The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

replied on 24/02/2017 18:06

Posted on 24/02/2017 18:06

I admit to not understanding the slogan on this OP of The same Club, just better...

As far as I can see it is at present simply The same Club, just rebadged... Hmmm doesn't quite have the same ring. Better to stick with the fake news version I suppose.

replied on 24/02/2017 18:06

Posted on 24/02/2017 18:06

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

KENNYG replied on 24/02/2017 19:23

Posted on 24/02/2017 19:23

What will the new cl sign look like after a couple of months in the wind and rain and road spray the logo looks a bit dull unless it has a light background. 

It was sometimes very difficult to see the old one when stuck in the hedge row. 

DavidRose replied on 24/02/2017 19:42

Posted on 24/02/2017 19:42

It costs millions for a brand/logo change like this and it sickens me when a major commercial enterprise does it.

But for a club, that is apparently owned by its members, when the costs of staying are starting to get excessive, this is an unacceptable waste of money.

Even if I were a motorhomer, I would feel the same way.  I don't need a name change to make me feel welcome.

Tinwheeler replied on 24/02/2017 19:46

Posted on 24/02/2017 19:46

I'd never felt unwelcome until I read some of the posts in this thread. frown

replied on 24/02/2017 19:50

Posted on 24/02/2017 19:50

The Caravan Club was 110 years old with a lot of history and over the years an awful lot of members, but it no longer exists! It is now The Caravan and Motorhome Club which is 3 days old therefore it is starting all over again.

Is the "Club" a club or a business, it is about time the executive told us that it is either one or the other. I say this because obviously the executive don't consider us as members, but customers and surely if we are members, they should have had the decency to consult the membership about the changes and given us the chance to say yea or nay.

AandM replied on 24/02/2017 19:56

Posted on 24/02/2017 19:56

Well the rebranding sems to be going down like a lead balloon,  my new club badges came in the post today Not impressed they are now in the recycling bin after watching the video still do not see the thoughts involved. What a waste of money? 

JohnM20 replied on 24/02/2017 19:59

Posted on 24/02/2017 19:59

There have been some posts claiming that the vast majority of posters on this thread who are against the change of name, the change of logo or the vast amount of money that must have been wasted on the exercise do not represent the feelings of the majority of the membership as a whole. No they don't but the fact that there are far more posters against the change than are for it must say an awful lot and so statistically, they must represent the views of the whole membership. It is just the same as for political elections. There may only be a small turnout but those that get the most votes by those voters that are bothered to make representations by marking a cross on a ballot paper win the seat, or in this case, the view that it has been a very ill-conceived idea.

My own view is that the amount spent on the rebrand should have been used making what we have got more fit for purpose, this pathetic website for one. You can only spend the money once.

What saddens me is that neither the Chairman nor Director General  have the good grace to come onto this forum to explain personally why they considered it to be such a good idea to be profligate with the Caravan Club's funds. Perhaps it is because they know that they have shot themselves in the foot and cannot defend the indefensible. I feel sorry for Rochelle who has to toe the party line and act as the mouthpiece and reply to just a few of the vast number of complaints about the issue but using what really appears to be stock replies .

Companies or clubs wanting to expand should do so by evolution, not revolution and, in my eyes, this is now a revolution gone badly wrong.

Let me say finally, I am certainly not anti motorhome / motor caravan(whatever one might like to call it) to me, we are all just fellow members of the same caravan club with different types of caravans.

buraburas replied on 24/02/2017 20:17

Posted on 24/02/2017 19:46 by Tinwheeler

I'd never felt unwelcome until I read some of the posts in this thread. frown

Posted on 24/02/2017 20:17

Tinwheeler don't think for a moment that there is some kind of caravan /Motorhome war this has been created by the club I would love a Motorhome but not got the penny's yet but to go and change a old institutions name that you were happy with seems mad and expensive this is so divisive the head of the club needs there head examined 🙁

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook