The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

DJG replied on 24/02/2017 09:00

Posted on 24/02/2017 08:21 by David2115

The usual people moaning on this site does not in anyway show that the rebranding is a bad decision, this is a tiny forum and is not representative of the membership, looking at the names of people shouting the loudest it is the same as those persistently commenting on, dogs, speed, arrival times, departure times, wardens, noise, ball games etc etc... someone mentioned in earlier post that members were encouraged to express their views, I wonder how many new posters have come on here to do so? Not many I suggest, 

in my view the rebranding is a good thing, it will attract some younger members who may have felt the Cc was out of date and not attractive to younger more dynamic people that are now buying motorhomes, branding as an outdoor lifestyle, walking, fishing cycling, golf etc is great and I think what people want. 

Posted on 24/02/2017 09:00

If you think that a new name will attract younger members then you are well and truly spun. It's the petty rules on sites,which we all like so much, that keeps them away and in the C & CC.

JVB66 replied on 24/02/2017 09:04

Posted on 23/02/2017 23:18 by GodivaNige

The Club won't be at liberty to disclose financial information until such time as the current year accounts have been audited and released prior to the AGM

You can ask as often or as hard as you like, you will not get the figure you are requesting because quite simply, a; spending within the budget allocated for the rebrand has likely not yet been completed and b; within the Clubs code of conduct, it will be written that financial information is not available for public consumption until such time as the Club accountants have signed off the year end. Until such time, this information will be strictly confidential.

Posted on 24/02/2017 09:04

Do you own the company that the club employed to come up with this "re brand!" you seem to be the most vocal with protecting in amongst the very few who see anything positivewink

peedee replied on 24/02/2017 09:18

Posted on 24/02/2017 08:50 by

The significance of the red pennon is that it was first used in 1907 which in my mind makes it significant!

It has a proud history. Baby and bathwater come to mind

Posted on 24/02/2017 09:18

1. It is less significant than the new logo. At least the new logo conveys the Clubs initials. While the red flag is well known inside camping circles now, it will be but a distant memory in a year and the new one will become just as well known.

Peedee

percyvera replied on 24/02/2017 09:19

Posted on 24/02/2017 09:19

Let!s have an online survey and see how many members take part and disagree with the decision to change the logo. Maybe all those adverts in the magazine will pay for the rebranding, more every month!

Quasar524 replied on 24/02/2017 09:27

Posted on 24/02/2017 09:27

As a long time club member, formerly as a caravanner and recently as a motorhomer, I'm on the whole in favour of the name change, it is simply a formal recognition of what is happening - that an increasing proportion of members, new and continuing, are choosing to use motorhomes.

I'm not too concerned about the cost, undoubtedly there will be one, but on the whole the Club is run in a financially responsible way so I don't expect any significant impact on other areas. Whatever the cost turns out to be I doubt it will amount to more than a fraction of reserves.

What I do not like is the new logo, which looks more appropriate for a gas boiler maintenance busines than an "outdoor adventure" organisation.

And what I like even less is the downright glib and patronising language used to explain and justify the rebrand to the membership.

cyberyacht replied on 24/02/2017 09:27

Posted on 24/02/2017 09:27

One thing that has occurred to me is in this push to be more MH friendly is the fact that we are hearing that MHomers are always keen to 'wild camp', presumably embracing the 'adventure' and 'pioneer' aspect. Is this rebranding really going to attract the 'new breed' of campers? ISTM that the Club hasn't got anything that they want.

brue replied on 24/02/2017 09:33

Posted on 24/02/2017 00:25 by DavidKlyne

I would argue that cost is a secondary consideration. This statement no doubt will get howls of protest. People have to look at the situation in a more logical manner. The Club have decided that they could not maximise it's potential by staying the same so a decision was made to rebrand in order to move forward and to encourage a new segment of members to join the Club. There is a perception that motorhomers belong to a predominantly  older age group. Depending on what online groups you belong to/read you do start to discover that many owners of motorhomes are in fact much younger and often not Club members. It is this group that the Club want to attract because they will be the future of the Club. If you have decided this is a worthwhile mission and that it would be beneficial to the Club in the longer term then the cost has to be taken on the chin. It makes no difference whether it costs £10000 or a million. The important decision is the one on rebranding. Reading many of these posts I wonder if people never redecorate their homes, buy new carpets etc,etc. Of course we all do but we don't expect our relations to advise us against it on terms of costs?

As an aside I was at the NEC today and the new Club stand was very striking. However dotted around the show were still remnants of the old logo, for example where there was a Club offer on buying a new car so the examples were all on third part stands. It immediately struck me how old fashioned it looked compared to the new!!!

David

Posted on 24/02/2017 09:33

Good post David.

The important thing now is that the CMC improves their image, improves their IT standards and improves their communications generally.

Most important of all we need site improvements and expansion.

When all this has died down will all those who complain lobby the club for these things, attend meetings, etc? Or do they expect someone else to do it for them? If they do expect someone else to do the work they will have to accept in good faith that decisions like the new logo and brand will be made on their behalf.

BigSal replied on 24/02/2017 10:51

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:55 by bvmc

Very sad to see money has been wasted on a re-brand of the Caravan Club. Does anyone else think that the new logo is ugly?  

Posted on 24/02/2017 10:51

So I wonder when the title club will be removed? Our Club seems to be running more like a bussiness every year, maybe we should all become shareholders. Such a monumental change should have been voted on by all. So many changes so few discussions priority pitches for motor homes, when caravans cannot book particular pitches. Introduction of tents on many pitches which has brought its own problems and now a rebranding that will run into astronomical figures. Out of interest how many on the committee own motorhomes versus those that own caravans? I'm not impressed.

replied on 24/02/2017 11:01

Posted on 24/02/2017 11:01

The important thing now is that the CMC improves their image, improves their IT standards and improves their communications generally.

Most important of all we need site improvements and expansion.

And on a scale of one to ten how likely? Did it need a logo change to achieve that? 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook