The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

rkj52 replied on 24/02/2017 07:41

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:02 by PhilH

Too much corporate bull yet again. Telling people to like it or leave is very negative and not at all useful to this discussion.

Posted on 24/02/2017 07:41

Its only fact, like it or not. The C&MC is no more a club than the RAC, just accept it.

Or perhaps tell me the last time the club did anything the 'members' wanted.

I like the CC&MC and will remain a member but only because I like their sites, not because I delude myself I am a 'member' of a club.

DJG replied on 24/02/2017 07:43

Posted on 24/02/2017 07:43

The Logo looks like the imprint of a American cattle branding iron!!

This new club started in 2017 NOT 1907

The fact that the Club spinning this rubbish says it all.

HQ must have lots of time on their hands to come up with this. There is already a whole department dedicated to colour coded pegs, signage, and petty rules.

David2115 replied on 24/02/2017 08:21

Posted on 24/02/2017 08:21

The usual people moaning on this site does not in anyway show that the rebranding is a bad decision, this is a tiny forum and is not representative of the membership, looking at the names of people shouting the loudest it is the same as those persistently commenting on, dogs, speed, arrival times, departure times, wardens, noise, ball games etc etc... someone mentioned in earlier post that members were encouraged to express their views, I wonder how many new posters have come on here to do so? Not many I suggest, 

in my view the rebranding is a good thing, it will attract some younger members who may have felt the Cc was out of date and not attractive to younger more dynamic people that are now buying motorhomes, branding as an outdoor lifestyle, walking, fishing cycling, golf etc is great and I think what people want. 

The Ovaltineys replied on 24/02/2017 08:24

Posted on 24/02/2017 08:24

At future NEC shows will the CC stand still be staffed by "men in suits and ties"  laughing

stillgrafting replied on 24/02/2017 08:30

Posted on 24/02/2017 08:30

sent my stickers back i joined the caravan club with over 100 years of history, i wasn't asked if i wanted to change the name of OUR club so feel very let down.

i suspect "the other club" are laughing and will gain disgruntled former members. 

Heethers replied on 24/02/2017 08:37

Posted on 24/02/2017 08:37

About logos, l worked for that good old company ICI until its breakup, they had the old logo changed at cost of a £1million back then The old logo was the roundel with ICI in the middle with wavy lines underneath,the wavy lines representing the rough crossing when ICI was formed. Guess what they did to change the logo, they straitened the wavy lines, it was supose to represent a smoother road a head took a lot of thinking about didn't it, may be that's why they had to demerge wasting the  shareholders money. Hope the same thing don't happen to our Club

replied on 24/02/2017 08:44

Posted on 24/02/2017 08:21 by David2115

The usual people moaning on this site does not in anyway show that the rebranding is a bad decision, this is a tiny forum and is not representative of the membership, looking at the names of people shouting the loudest it is the same as those persistently commenting on, dogs, speed, arrival times, departure times, wardens, noise, ball games etc etc... someone mentioned in earlier post that members were encouraged to express their views, I wonder how many new posters have come on here to do so? Not many I suggest, 

in my view the rebranding is a good thing, it will attract some younger members who may have felt the Cc was out of date and not attractive to younger more dynamic people that are now buying motorhomes, branding as an outdoor lifestyle, walking, fishing cycling, golf etc is great and I think what people want. 

Posted on 24/02/2017 08:44

What it does show is contempt for the membership by telling them nowt about this and many other factors that have a direct impact on them. Despite being asked a number of times on this thread set up by Rochelle on behalf of the management we have had no statement regarding the Mildenhall site. No word about the new AS that is already on the website. We were made to wait for the new handbook and map with the true reason why being concealed. 

Mushrooms see more light!!

replied on 24/02/2017 08:50

Posted on 24/02/2017 07:20 by peedee

And what was the significance of a red flag with a horse shoe in It? I see nothing in it linking to todays caravan owners or are the supposed to be preceded by a red flag while on the road as in the early days of Motoring!  wink

peedee

Posted on 24/02/2017 08:50

The significance of the red pennon is that it was first used in 1907 which in my mind makes it significant!

It has a proud history. Baby and bathwater come to mind

wulls replied on 24/02/2017 08:58

Posted on 24/02/2017 08:58

I will not be sticking the new poop coloured logo on my window I will retain the old one which was bright, smart well designed. And yes I think we should have been consulted on such a huge change.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook