The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

TimboC replied on 24/02/2017 11:11

Posted on 24/02/2017 11:11

I have just had my second item posted this week. First the plastic stickers, and now the magazine. why couldn't they be in the same envelope? Still no sign of the handbook!

I think this is the second bad decision in recent times. The magazine delivered today is awful. Over half of it is adverts, and the new type face and design make it difficult to read.

Thankfully, the sites and staff are still excellent, but I think the direction from above is sadly lacking.

brue replied on 24/02/2017 11:15

Posted on 24/02/2017 11:01 by

The important thing now is that the CMC improves their image, improves their IT standards and improves their communications generally.

Most important of all we need site improvements and expansion.

And on a scale of one to ten how likely? Did it need a logo change to achieve that? 

Posted on 24/02/2017 11:15

Unfortunately EasyT you've edited my post and taken it out of context.

RochelleCC replied on 24/02/2017 11:18

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:35 by DaveRL

Rochelle 

Please can you give more specific details as to who exactly provided the feedback and whose money will be being invested in the future?

Posted on 24/02/2017 11:18

Hi Dave,

The feedback was gathered from multiple surveys over the years, where members told us that they felt the Club was stuffy, old-fashioned and strict. With this rebrand we are hoping to change that image.

The cost has been planned and budgeted in advance. It is being met from normal trading expenses. The amount is affordable, as it represents a tiny fraction of the Club’s turnover and will not impact any of the Club’s plans for investment in sites or club services. Many of the costs are in consumable items such as uniforms, signage and so on which need replacing on an ongoing basis in any case. We have delayed the launch of the sites directory and handbook (which will be distributed this month) for example to make sure that this has the new branding for all of its two year life and so there has been no extra costs incurred. We expect that the new brand will generate a higher profile and increased interest for the Club which will improve membership recruitment and retention and increase usage of club services so that the Club is even more successful in the future than it is now.

PhilHeller replied on 24/02/2017 11:24

Posted on 24/02/2017 11:18 by RochelleCC

Hi Dave,

The feedback was gathered from multiple surveys over the years, where members told us that they felt the Club was stuffy, old-fashioned and strict. With this rebrand we are hoping to change that image.

The cost has been planned and budgeted in advance. It is being met from normal trading expenses. The amount is affordable, as it represents a tiny fraction of the Club’s turnover and will not impact any of the Club’s plans for investment in sites or club services. Many of the costs are in consumable items such as uniforms, signage and so on which need replacing on an ongoing basis in any case. We have delayed the launch of the sites directory and handbook (which will be distributed this month) for example to make sure that this has the new branding for all of its two year life and so there has been no extra costs incurred. We expect that the new brand will generate a higher profile and increased interest for the Club which will improve membership recruitment and retention and increase usage of club services so that the Club is even more successful in the future than it is now.

Posted on 24/02/2017 11:24

How will a rebrand and name change alter the well founded image without actually making changes to reasons why the club(?) is seen as stuffy, old-fashioned and strict.

I have shown this to my sons and their families and they see nothing that would attract them to join.

Metheven replied on 24/02/2017 11:27

Posted on 24/02/2017 11:27

Cheers Rochelle smile

Right, can we move on now, lifes to short as there are holidays to be enjoyed by Caravanners and Motorhomers of which are now equal status, although in my eyes they were before.

Next week it will all be forgotten and we will be back to nit picking each others posts innocent

By the way, my family wouldn't join before or after, for some it's not their calling.

Oh and the Sites book has just been delivered with a spanking new logo tongue-out

paulmold replied on 24/02/2017 11:28

Posted on 24/02/2017 11:28

I see little point in this thread continuing. After over 1100 posts, I think the hierarchy should have got the message by now (if anyone there is actually reading the thread), that members aren't happy. Not that anything will make them return to the old name or logo.  Lets move on, the new season is upon us, lets get planning our trips and enjoy the pastime. (might be nice though to actually receive the new book, no sign of it here yet).

MichaelT replied on 24/02/2017 11:36

Posted on 24/02/2017 11:28 by paulmold

I see little point in this thread continuing. After over 1100 posts, I think the hierarchy should have got the message by now (if anyone there is actually reading the thread), that members aren't happy. Not that anything will make them return to the old name or logo.  Lets move on, the new season is upon us, lets get planning our trips and enjoy the pastime. (might be nice though to actually receive the new book, no sign of it here yet).

Posted on 24/02/2017 11:36

I totally agree with your first statement that there being little point in continuing this post.

However I disagree with your second as I am quite happy with the changes.

replied on 24/02/2017 11:41

Posted on 24/02/2017 11:41

Before even considering a re-brand of any kind the club should have made sure that it had 'all its ducks in a row'. 

First thing should have been to sort out communication with the membership which seems P poor. Even my Electricity supplier NPower does a better job. Not sure how good the communication is with CL owners ............ I have my doubts.

Sorting out the 10 week old  New website should have been done first as well. No doubt that will be sorted ..... soon(ish). Edited to add that I am not from Clwyd which no longer exists I am from Flintshire. Yes I have changed it umpteen times.

InspireSimplifyPioneer - and last but not least Inclusive .... Yeah right!!

huskydog replied on 24/02/2017 11:41

Posted on 24/02/2017 11:41

Right then, we can see this in different ways ,we can either throw our toys out the pram ,send our stickers back and act like a spoilt child who didn't get their way ,OR we can accept it ,move on and look to organise our holidays and look forward to adventures

I am going to do the latterlaughing

For those who are not aware ,but there are other clubs and sites out therewink

replied on 24/02/2017 11:43

Posted on 24/02/2017 11:43

I notice the club liking posts saying 'How nice to have an inclusive name'. I see little to address any complaints of members with reservations. Strange that isn't it??

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook