The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

replied on 23/02/2017 20:37

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:37

Sometimes re-branding is an inspired forward move but more often than not it is the result of a desperate marketing director trying to extend his time in post. It usually buys them a year to eighteen months before they move on, albeit at some considerable trauma to the company or organisation they have re-branded
I suspect the latter. This is a pity as the CC by its nature has always been an organic, evolutionary organisation. Perhaps this should have been reflected in the logo, yes have a new forward looking design but with a nod to the history of the club.

"Since 1907" is that Jeep or Budweiser?
BTW Some of us remember the members vote when motorhomes were welcomed into the club. 

Dijit replied on 23/02/2017 20:42

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:55 by bvmc

Very sad to see money has been wasted on a re-brand of the Caravan Club. Does anyone else think that the new logo is ugly?  

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:42

I completely agree that this is an absolute waste of a lot of money. Also every member has been sent a letter to announce this change. How much has this cost. This change of name was not required. If its not broken don't mend it. In fact the money would have been better spent training some Wardens not to be little Hitlers.

replied on 23/02/2017 20:42

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:32 by Sams son

1. If you believe ~"Government figures" you are very gullible.

2. How can a pension ever be better than a wage?  Since pensions are made up of an accumulation of payments over many years it is most illogical to suggest pensioners are "better off". Admittedly we have paid off our mortgages and might even have had a lump sum to compensate for the loss of earnings resulting from an imposed early retirement but just to give an example, my son and his wife who re only early thirties are earning far more than we did at their age and much, much more than we both receive in our "company" pensions and my state pension....and since the Govt have cheated my wife out of a state pension for another 6 years we don't even have that enviable source of largesse.  But we both served the public for all of our working lives, both incurring stress related or other illness/injuries and neither ever claimed unemployment benefits.  This stupid talk of pensioners being wealthy, maybe because they have downsized, is divisive at every level....and especially in THIS CLUB!

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:42

I am personally £12,000 a year worse off since I retired. OK no OAP yet. When I get my OAP I will only be around £7,000 worse off. My pension is around £16K and I am not complaining.

The Ovaltineys replied on 23/02/2017 20:43

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:43

If you showed the new logo to a thousand people how many would guess it related to campsites?

Sams son replied on 23/02/2017 20:43

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:18 by Mr H

I think if you want younger members then consider changing the outside toilet situation. Almost all caravans have bathrooms so why not provide pitches that include soil waste along with running water. Just looked at the new catalogue and it still does not seem to have a fully serviced site motif. 

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:43

Can't believe you think this is feasible. A whole new sewage system for EVERY pitch on EVERY site?  Don't you think Club prices are high enough?   Why do you think they now put wheels on porta-potti tanks?

Too much trouble  ?     Although, on second thoughts it could be a good idea, then those of us who find the filthy way some people leave the loos in the toilet blocks so disgusting might be able to avoid the confrontation. 

The Ovaltineys replied on 23/02/2017 20:46

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:42 by

I am personally £12,000 a year worse off since I retired. OK no OAP yet. When I get my OAP I will only be around £7,000 worse off. 

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:46

EasyT,  the only important question is has the lack of funds impacted on the enjoyment of your retirement?

JVB66 replied on 23/02/2017 20:47

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:32 by Sams son

1. If you believe ~"Government figures" you are very gullible.

2. How can a pension ever be better than a wage?  Since pensions are made up of an accumulation of payments over many years it is most illogical to suggest pensioners are "better off". Admittedly we have paid off our mortgages and might even have had a lump sum to compensate for the loss of earnings resulting from an imposed early retirement but just to give an example, my son and his wife who re only early thirties are earning far more than we did at their age and much, much more than we both receive in our "company" pensions and my state pension....and since the Govt have cheated my wife out of a state pension for another 6 years we don't even have that enviable source of largesse.  But we both served the public for all of our working lives, both incurring stress related or other illness/injuries and neither ever claimed unemployment benefits.  This stupid talk of pensioners being wealthy, maybe because they have downsized, is divisive at every level....and especially in THIS CLUB!

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:47

Please note the smileywink

replied on 23/02/2017 20:53

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:43 by Sams son

Can't believe you think this is feasible. A whole new sewage system for EVERY pitch on EVERY site?  Don't you think Club prices are high enough?   Why do you think they now put wheels on porta-potti tanks?

Too much trouble  ?     Although, on second thoughts it could be a good idea, then those of us who find the filthy way some people leave the loos in the toilet blocks so disgusting might be able to avoid the confrontation. 

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:53

Of course it is feasible. Cannot expect younger people to manage emptying loos. Us old farts are used to it and can ignore our old arthritic spines and gammy hips with ease. Cannot expect the younger folk to manage as it would be unfair. As for the provision; never mind the fact that most sites have areas of pitches where the sewage would have to either run up hill or have too little fall we can always take the odd pitch or two out and provide underground pumping stations. 

replied on 23/02/2017 21:03

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:46 by The Ovaltineys

EasyT,  the only important question is has the lack of funds impacted on the enjoyment of your retirement?

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:03

Not in the slightest Ovaltiney. I am away 120 nights of the year (mainly on CC sites) and no worries at all. 

joona replied on 23/02/2017 21:09

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:55 by bvmc

Very sad to see money has been wasted on a re-brand of the Caravan Club. Does anyone else think that the new logo is ugly?  

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:09

yes worst one they could have come up with over 100 years and that's the best a committee can do take another look at the old one .

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook