The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

Mr H replied on 23/02/2017 21:13

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:43 by Sams son

Can't believe you think this is feasible. A whole new sewage system for EVERY pitch on EVERY site?  Don't you think Club prices are high enough?   Why do you think they now put wheels on porta-potti tanks?

Too much trouble  ?     Although, on second thoughts it could be a good idea, then those of us who find the filthy way some people leave the loos in the toilet blocks so disgusting might be able to avoid the confrontation. 

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:13

Over 20 years ago I toured California with a motor caravan and every pitch had full serviced including sewage connections. It took about two minutes to hook everything up. If you look at the economics how many kilometres of pipe work could be installed for the cost of a toilet block. Not to mention the cleaning costs. Young people today do not want deal with waste.  

The Ovaltineys replied on 23/02/2017 21:17

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:03 by

Not in the slightest Ovaltiney. I am away 120 nights of the year (mainly on CC sites) and no worries at all. 

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:17

Exactly EasyT,  you only realise after retiremen,t that you don't need as much money as you did before to have a similar lifestyle.

Bakers2 replied on 23/02/2017 21:18

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:18

Just read Nick Lomas welcome in the new site book - keeping up reflecting changes in our vehicles and how we use etc etc then

"we are moving with the times in terms of the ways you can interact with us. Technology is ever more important to us, that's why we launched our UK Sites app, which allows you to find and book sites on the go."

We'll if this website shows how important technology is to the Club then we're all on our way to he'll in a handcart 😉. Saints preserve us.

trevtows replied on 23/02/2017 21:21

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:21

Kind of annoyed that any negativity directed towards this re-branding exercise is being directed here. There's obviously a huge strength of feeling amongst our members about the approach, any push back being met with meaningless corporate type strap line responses.

Is anyone else miffed at the new logo and branding without consulting the paying members? I'm a new younger member and really loved the original logo and colours. Also unique selling point of the caravan club is its heritage and tradition embodied in the original logo.

Reminds me of when British Airways painted the aircraft tail wings with gaudy modern artwork. Big mistake I suggest...

sailorgirl2 replied on 23/02/2017 21:28

Posted on 22/02/2017 13:09 by Surfer

We dislike stickers on any of our vehicles and definitely not on the caravan so straight into the recycling bin.

By the way how does having a sticker on a vehicle make your experience on a CC site any better??????

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:28

Maybe we all send the horrible stickers back to Head Office and let them see how we dislike them.......

replied on 23/02/2017 21:31

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:13 by Mr H

Over 20 years ago I toured California with a motor caravan and every pitch had full serviced including sewage connections. It took about two minutes to hook everything up. If you look at the economics how many kilometres of pipe work could be installed for the cost of a toilet block. Not to mention the cleaning costs. Young people today do not want deal with waste.  

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:31

Many RV users do not regularly use RV parks but tend to use Campsites as these do not generally have hook ups for grey waste and black waste and are far cheaper. On the RV parks there are often long term users that live full time and work. Not many young families with children. Cheaper ones are around £25 a night but £40 to £50 is not that uncommon and some of the fancier ones go up to as much as £80. I wonder why you don't see much families using them for recreation very often? 

Info from a friend over there in California

replied on 23/02/2017 21:32

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:28 by sailorgirl2

Maybe we all send the horrible stickers back to Head Office and let them see how we dislike them.......

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:32

Can't do that as it was bin collection today

Bakers2 replied on 23/02/2017 21:32

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:21 by trevtows

Kind of annoyed that any negativity directed towards this re-branding exercise is being directed here. There's obviously a huge strength of feeling amongst our members about the approach, any push back being met with meaningless corporate type strap line responses.

Is anyone else miffed at the new logo and branding without consulting the paying members? I'm a new younger member and really loved the original logo and colours. Also unique selling point of the caravan club is its heritage and tradition embodied in the original logo.

Reminds me of when British Airways painted the aircraft tail wings with gaudy modern artwork. Big mistake I suggest...

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:32

To a certain extent this concentrates all the posts into one place and thus shows very easily, to those who choose to read, just what depth of feeling is. It would appear that we can comment critic or praise as much as we like but NO NOTICE will be taken or no courtesy to offer explanations on the most raised matter of consultation and cost.

Almost like being back at work - why would you in the front line know what's best when we who are remote KNOW  how to deal with issues without your input. Does anyone recognise that?

sailorgirl2 replied on 23/02/2017 21:41

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:34 by GodivaNige

Not just copyright, if a commercial enterprise wants to use images with recognisable faces, a model release needs to be obtained.

Take a look at the images on the C&CC website, there is a model release for each and every one of those adults and children featured. 

Not simple to obtain lifestyle images like this, nor cheap, but they are extremely effective. Far more effective than a generic view of a bunch of white boxes in a field

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:41

Posting photos???? you got to be able to have a site that accepts photos easaily for the majority first,,, look at the issues experienced by many trying to include photo's on here  it is a joke.. SG.....

Blackdeath replied on 23/02/2017 21:46

Posted on 22/02/2017 21:27 by Smilealot

Sorry to see we are no longer members of The Caravan Club. They have decided it is also a club for motorhomes. Each to their own but I have had a few stays totally spoilt after happily setting up amongst fellow caravaners only to go out for a day and return to find a huge, tall motorhome alongside, blocking any view from side window etc. I might as well holiday in a motorway service area! Some are really large and almost too long for the pitches. Please can we now have separate areas on site so they don't tower over and dwarf our little caravans? On one site on the south coast, there were a few coach sized homes with hippy sycadelic painting all over them and the pullout awning reached the next pitch. Might as well have articulated lorries on site. If we are to get along, it would be nice if they parked thoughtfully and the Club reconsiders the layouts on site. We joined a club for caravaners, they have moved the goalpost. I understand they want to cash in on the motorhome population but it should never be to the cost of the original members and loyal supporters. Please make proper space for these tall vehicles. Thank you.

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:46

No, you didn't join a club for Caravaners. You joined a club to which those of us with motorhomes have equal access. Your attitude is one of the reasons why the club has to change. 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook