The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

LeTouriste replied on 25/02/2017 16:50

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:50

When we started caravanning a long way back, we joined the C&CC (please excuse the unpleasant language!). Later, we also joined the C.C., but eventually decided that being in both was a waste of money.  So we chose to stay with one, and that happened to be the C.C.  At that time, the reason was that we insure our caravan with the C.C., and are members of Green Flag double journey cover.

Regardless of the logo, new and many existing members will chose/stay with a Club depending on what it offers.  If a new Club should happen to be formed and offer a better deal, then the drift would begin.  Put simply - most members care about what they get for their hard earned cash. Rather than put great store in the logo, more pressing attention should be given to the expressed dissatisfaction, and addressed as a matter of urgency.  This is where the Club's future lays.

tommys replied on 25/02/2017 16:56

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:56

I wrote a long piece this morning but it isn't appearing! Perhaps it hurt too much! However in short, I think it is a total waste of the MEMBERS money. The logo is rubbish and meaningless. The cost must be enormous and I must have blinked when I was asked my opinion by a committee member!  Give us back our old logo and in particular the RED PENNANT and stick to what you do best...............lovely sites!

grumpy steve replied on 25/02/2017 16:57

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:57

I am absolutely livid at the way this unnecessary change has been imposed on us. The committee obviously felt they didn't need to consult the Owners/members of the club before they decided to waste thousands of our pounds effecting this totally unacceptable change. As for the Logo what can I say but support the statement that a child of 4 could do better and it bears no relationship to anything caravan or motor-home associated.

For over 100 years the name and logo have been fine WHY WHY WHY change it now!! 

I feel very strongly the Chairman and his Team should resign 

DaveJ99 replied on 25/02/2017 17:22

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:29 by Tinwheeler

Cheers, WN. It won't get to me or change the way I use my MH or the sites I stay on. It has, though, opened my eyes to prejudices I hadn't previously realised existed within the membership of the club. It seems the rebranding has brought this to the fore which is somewhat counter productive.

As you said, small minded people.

Posted on 25/02/2017 17:22

Tinwheeler you are very welcome to pitch next to me, if you are up this way.

Here people often say, "We're all Jock Tamson's Bairns", which means, "we're all the same". It is often used to break down prejudice of one kind and another.

Moreover the popularity of the North Coast 500 run around Scotland is bringing more Motor Caravans of every shape to the Highlands and sites are prospering which benefits us here. You will feel at home. The roads are like rural Cornwall.

Tinwheeler replied on 25/02/2017 17:37

Posted on 25/02/2017 17:22 by DaveJ99

Tinwheeler you are very welcome to pitch next to me, if you are up this way.

Here people often say, "We're all Jock Tamson's Bairns", which means, "we're all the same". It is often used to break down prejudice of one kind and another.

Moreover the popularity of the North Coast 500 run around Scotland is bringing more Motor Caravans of every shape to the Highlands and sites are prospering which benefits us here. You will feel at home. The roads are like rural Cornwall.

Posted on 25/02/2017 17:37

Thankyou, Dave. I've visited many a time and covered most of Scotland. We will be back in June to break the journey at Scone and other places en route to Orkney and Shetland.

I would argue that your roads are better than those in Cornwall. You have dedicated passing places and lower hedges making visibility better.

Tinwheeler replied on 25/02/2017 17:38

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:37 by rkj52

Only a few TW, and you are always to pitch next to our caravan as is any other MotorHome

Posted on 25/02/2017 17:38

Cheers, RKJ.

GodivaNige replied on 25/02/2017 17:51

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:26 by Tinwheeler

There are many anti-MH posts earlier in this thread, DR. Some are quite awful and have displayed a division I never knew existed. 

Posted on 25/02/2017 17:51

It's only a handful of posters on the forum Tinwheeler, I don't think it's representative of the membership as a whole, the majority likely couldn't care less if they happen to be parked next to a motorhome on site.

I too have been surprised by some of the anti MH comments that appeared earlier in this thread and didn't realize this animosity existed. It's a funny ol world.

replied on 25/02/2017 18:14

Posted on 25/02/2017 18:14

It's only a handful of posters on the forum Tinwheeler, I don't think it's representative of the membership as a whole, the majority likely couldn't care less if they happen to be parked next to a motorhome on site.

I spend 120 nights a year on sites. Around a hundred on club sites. I am damned sure that it is not representative.

GodivaNige replied on 25/02/2017 18:27

Posted on 25/02/2017 18:27

The C&CC have just reported on their Faceache page that they have seen a marked increase in motorhome owners enquiring about membership, whilst at the show. 

Its something me and the missus are now considering. Sell the big expensive to run diesel 4x4 and the caravan, replace with a motorhome and a small petrol car

papgeno replied on 25/02/2017 18:29

Posted on 25/02/2017 18:29

I based my last post on my reading of page 9 of the current magazine . I note that our dearly beloved Chairman doesn't know what "the next generation of explorers will look like". Well it's not rocket science is it they'll likely mostly have a head, a body, two arms and two legs. They'll be driving big cars or motor homes and be dragging bigger caravans some of which will leak, some even as soon as they leave the dealers' forecourts. BTW my grandson likes the new logo so at least one explorer of tomorrow has been partly won over. Result 😀 It's comforting to know that the CAMC will be ready for them, whatever that means.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook