The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

GGG3 replied on 24/02/2017 15:17

Posted on 24/02/2017 15:17

Site locations map not much different, thumbnail maps on site pages have colour changes no better/no worse for clarity.

replied on 24/02/2017 15:17

Posted on 21/02/2017 16:01 by RochelleCC

JVB66... I have a degree in Journalism, does that count? wink

Posted on 24/02/2017 15:17

No but it helps to explain perhaps the level of true information provided.

Tinwheeler replied on 24/02/2017 15:21

Posted on 24/02/2017 13:58 by Sir Bruin

Ah, TW, I am happy to note that I am not alone in thinking that there might be more important things in life to worry about.  I believe that the club has many more members than those who have posted on here, so it is reasonable to assume that they are not bothered either. Having said all that, I note that you are a motorhomer. I am now concerned that I may be burned at the stake for even communicating with you. tongue-out

Posted on 24/02/2017 15:21

You may escape the chargrilling, SirB, as I used to be a caravanner until 3 years ago so I'm on the cusp really. I keep the old avatar so I can be seen to have a foot in each camp ...... and it confuses people.laughing

There is life to be enjoyed but let us be glad that many have found a cause to fill the gap until COTY#2 comes along.surprised

replied on 24/02/2017 15:23

Posted on 24/02/2017 15:17 by GGG3

Site locations map not much different, thumbnail maps on site pages have colour changes no better/no worse for clarity.

Posted on 24/02/2017 15:23

I was afraid of that regarding the map. 

JVB66 replied on 24/02/2017 15:32

Posted on 24/02/2017 15:32

I think another one of the things that is not fully explained is when a motor caravan became a motor home? as even the chairman when we spoke to him on at Birmingham on wednesday was saying "we have to embrace all,and since the club voted to allow Motor Caravans to be admitted in 1962 there has been a big increase in their membership   

crannoghome replied on 24/02/2017 15:38

Posted on 24/02/2017 15:38

Now that the initial shock of the announcement has sunk in, you must wonder if any of the Club's hierarchy has any experience of the Management of Change. Even the most casual knowledge of the subject, such as the principles of Lewin's or Cotter's change models to name just two, would have resulted in there being dialogue with the membership, as principal stakeholders, to explain the need for change.  After all, they are why the Club exists – aren’t they?  Moreover, even after the fait accompli, there has been no rational explanation from the management for the need to 'rebrand', what the tangible benefits are going to be or how success is going to be measured.  After all, you are not going to spend millions of pounds on a rebranding exercise unless you've decided what you want to achieve - surely?

The latest magazine has just come through the membership's letterboxes and I would have thought that it would have been the ideal place for the Chairman to have explained the reasoning behind these expensive changes, but no, nothing.  So the edict for change has been passed down like a tablet of stone to the general membership, in which case the Club's hierarchy won’t be surprised if many voice their resentment.  I wait with interest for the AGM.

replied on 24/02/2017 15:46

Posted on 24/02/2017 15:24 by Metheven

Colours just for you ET smile

Picture

Posted on 24/02/2017 15:46

At first glance it looks like it might be a little better than the last one. I will reserve judgement however until I see it in the fleash so to speak. 

Not sure that the contrast is great however. 

A number of members found the last one hard to read and as the club listens to its members it will probably be fine won't it?? 

Metheven replied on 24/02/2017 15:50

Posted on 24/02/2017 15:50

It's a very 'busy' map and the colours do blend rather than contrast, but I suppose each individual will see it differently.

replied on 24/02/2017 16:06

Posted on 24/02/2017 11:24 by PhilHeller

How will a rebrand and name change alter the well founded image without actually making changes to reasons why the club(?) is seen as stuffy, old-fashioned and strict.

I have shown this to my sons and their families and they see nothing that would attract them to join.

Posted on 24/02/2017 16:06

Not even the new logo and the promise to Inspire, Simplify, Pioneer and to be Inclusive? 

Now there is a wonder and a surprise.

Did you explain the significance of the new and vital logo? If so could you explain it to the rest of us as the club seems unable to do so.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook