The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

SurreySimon replied on 24/02/2017 00:26

Posted on 24/02/2017 00:26

Nigel, sadly you are right. It's no longer a Club for members but a business. What really upsets me is the waste of money, loss of identity and heritage, let alone a total disregard of members by the so called management. They really couldn't care less, just a bunch of typical corporate parasites! Sorry but I work with people like them and I really hoped our hobby wouldn't go in this direction... Thanks GranvillešŸ˜©

GodivaNige replied on 24/02/2017 00:29

Posted on 24/02/2017 00:21 by karenandbill

We are not customers!! We ARE the club. It is a member's club, not a business although it has to perform well, like any business. I am and never will be a customer.

Posted on 24/02/2017 00:29

You belong to a membership organisation. You don't own a share of the Club and have no rights to the profits the Club may realise. Your rights are limited to electing the Board members on an annual basis to represent the interest of the organisation.

'we ARE the club' 

no... you are a paid up member of a membership organisation. You have no rights as such to determine how the Club is run. You are limited to elect a Board to represent the interests of the organisation but that is as far as your rights as a paid up member extend

SurreySimon replied on 24/02/2017 00:33

Posted on 21/02/2017 09:04 by JVB66

So after 110 yrs our club? without ref to its members? has spent ,and will be spending in the future thousands of pounds of money that could be far better invested in sites to keep them open (Mildenhall now gone?)for an ego  trip to change the name of an Institution that is known world wideyell

Posted on 24/02/2017 00:33

Totally agree you couldn't have put this better. Totally disgusted, what a waste of money. Will the Club tell us how much it is costing? So much for the members I feel we are being treated with utter contempt.

SurreySimon replied on 24/02/2017 00:42

Posted on 24/02/2017 00:42

Oh really since when Rochelle??? Maybe you could call me to explain? 07931 368538. I am furious at this total disregard to members. We weren't consulted about this, the logo is awful and how much is it costing? No one seems to want to talk about this do they??? As a member for over 20 years (10334981) and my father from 1973 to 2014 I think I deserve some answers!

karenandbill replied on 24/02/2017 00:46

Posted on 24/02/2017 00:21 by karenandbill

We are not customers!! We ARE the club. It is a member's club, not a business although it has to perform well, like any business. I am and never will be a customer.

Posted on 24/02/2017 00:46

You know I meant that I am not and never will be a customer. 

Whereas the old title covered trailer caravans and motor caravans quite succinctly, will we see another rebranding soon to finally include trailer tents, which are accepted on club sites?? They are mentioned in the discussions but are not included in the new logo. When we are all driving  our small electric cars, this will be the only thing we can tow.

Cullimom replied on 24/02/2017 00:55

Posted on 24/02/2017 00:55

I am having difficulty reading all of the post I put on here and neither can I see your reply to my questions. Happy with 'an idiots' reply but as an IT literate background I would like to hear this is just a blip and just me. As.yoi have seen you have upset a number of members and it should have been predicted what the questions would be and have the answers 'on stock' as they say.

GodivaNige replied on 24/02/2017 01:05

Posted on 24/02/2017 01:05

"You know I meant that I am not and never will be a customer"

OK, as the Club doesn't have dividends and as it is operated as a not for profit organisation, technically you are not a customer. As stated above, you and I are paid up members of a membership organisation.

However, in real terms, whether you are buying a pint of milk from reception or settling your site fees on arrival, you are unofficially a customer. The difference being, the profit from your expenditure isn't lining the pockets of directors or shareholders.

There seems to be a misnomer that all members can vote on and dictate the running of the Club on a decision by decision basis, how it invests its profits and how the direction of the Club can be directly influenced. This is simply not the case. Only the Board or Committee  can propose and vote on the operations of the organisation. You have the right to elect the Committee and naturally, you can put yourselves forward to be elected to be on the Commitee and thus influence the running of the organisation. The rights of annual membership extend no further than this.

karenandbill replied on 24/02/2017 07:03

Posted on 24/02/2017 01:05 by GodivaNige

"You know I meant that I am not and never will be a customer"

OK, as the Club doesn't have dividends and as it is operated as a not for profit organisation, technically you are not a customer. As stated above, you and I are paid up members of a membership organisation.

However, in real terms, whether you are buying a pint of milk from reception or settling your site fees on arrival, you are unofficially a customer. The difference being, the profit from your expenditure isn't lining the pockets of directors or shareholders.

There seems to be a misnomer that all members can vote on and dictate the running of the Club on a decision by decision basis, how it invests its profits and how the direction of the Club can be directly influenced. This is simply not the case. Only the Board or Committee  can propose and vote on the operations of the organisation. You have the right to elect the Committee and naturally, you can put yourselves forward to be elected to be on the Commitee and thus influence the running of the organisation. The rights of annual membership extend no further than this.

Posted on 24/02/2017 07:03

Well that's us told. I never want or expected to have a say in how every little facet of running the club is handled but with due regard to the history and aims of the club I would have expected to be given prior notice of these changes and an opportunity to cast a vote or two. The new title is still not inclusive, nothing could be so why change? Getting pedantic about when I am a customer misses the point that I am a member of a member's club and not to be confused with the AA or similar. The club needs to remember what it is, and it's founding principles, not go off on an ego trip. And this website is still rubbish especially on an iPad or phone. The skip to the last comment doesn't work so takes a lot of effort to follow a thread.

peedee replied on 24/02/2017 07:20

Posted on 23/02/2017 22:32 by

Glad you understand the sentiment behind the Logo. Can you explain it to us all? I watched the video but could not see any relevance at all

Posted on 24/02/2017 07:20

And what was the significance of a red flag with a horse shoe in It? I see nothing in it linking to todays caravan owners or are the supposed to be preceded by a red flag while on the road as in the early days of Motoring!  wink

peedee

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook