The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

replied on 25/02/2017 13:37

Posted on 25/02/2017 13:37

Well the biggest news for me with this re-brand is the exciting development and inspirational options afforded.

I can now use the club sites and go off fishing, exploring or even playing golf - wonderful and I only wish they had told me earlier. If I had known that what a difference it would have made to my caravanning with the club over the last 35 years. 

I must have missed out on so much!

DaveJ99 replied on 25/02/2017 13:57

Posted on 25/02/2017 13:57

I have not been caravanning very long, only 15 years. Over that period I think the Club has changed a great deal. I am not sure it is a club any more, but more and more a pseudo-commercial operation.

The sites are excellent, the wardens are superb and fellow members are great company, whatever set-up they have. But I see a leadership rather semi-detached from the membership and life on site. This re-branding exercise is a fine example. Of all the things that members would like to happen I guess re-branding was not high on the list.

In the real business world it is fatal to become detached from one's customers. Whist there is a very good case for running the Club in a business-like manner, there is no case for becoming detached from one's customers - the beating heart if the Club - its members.

JVB66 replied on 25/02/2017 14:00

Posted on 25/02/2017 13:37 by

Well the biggest news for me with this re-brand is the exciting development and inspirational options afforded.

I can now use the club sites and go off fishing, exploring or even playing golf - wonderful and I only wish they had told me earlier. If I had known that what a difference it would have made to my caravanning with the club over the last 35 years. 

I must have missed out on so much!

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:00

So in the past you did not "explore"surprised

replied on 25/02/2017 14:05

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:05

Well the old useless club failed to inspire more people to enjoy the great outdoors it would seem as that is one of mainstays of the improved club.

JVB66 replied on 25/02/2017 14:15

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:05 by

Well the old useless club failed to inspire more people to enjoy the great outdoors it would seem as that is one of mainstays of the improved club.

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:15

winkcool

JayEss replied on 25/02/2017 14:19

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:05 by

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:19

It features in three of the four values and as such makes me feel that I'm not the sort of explorer the club is after. wink

I feel no connection with the new values. 

However if they don't ruin the sites, sort this website out and reconsider the issue of booking HS I may put my disconnection aside and stick around. I have until July to decide 

ctrl replied on 25/02/2017 14:38

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:55 by bvmc

Very sad to see money has been wasted on a re-brand of the Caravan Club. Does anyone else think that the new logo is ugly?  

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:38

I totally agree. What a complete waste of funds. the membership should have been properly consulted, it was not!

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook