The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

G Cherokee replied on 24/02/2017 23:33

Posted on 24/02/2017 23:15 by H1UBS

I liked the Caravan Club because we are Caravaners . We were tempted by the friendly people at the Camping and Caravanning Club but as 'Caravaners' felt the CC was likely to be more accommodating.

Don't have any problem with Camper-vans but what on earth is a motor home? In our experience an American style Winnebago bus.

What are you doing Caravan Club ? Is Jeremy Corbyn at the helm here too ? You are out of touch with your membership and are on an unsupported trajectory which will lead to failure.

Posted on 24/02/2017 23:33

Really??????

As an individual what can you do?

What are you going to do? Apart from posting your feelings on here, are you going to refuse to use sites that have motor caravans/ homes pitched on them?

That's your perogative. Like I said what's done is done. How can welcoming other leisure vehicles with open arms lead to the demise of the club, when additional members from other walks of life generate more cash into the club????

replied on 24/02/2017 23:37

Posted on 24/02/2017 23:37

I doubt that Buraburas. I dislike intensely the failure of CC management to communicate with its members on this and on many items. I do not believe all that we are told either with regard to such things as being able to select hard standing when booking. I think that if that was permitted that there would be a loss in revenue with unsold grass pitches and hence no chance. The management will not change its mind having gone so far. 

Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
"Forward, the Light Brigade!
"Charge for the guns!" he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred

G Cherokee replied on 24/02/2017 23:38

Posted on 24/02/2017 23:27 by buraburas

Dream on this will be over turned I will put money on it watch out the minority should not rule 👌

Posted on 24/02/2017 23:38

So all the expenditure of rebranding will now be doubled to change it back???

I'm sure that will go down even better 

replied on 24/02/2017 23:40

Posted on 24/02/2017 23:33 by G Cherokee

Really??????

As an individual what can you do?

What are you going to do? Apart from posting your feelings on here, are you going to refuse to use sites that have motor caravans/ homes pitched on them?

That's your perogative. Like I said what's done is done. How can welcoming other leisure vehicles with open arms lead to the demise of the club, when additional members from other walks of life generate more cash into the club????

Posted on 24/02/2017 23:40

are you going to refuse to use sites that have motor caravans/ homes pitched on them?

I doubt that H1UBS has any problem with motorhomes

H1UBS replied on 24/02/2017 23:43

Posted on 24/02/2017 23:43

As a caravaner I feel let down by my club. There is now no difference between it and the other club so my loyalty has been lost to it.

buraburas replied on 24/02/2017 23:46

Posted on 24/02/2017 23:46

Your having a laugh 😂 yes mabe we can't do anything but it still sticks in our mouth in the cc we never discriminated Motorhome/Cavan Tent etc but to change a club on a whim is shocking is is what is is so if you had a tent and looking at sales bet tents top it so are you going to call it th tacamc. 😂

GodivaNige replied on 24/02/2017 23:49

Posted on 24/02/2017 23:27 by buraburas

Dream on this will be over turned I will put money on it watch out the minority should not rule 👌

Posted on 24/02/2017 23:49

You're not in the "Embrace it" camp then? wink 

replied on 24/02/2017 23:49

Posted on 24/02/2017 23:43 by H1UBS

As a caravaner I feel let down by my club. There is now no difference between it and the other club so my loyalty has been lost to it.

Posted on 24/02/2017 23:49

Tents don't really figure ............. yet, not many pods ................ yet

G Cherokee replied on 24/02/2017 23:52

Posted on 24/02/2017 23:52

It has been said before that a motor caravan/home is just a caravan with an engine.

I, for the life of me can't see where this predudice comes from 🤔

replied on 24/02/2017 23:54

Posted on 24/02/2017 23:54

I am not convinced that there is much real prejudice at all. I do not think that the name change itself is what upsets people.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook