The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

replied on 24/02/2017 20:29

Posted on 24/02/2017 20:29

Nearly put my letter in the bin as I thought it was junk mail.

such a badly composed letter, didn't even mention the Caravan club. 

Had to log on here to check the facts! 

eurortraveller replied on 24/02/2017 20:33

Posted on 24/02/2017 20:33

Catchy brand names...AA,  RAC, BT, Apple, Windows, Tesco, Asda, Lidl, Aldi, Saga, Boots, Oxfam, ....are all short and sweet.

But Caravan and Motorhome Club is a clunky mouthful. Mistake.

Junezhubby replied on 24/02/2017 20:39

Posted on 24/02/2017 20:39

Well....now I'm joining the ranks of the miffed......

Somewhere a million posts back someone complained their app was now newly logo'd up and was now a camc app on their iPhone.  So I rushed over to play store to update my app, it's there showing all nice and shiney, new but won't update on my android, I'm still stuck with the cc appfrown. I wasn't going to bother with the show this time but I'm going down to brum to complain tomorrow nowcool

Tinwheeler replied on 24/02/2017 20:42

Posted on 24/02/2017 20:02 by KeithandMargaret

Tinwheeler, fret not - I still love you.

And so does she ......

Posted on 24/02/2017 20:42

Why, thankyou, K&M. 

One does appreciate such comments from one's fellow members.

Tinwheeler replied on 24/02/2017 20:44

Posted on 24/02/2017 20:17 by buraburas

Tinwheeler don't think for a moment that there is some kind of caravan /Motorhome war this has been created by the club I would love a Motorhome but not got the penny's yet but to go and change a old institutions name that you were happy with seems mad and expensive this is so divisive the head of the club needs there head examined 🙁

Posted on 24/02/2017 20:44

Bura, I have never experienced anti-MH comments prior to the advent of this thread. I'm shocked but it will not affect me one iota.

buraburas replied on 24/02/2017 20:56

Posted on 24/02/2017 20:56

Good for you tinwheeler geat attitude bunch of daftys the lot to quote rabbie burns they are all a parcel of rouges 👀

GodivaNige replied on 24/02/2017 21:08

Posted on 24/02/2017 20:33 by eurortraveller

Catchy brand names...AA,  RAC, BT, Apple, Windows, Tesco, Asda, Lidl, Aldi, Saga, Boots, Oxfam, ....are all short and sweet.

But Caravan and Motorhome Club is a clunky mouthful. Mistake.

Posted on 24/02/2017 21:08

Eh? AA, RAC, BT and ASDA are abbreviations

Oxfam is the accepted shortened name representing the Oxford Committee for Famine Relief

Not the best examples to back up your theory 

GodivaNige replied on 24/02/2017 21:22

Posted on 24/02/2017 19:42 by DavidRose

It costs millions for a brand/logo change like this and it sickens me when a major commercial enterprise does it.

But for a club, that is apparently owned by its members, when the costs of staying are starting to get excessive, this is an unacceptable waste of money.

Even if I were a motorhomer, I would feel the same way.  I don't need a name change to make me feel welcome.

Posted on 24/02/2017 21:22

At the risk of repeating myself...

The membership are not the owners of the Club, the Club has no ownership, it is a managed not for profit organisation and no one person is entitled to any share of the profit or dividends.

We are paid up members of a membership organisation and we sign up to the by-laws of this organisation when we join. Within the by-laws it will state that operational decisions are the sole responsibility of the elected governing committee.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook