The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

Wildwood replied on 23/02/2017 20:21

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:21

The same club, no better, no worse, except it now has a silly logo that looks like some used by car makers. and is totally meaningless.

Riba replied on 23/02/2017 20:24

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:24

It seems like a phenomenal amount of money has been spent trying to entice young families and bright young outdoor types.

I wonder what will happen when they find out the WiFi doesn't work or they wake up at Clumber or Ferry Meadows to find someone's stolen all their mountain bikes undecided

Takethedogalong replied on 23/02/2017 20:28

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:28

In reply to Mr H:

Forgive me, but when I was a younger member, things like carrying a bit of water and emptying the loo were part of the caravanning adventure, and it added to keeping us fit! Even 35 years on, we can still manage to do this basic task. Whilst I appreciate that having some serviced pitches enables those who are less fit and able to carry on touring, turning every Club site into something akin to a touring care home, may not be the way forward to attract youthful new members! By all means have some serviced pitches, but please don't inflict them and the inflated price onto everyone! 

peedee replied on 23/02/2017 20:31

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:31

Well some do seem to have a problem understanding it and would like Rome to be built in a day.

Peedee

Sams son replied on 23/02/2017 20:32

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:02 by JVB66

According to latest Gov figures pensioners are better of finacialy than other areas of the population as can be seen also by the proliferation of the very expensive Motor Caravans now on the roadscool

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:32

1. If you believe ~"Government figures" you are very gullible.

2. How can a pension ever be better than a wage?  Since pensions are made up of an accumulation of payments over many years it is most illogical to suggest pensioners are "better off". Admittedly we have paid off our mortgages and might even have had a lump sum to compensate for the loss of earnings resulting from an imposed early retirement but just to give an example, my son and his wife who re only early thirties are earning far more than we did at their age and much, much more than we both receive in our "company" pensions and my state pension....and since the Govt have cheated my wife out of a state pension for another 6 years we don't even have that enviable source of largesse.  But we both served the public for all of our working lives, both incurring stress related or other illness/injuries and neither ever claimed unemployment benefits.  This stupid talk of pensioners being wealthy, maybe because they have downsized, is divisive at every level....and especially in THIS CLUB!

replied on 23/02/2017 20:33

Posted on 21/02/2017 12:08 by birderbilly

Re-branding or not if the Club is in any way serious about attracting a new generation of "explorers" it needs to make it's services more available and sensibly priced for working families with kids.  Having to leave a site at noon on a Sunday and jacking up the prices at the mearest whiff of a bank holiday or school holiday hardly helps.

Posted on 23/02/2017 20:33

I think that club prices at peak time for families are reasonably competitive from what I can see. I often see folk leaving site on Sunday outside school hols later than 12 O'clock. Often 2pm and sometimes 4 pm. It depends how booked up a site is for the sunday.

When my wife and I had two children we would usually pay for the Sunday night (usually a pitch and one adult) and leave much later or often first thing Monday morning. I would not book the Sunday probably until Sunday morning having initially booked Friday/Saturday. We were able to pull off for 6pm on a Friday. 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook