The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

Fysherman replied on 24/02/2017 13:23

Posted on 24/02/2017 13:23

If the club really wants to get rid of the "stuffy old fashioned image" try getting rid of everyone on the committee over 50 and get some young'uns in.

I'm 60 so that's me outcool

avondriver replied on 24/02/2017 13:23

Posted on 24/02/2017 11:43 by

I notice the club liking posts saying 'How nice to have an inclusive name'. I see little to address any complaints of members with reservations. Strange that isn't it??

Posted on 24/02/2017 13:23

Not really. In marketing management terms these types of things are often seen as follows.

there's no going back.

It is better to groom those in favour and not inflame those against.

In reality people will either get used to it or depart.

It's probable that those that depart are not in the target market anyway and could just be a ongoing oozing sore. 

some groundwork has to be done before implementing the changes and/or new ways or working that will appeal to the new target market. Such changes can then be brought in at regular intervals to make the organisation look progressive. (Hence why there are no concrete changes on day 1)

not saying it's correct or a nice view of the world but you can see it in many companies.

RickyM34 replied on 24/02/2017 13:56

Posted on 24/02/2017 13:56

I thought exactly the same as soon as I saw the email, Steve. How much cost? The 'membership' cost goes up each year but my wage does not. Maybe without doing a rebranding the price could have stayed the same. I think it is a real shame that sites are letting in Non-Members (Daleacres as a example). Quality of the people staying has definitely deteriorated on those sites. The Club sites should be for Club Members - there are few enough spaces anyway. The Club should also be trying to own sites - Northbrook Farm as an example. Council apparently selling half to property developers so will be a tiny site. Priorities seem to wrong when it comes to spending money.......... Enough ranting - I am off to start the beginning of an exciting adventure..................

Simol replied on 24/02/2017 13:57

Posted on 24/02/2017 13:57

The key thing here is that the club has recognised the need to reflect the caravan and camping requirements of its diverse membership.  The average age of members is in the 60s.  The club needs to be confident that it is relevant to the full age range and diverse requirements of the whole of the outdoor living community

While the Church of England has often been described as the Tory Party at prayer, the Caravan Club has often been described as the Tory Party at play.  I'm sure members will never forget the photos of members at the Buckingham Palace Garden Party......

Maybe the next development will be to get a President who is not a minor royal, but someone who has relevance to the outdoor life and the environment.  

Sir Bruin replied on 24/02/2017 13:58

Posted on 24/02/2017 12:54 by Tinwheeler

Quite so, SirB. I really don't know what all the fuss is about. Whether we like the logo and name or not isn't going to change the way we use, or don't use, sites.

What possible impact can these changes have on people's lives that they feel the need to post as if the world had ended? Lighten up, folks, it's a name and a logo. Let's carry on with life as we know it.

Posted on 24/02/2017 13:58

Ah, TW, I am happy to note that I am not alone in thinking that there might be more important things in life to worry about.  I believe that the club has many more members than those who have posted on here, so it is reasonable to assume that they are not bothered either. Having said all that, I note that you are a motorhomer. I am now concerned that I may be burned at the stake for even communicating with you. tongue-out

D L A Court replied on 24/02/2017 14:20

Posted on 24/02/2017 14:20

I must agree with a lot of the comments regarding the expence of this change, you say it was in consultation with our representatives on the committee, but did OUR representatives consult with US, the people they are supposed to represent? Motorhome (or motor caravans as they are also referred as) have always been welcome and I fail to see how this huge expence can be justified!! The cost will include changing all site signs, the adverts, the title of our club books and magazines, a total waste!!

GrumpySteve replied on 24/02/2017 14:55

Posted on 24/02/2017 14:55

Received my new handbook today, complete with new , uninspiring logo. Looking at the Club Bye-laws in the rear I see that a "caravan" is described as " a trailer caravan, MOTORHOME, trailer tent or folding camper" so it does make me wonder whether there really was any need to change except to polish the egos of those in charge. Personally I have no problem with the name change but the logo really does leave a lot to be desired. Looking at it I fail to see how it could possibly be connected to a thriving leisure/travel organisation. It looks more like the logo a down - at - heel local authority might select.

GGG3 replied on 24/02/2017 15:02

Posted on 24/02/2017 15:02

I don't mind the changes of name and logo but do find the site symbols in the new directory are not particularly clear - pale green on white may be pleasing to the designer but not ideal for reader clarity.

replied on 24/02/2017 15:08

Posted on 24/02/2017 15:08

I see some have finally received a handbook. What is the map like?? 

JVB66 replied on 24/02/2017 15:16

Posted on 24/02/2017 15:08 by

I see some have finally received a handbook. What is the map like?? 

Posted on 24/02/2017 15:16

It is a bit larger than the last one,so does not seem so crampedundecided

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook