The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

Takethedogalong replied on 25/02/2017 20:14

Posted on 25/02/2017 20:14

I have just watched that new video on OP again. (Not the one that has to explain the logo, that's just naff) The one with the Richard Briers lookalike Grandad, lovingly holidaying with his son or daughter and their 2.2 children (I have imagined grandchild three is on its way, hence the 2.2!)

I am speculating here, but it shows a motorhome just before the film cuts to the Chairman and his brave new world speech. I am wondering if someone is now the proud owner of a motorhome, rather than a large caravan with the back end repaired............?

Not that it makes a difference to me of course, I have both, and a tent.

brue replied on 25/02/2017 20:16

Posted on 25/02/2017 20:16

You are a keen observer like me TDA, I wondered the same! (And the RB look alike smile.)

Tinwheeler replied on 25/02/2017 20:17

Posted on 25/02/2017 18:44 by PhilHeller

Breaking your journey at Scone, I presume you are using the oppositions site😂

Posted on 25/02/2017 20:17

Oh, yes, Phil. We've been going there for years and the wifi works! We'll use a few more of their sites as well. We find they tend to be in handier locations than CC's. 

Jo123 replied on 25/02/2017 20:24

Posted on 25/02/2017 20:24

As a trailer tent and campervan owner, I'm feeling excluded from the rebranded club. I understood the caravan club included all units with wheels. I remember being told by the Club when I joined 11 years ago that if you have wheels, you are welcome! Now it doesn't give the impression of embracing other units, which is a great shame. 

Wherenext replied on 25/02/2017 20:41

Posted on 25/02/2017 20:24 by Jo123

As a trailer tent and campervan owner, I'm feeling excluded from the rebranded club. I understood the caravan club included all units with wheels. I remember being told by the Club when I joined 11 years ago that if you have wheels, you are welcome! Now it doesn't give the impression of embracing other units, which is a great shame. 

Posted on 25/02/2017 20:41

They're probably holding back the rebrand of the rebrand until next years show!Just hang on in there.wink

Wherenext replied on 25/02/2017 20:43

Posted on 25/02/2017 19:43 by Junezhubby

Yaaaay post 1400!!!

Posted on 25/02/2017 20:43

The club will undoubtedly spin this as the success of CT and how so many members are using it. Just wait and see.smile

Jem Aldridge replied on 25/02/2017 21:11

Posted on 25/02/2017 21:11

Superb new look to the Club logo and web site and congrats to all for this move to recognise the changing membership and increase in Motorhomes. Can you please therefore review the MH service points on many sites as lifting a big heavy plate to access the grey waste point is hard work.  

Rob56Nette48 replied on 25/02/2017 21:16

Posted on 25/02/2017 21:16

Will the club compensate us for the 15,000 leaflets we have had printed all with the old logo and club name on them to advertsise our CL site here at Greetham Retreat CL in Lincolnshire.  These cost us over £500 and are now all inaccurate.  Why has the club not informed CL owners of the changes in advance?   To not give any advanced warnings to CL;'s many others will have letterheads, uniforms and other sighnage purchsesd for the new season by now and it will all be wrong and just a waste of money.  Its strange that all your own sites were aware before the announcment but no CL's had any idea what was proposed.  The new CL sign does not appear to even mention the 5 van limit which we allways comply with.   We will have vans turning up and just setting up and  making us break the law by exceeding 5 vans?  This has just not been thought through for the perspective of CL owners.  We are very disapointed with the lack of consideration and thought from the club to CL owners like us who thought we were partners enhancing members chioces and experiances on our sites.  Again would be very interested if you will compenste us the money we spent on advertising so that we can get a complete reprint with the correct logos and club name etc.

Rob Folwell

Greetham Retreat CL.  Website www.greethamretreat.co.uk/touring-caravans

AlvinB replied on 25/02/2017 21:38

Posted on 25/02/2017 21:38

You didn't even tell CL's that you were changing the name. That is disgraceful. I hope they will all be compensated. If it wasn't too late I would have cancelled my membership; I do not intend to renew next year. 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook