The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

DodgyRog replied on 25/02/2017 14:58

Posted on 24/02/2017 23:33 by G Cherokee

Really??????

As an individual what can you do?

What are you going to do? Apart from posting your feelings on here, are you going to refuse to use sites that have motor caravans/ homes pitched on them?

That's your perogative. Like I said what's done is done. How can welcoming other leisure vehicles with open arms lead to the demise of the club, when additional members from other walks of life generate more cash into the club????

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:58

You are correct an individual cannot do much on their own. This is a members club therefore with lots of voices. Lots of voices can cause change ( Unlike in this case where no-one had the opportunity). In your words 'what is done is done'. By the reaction here this may not be the case.

Also where do you get the idea that we have never welcomed motor 'caravanners' with open arms?

G Cherokee replied on 25/02/2017 15:06

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:06

Trawl through the posts and you will find some anti motorcaravan Comments.

I do not try to stir things up, or offend anyone, I just say what I see.

JayEss replied on 25/02/2017 15:15

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:06 by G Cherokee

Trawl through the posts and you will find some anti motorcaravan Comments.

I do not try to stir things up, or offend anyone, I just say what I see.

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:15

There have been some nasty anti motorhome posts. There have been quite a few nasty anti caravan posts in the past  

I doubt that people as prejudiced as those responsible for the posts will change 

Tinwheeler replied on 25/02/2017 15:26

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:58 by DodgyRog

You are correct an individual cannot do much on their own. This is a members club therefore with lots of voices. Lots of voices can cause change ( Unlike in this case where no-one had the opportunity). In your words 'what is done is done'. By the reaction here this may not be the case.

Also where do you get the idea that we have never welcomed motor 'caravanners' with open arms?

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:26

There are many anti-MH posts earlier in this thread, DR. Some are quite awful and have displayed a division I never knew existed. 

tombar replied on 25/02/2017 15:42

Posted on 21/02/2017 09:12 by RochelleCC

Hi JVB,

The change in name and logo were based on your feedback and in consultation with your representatives on the Committee. Together, we’re embarking on a journey of investment in the future of our Club.

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:42

What investment?undecided  Thought it was us, the members, who invested, ie, a caravan.  What about folding campers being included.  I used to have one, and some sites didn't want tents or didn't want caravans, so what were we classed as, as folding campers are half and half.

Wherenext replied on 25/02/2017 15:53

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:26 by Tinwheeler

There are many anti-MH posts earlier in this thread, DR. Some are quite awful and have displayed a division I never knew existed. 

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:53

Don't let it get to you, TW. They are small minded people and prejudice stalks every walk of life. I even had MH's turn their nose up at us when we arrived on a site in France as we were a small 2 berth caravan. 

As Mrs.WN quite rightly put it, it's them that have the problem not us.

Tinwheeler replied on 25/02/2017 16:29

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:53 by Wherenext

Don't let it get to you, TW. They are small minded people and prejudice stalks every walk of life. I even had MH's turn their nose up at us when we arrived on a site in France as we were a small 2 berth caravan. 

As Mrs.WN quite rightly put it, it's them that have the problem not us.

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:29

Cheers, WN. It won't get to me or change the way I use my MH or the sites I stay on. It has, though, opened my eyes to prejudices I hadn't previously realised existed within the membership of the club. It seems the rebranding has brought this to the fore which is somewhat counter productive.

As you said, small minded people.

rkj52 replied on 25/02/2017 16:37

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:29 by Tinwheeler

Cheers, WN. It won't get to me or change the way I use my MH or the sites I stay on. It has, though, opened my eyes to prejudices I hadn't previously realised existed within the membership of the club. It seems the rebranding has brought this to the fore which is somewhat counter productive.

As you said, small minded people.

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:37

Only a few TW, and you are always to pitch next to our caravan as is any other MotorHome

rkj52 replied on 25/02/2017 16:40

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:22 by JVB66

Have a look at Who owns the club thread there is a very interesting post on there ref CSMA

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:40

Very interesting. Think about it, the CC bought Alan Rodgers, now rebranded the CMC to attract yet more members onto a decreasing number of pitches to boost profits mmmmmmmm I wonder!!

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook