The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

replied on 23/02/2017 21:47

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:17 by The Ovaltineys

Exactly EasyT,  you only realise after retiremen,t that you don't need as much money as you did before to have a similar lifestyle.

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:47

I didn't spend all my income then, and paid off my mortgage just before I was 40 and hence - no worriessmile

When I retired at 55 people were saying to me 'can you afford to retire' my response was along the lines that I could not afford not too. Folk were surprised that I retired then because it was on the cards that within 2 years or so I would likely get a redundancy package. I also had the opportunity to work half time and still receive my pension. My freedom was more important. For a long time (over 15 years at least) I had often worked long hours and would not take payment at time and a half. Instead if they wanted me to carry out projects to tight deadlines I insisted on having my time back in lieu at single time. (not greedy). That meant that I usually had at least 12 weeks off a year to caravan or fly abroad. 18 months after I retired I was invited back to work as a consultant but declined as I doubted that they would have been happy for me to say I will only work start of November until end of February with two weeks off at Christmas. laughing

replied on 23/02/2017 21:52

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:46 by Blackdeath

No, you didn't join a club for Caravaners. You joined a club to which those of us with motorhomes have equal access. Your attitude is one of the reasons why the club has to change. 

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:52

I think that post is very much a minority view. Generally I have no bother who is alongside. I think if it were Jolly Kernow with his enormous, but lovely, fifth wheel I would prefer to be pitched on his southerly side to get some sun 

ron530 replied on 23/02/2017 21:55

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:55

When looking for a CL the familiar pennant sign was instantly recognisable. Now I won't know if it's a CL or a Walls ice cream shop.

sailorgirl2 replied on 23/02/2017 22:04

Posted on 23/02/2017 12:24 by cyberyacht

Whilst your comments have some limited validity, they do not address the primary concern of many posting on this thread. Money is being wasted on an "ego" project that would be better spent in providing much needed additional sites and pitches.

No amount of flowery 'mission statements' and PR waffle will assuage that concern.

Posted on 23/02/2017 22:04

Cyberyacht,

You are correct in your comments regarding the changes. I  think that most members of this special CLUB, are  happy to accept change as a way forward and modernising but it is the way it  was sneaked in without members having the opportunity to give their opinion that has caused the backlash..As for feedback it would appear nobody seems to have been given the opportunity to give any and yet we have had to accept these expensive changes when there are many areas that need addressing as others on here have mentioned.

Is it any wonder that there has been  such a response on here , when the news  was leaked on an internet website when even paying  members had not been informed.    Bad policy ......

The sad thing is we will all have to pay for these expensive changes by increases in membership fees and site fees.

It would appear  to me that this CLUB  is no longer for members but for the few who seek notoriety for themselves and the" Aren't  I good brigade.".It will be interesting to see  how the rate of membership will be maintained by the Club for which it was designed or will end up predominantly by Motorhomers.I personally have no issues with who is a member of the CLUB  as long as we are all treated as members and given equal membership......SG

Tinwheeler replied on 23/02/2017 22:17

Posted on 23/02/2017 22:17

......but we are equal and what difference does it make if our caravans are trailer or motorised? Many of us have used/still use both.

We empower the elected officers of the Club to run it and make decisions on our behalf. As I see it, making changes is within their remit without the need to consult membership.

With regards to being given the opportunity for feedback, isn't that exactly what's going on here?

DXVAL88 replied on 23/02/2017 22:21

Posted on 23/02/2017 22:21

Well done!

Great to see the club moving with the times and responding to the changing membership. 

As caravanners and now motorhomers we are looking forward to the continuing benefits of the club. 

Love the new logo and the sentiment behind it. The rebranding can only have a positive effect for the future of the club in a competitive marketplace. 

miah replied on 23/02/2017 22:25

Posted on 23/02/2017 22:25

Shame the instantly recognisable bright logo has gone for some dull brown squiggles.

replied on 23/02/2017 22:32

Posted on 23/02/2017 22:21 by DXVAL88

Well done!

Great to see the club moving with the times and responding to the changing membership. 

As caravanners and now motorhomers we are looking forward to the continuing benefits of the club. 

Love the new logo and the sentiment behind it. The rebranding can only have a positive effect for the future of the club in a competitive marketplace. 

Posted on 23/02/2017 22:32

Glad you understand the sentiment behind the Logo. Can you explain it to us all? I watched the video but could not see any relevance at all

Bobfarnes replied on 23/02/2017 22:36

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40 by RochelleCC

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

Posted on 23/02/2017 22:36

This has to be one of the ugliest logos ever created. It is infantile. Was it designed by a 5 year old? Shocking!

lowsas replied on 23/02/2017 22:54

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:21 by trevtows

Kind of annoyed that any negativity directed towards this re-branding exercise is being directed here. There's obviously a huge strength of feeling amongst our members about the approach, any push back being met with meaningless corporate type strap line responses.

Is anyone else miffed at the new logo and branding without consulting the paying members? I'm a new younger member and really loved the original logo and colours. Also unique selling point of the caravan club is its heritage and tradition embodied in the original logo.

Reminds me of when British Airways painted the aircraft tail wings with gaudy modern artwork. Big mistake I suggest...

Posted on 23/02/2017 22:54

Good reply, glad to see a younger member who understands the concerns of what appears to be a large section of the membership. 

ROCHELLE can you please respond to the many requests from the members to advise us what the financial outlay of the rebranding exercise is to allow us to relax and say well done or otherwise have a hissyfit

At present you are cherry picking the posts you are replying to without giving the  reqesting members what they would like to know

I f you are unable to respond, could you please pass this query to the Board for an informed response. I appreciate you are the link person between website feedback and the decision makers

Thanks

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook