The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

G Cherokee replied on 25/02/2017 00:00

Posted on 25/02/2017 00:00

And that my friend is all we've had to go on.

No one had said "well let's just wait and see what happens" you never know, it may turn out fabulous for everybody!! laughing

GodivaNige replied on 25/02/2017 00:08

Posted on 25/02/2017 00:00 by G Cherokee

And that my friend is all we've had to go on.

No one had said "well let's just wait and see what happens" you never know, it may turn out fabulous for everybody!! laughing

Posted on 25/02/2017 00:08

There's no place for optimism whilst there is still space available on the moaning bandwagon

DavidKlyne replied on 25/02/2017 00:10

Posted on 24/02/2017 22:22 by GodivaNige

It's pointless to go around in circles over this, the Club has been renamed, it won't be changed back.

Posted on 25/02/2017 00:10

Quite so. It is one thing for people to voice their views, which they are perfectly entitled to do, but the change has been made. It's not up for negotiation. Many posts in this thread have actually pointed to the reasons behind why the Club made the change. The problem with threads like this is that people don't (and who could blame them) go back and read 1200 odd posts. We are now called The Caravan and Motorhome Club and it ain't going change in the foreseeable future I imagine. 

David

buraburas replied on 25/02/2017 00:19

Posted on 25/02/2017 00:10 by DavidKlyne

Quite so. It is one thing for people to voice their views, which they are perfectly entitled to do, but the change has been made. It's not up for negotiation. Many posts in this thread have actually pointed to the reasons behind why the Club made the change. The problem with threads like this is that people don't (and who could blame them) go back and read 1200 odd posts. We are now called The Caravan and Motorhome Club and it ain't going change in the foreseeable future I imagine. 

David

Posted on 25/02/2017 00:19

It is not up for negotiations David since when if it can swing one way surely it can swing the other way if we all stopped paying to the club do you think it might make a change or are we all sheep 🐑 like the club think we are 

replied on 25/02/2017 00:21

Posted on 25/02/2017 00:21

The issue is not the name change for me; it is communication and that shows no chance of improvement

GodivaNige replied on 25/02/2017 00:23

Posted on 25/02/2017 00:10 by DavidKlyne

David

Posted on 25/02/2017 00:23

It can be called Caravan Swingers International for all I care. All I'm interested in is sites located close to where I want to be.

A more diverse membership would be nice though, I hope the Club achieves its goals. 

GodivaNige replied on 25/02/2017 00:26

Posted on 25/02/2017 00:19 by buraburas

It is not up for negotiations David since when if it can swing one way surely it can swing the other way if we all stopped paying to the club do you think it might make a change or are we all sheep 🐑 like the club think we are 

Posted on 25/02/2017 00:26

800,000 members in this club, a few hundred activists are not going to make the difference you are hoping for. 

buraburas replied on 25/02/2017 00:36

Posted on 25/02/2017 00:36

David it's a institution of life not a whim if all mh owners think that they are a problem well now they defo do by this daft name change  go back to mad Mitch of the AASH and the government of the time wanted to disband them the public had other ideas they did us proud and overturnd them when in a club you all stick together and the club means tents trailer tents Motorhomes etc let it be that was Paul m but John said you can't talk to me bull dog 🐶 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook