The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

countax replied on 24/02/2017 16:18

Posted on 24/02/2017 16:18

I welcome change however only if it is to provide a better all-round service from the CC..... sorry C and MC.

What is the point of the new logo? Perhaps if the club really wished to make positive changes then maybe some of the cash could have been spent assisting members.............such as some research and comparison  of warranties on new caravans and motorhomes? I can  think of a few more!

Hmmm.........I somehow don't believe  we will ever see this. It might upset manufacturers.....I can almost hear the frantic phone calls to head office now..... whereas I would see it as a little bit of pressure on manufacturers to get their acts together and hence up the whole caravan and motorhome experience.

Lyke Wake Man replied on 24/02/2017 16:19

Posted on 24/02/2017 16:19

I recieved the new stickers yesterday, I won't be putting them in my car or caravan, they look bloddy awfull, I will keep the old design

lesbunny replied on 24/02/2017 16:25

Posted on 21/02/2017 09:12 by RochelleCC

Hi JVB,

The change in name and logo were based on your feedback and in consultation with your representatives on the Committee. Together, we’re embarking on a journey of investment in the future of our Club.

Posted on 24/02/2017 16:25

"based on your feedback " - Sorry but I don't think so, where was any past reference to this posted or mentioned ???

" a journey of investment " implies you expect a return on said investment - how has this been calculated ? Against the overall cost of changing all the site signs, reprinting of stationary & sending all members the new logo stickers for their cars & caravans ? How many new members do you expect to gain because of a name change ?

What next " The Caravan, Motorhome, Wooden pod & Tent club " !!!

British Airways spent a small fortune painting the tailplanes of their fleet multicolours "to reflect our global diversity" Seen any lately ? NO they quickly realised the Union Jack brand was world renowned & they quickly resprayed the lot.

I agree with JVB, this was an ego trip by HQ.

DaveJ99 replied on 24/02/2017 16:30

Posted on 24/02/2017 15:38 by crannoghome

Now that the initial shock of the announcement has sunk in, you must wonder if any of the Club's hierarchy has any experience of the Management of Change. Even the most casual knowledge of the subject, such as the principles of Lewin's or Cotter's change models to name just two, would have resulted in there being dialogue with the membership, as principal stakeholders, to explain the need for change.  After all, they are why the Club exists – aren’t they?  Moreover, even after the fait accompli, there has been no rational explanation from the management for the need to 'rebrand', what the tangible benefits are going to be or how success is going to be measured.  After all, you are not going to spend millions of pounds on a rebranding exercise unless you've decided what you want to achieve - surely?

The latest magazine has just come through the membership's letterboxes and I would have thought that it would have been the ideal place for the Chairman to have explained the reasoning behind these expensive changes, but no, nothing.  So the edict for change has been passed down like a tablet of stone to the general membership, in which case the Club's hierarchy won’t be surprised if many voice their resentment.  I wait with interest for the AGM.

Posted on 24/02/2017 16:30

In my remarks at 12:25, 24/2/17, I addressed some of the benefits and problems of re-branding and in particular the ill-advised change of a very strong brand name. I was thinking about the external market impact.

In your remarks, Crannoghome, you have addressed the internal impact on stakeholders, principally members, and the vital importance of good communications.

I think your observations about the management of change are quite right and taken together with my own concerns we must conclude our  Chairman and Director General are proceeding in a less than considered manner.

countax replied on 24/02/2017 16:33

Posted on 24/02/2017 16:19 by Lyke Wake Man

I recieved the new stickers yesterday, I won't be putting them in my car or caravan, they look bloddy awfull, I will keep the old design

Posted on 24/02/2017 16:33

As a "Pioneer" I decided to lead mine to that brave new world outside my back door.....otherwise known as the smilebin. The world has not ended. My way of managing change.

Wildwood replied on 24/02/2017 16:41

Posted on 24/02/2017 16:41

I cannot see that the new name will affect anyones view of the club but it keeps a section happy and in itself would have little cost. It did not need a letter to all members and could have been done by a note in or with the magazine for far less.

The new logo is another matter and as far as I can see it has achieved the impossible and got everyone to agree that it is rubbish.

Metheven replied on 24/02/2017 16:41

Posted on 24/02/2017 16:41

I have accepted all that's been done but now 'management' have upset my wife, and I have got to live with her surprised

She looked at the new sites book cover and the map cover, not a caravan in view, just a solitary Motorhome yell I made her a cup of tea and told her I will personally write to the Chairman sealed This time they have gone too far, we are the poor relation wink

Picture

Harry101 replied on 24/02/2017 16:47

Posted on 24/02/2017 16:47

This is a total waste of time and money.  I have been involved with two organisations who have in the first case changed the logo, and in the second altered the name and logo.  Who benifited, the agency that designed the new logos.  No one else.  In fact 5 years after the name change, one organisation is still known by the old name!!

This time and money should have been channelled into new and improved sites, not some bright idea of the Committee. 

The original brand name and logo had credibility.  Think you have just thrown it down the toilet emptying point.

PhilHeller replied on 24/02/2017 16:55

Posted on 24/02/2017 16:48 by DaveJ99

A time of writing the Caravan Club flag still flies here in Scotland.

Posted on 24/02/2017 16:55

As a fellow Perthshire Caravanner have you had the latest magazine and/or Sites Book yet or are we the forgotten ones again?😂

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook