The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

Navigateur replied on 23/02/2017 19:20

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:20

In the cut and thrust of the real world marketing out there many brands have been repositioned and designs changed - but the successful companies always did it slowly, a bit at a time. A classic example has been cigarette packet appearance (before Government intervention) where brand identity was seen as essential for repeat purchases. Some of the changes were quite huge but always done slowly over time. Slight changes to font, colouring, shape and even size being repeated over a couple of years.

The sudden change in logo will leave many non-members confused by the sudden appearance at many locations of woodland burial sites.

The Ovaltineys replied on 23/02/2017 19:20

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:20

Bugs,   Do I see a need to rejoin the Club? if so it would only be to use the CLs again, I cannot see me ever using white peg sites again.

IMO those who can generally only get away at weekends will only stay on sites that allow late departures ( even at a cost), What is the point of arriving at say 8.00pm on Friday and having to leave by 12.00pm on Sunday. Most would think it is not worth the effort involved. 

Changing the name and logo will not on its own attract the younger generation whatever waffle the CC spout.

Bugs replied on 23/02/2017 19:26

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:20 by The Ovaltineys

Do I see a need to rejoin the Club? if so it would only be to use the CLs again, I cannot see me ever using white peg sites again.

IMO those who can generally only get away at weekends will only stay on sites that allow late departures ( even at a cost), What is the point of arriving at say 8.00pm on Friday and having to leave by 12.00pm on Sunday. Most would think it is not worth the effort involved. 

Changing the name and logo will not on its own attract the younger generation whatever waffle the CC spout.

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:26

So if there is so much you don't like about our Club, and (it seems) there is little chance of you rejoining, why are you spending so much time here basically complaining about something which doesn't affect you personally at all?

That's the bit I don't get?

Cheers

Bugs

DRAGJOHN replied on 23/02/2017 19:27

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:27

Strange how all the discussions about this fiasco appear to be locked. Clearly the club management don't want comment. How surprising. How much is this all costing? My private discussions with members suggest that it is just a huge waste of money designed to boost the ego of a few staff at East Grinstead. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Money would be better spent on site improvement. Presumably we are now going to see signs changed, uniforms changed, stationery changed. What about the toilet rolls?

Tinwheeler replied on 23/02/2017 19:29

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:20 by The Ovaltineys

Bugs,   Do I see a need to rejoin the Club? if so it would only be to use the CLs again, I cannot see me ever using white peg sites again.

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:29

Perhaps we can look forward to another picture of you on a CL with your arm around a blonde.......retriever, that is. cool

Club sites do allow late departures, whatever the day of the week, as you well know. If all else fails, pay for the extra night. Here endeth Sunday Departures#2.

peedee replied on 23/02/2017 19:30

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:57 by Junezhubby

Maybe the club is pre empting what it can see starting to happen. Maybe it can see the cc&c growing it's membership while their's shrinks.

Maybe it can see the licence changes affecting the caravan/ motorhome balance. The future for the club is not guaranteed by staying the same. Like the whole holiday industry as already mentioned is changing. The Internet has made it as easy to organise a trip to Cambodia as easy as a trip to Cornwall. 

Maybe they can't give all the answers because they don't have them yet. They have admitted as much but they know they have to get young people into a lifestyle that can be expensive to set up. 

Maybe a bit of support would be better than negativity. 

Yes it means big changes but it could well be adapt or slowly die a lingering death.

To be honest I'm a member of both clubs, & believe most people are, this clubs  sites are generally better and I prefer not being allocated a particular pitch. Also the pricing is easier not changing every week depending on how well it's selling.  

So maybe a better image does work despite all the contrary views on here.

Let's all enjoy the journey and embrace the changes. Maybe we're getting a communal firepit on sites soon laughing

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:30

Good post, sorry cannot edit out some of the above or cut and paste on this tablet but in your first para there is no maybe about it. It is fact CMC membership is stagnating while the C&CC is increasing. The C&CC is also more profitable.

pèedee

The Ovaltineys replied on 23/02/2017 19:32

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:26 by Bugs

So if there is so much you don't like about our Club, and (it seems) there is little chance of you rejoining, why are you spending so much time here basically complaining about something which doesn't affect you personally at all?

That's the bit I don't get?

Cheers

Bugs

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:32

One thing I will give the CC credit for is that the forum ( with all its problems ) is far livelier than the CCC,

Can you suggest any other forums?  laughing

Tinwheeler replied on 23/02/2017 19:33

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:27 by DRAGJOHN

Strange how all the discussions about this fiasco appear to be locked. Clearly the club management don't want comment. How surprising. How much is this all costing? My private discussions with members suggest that it is just a huge waste of money designed to boost the ego of a few staff at East Grinstead. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Money would be better spent on site improvement. Presumably we are now going to see signs changed, uniforms changed, stationery changed. What about the toilet rolls?

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:33

Perhaps you don't appreciate the need to keep a forum orderly, DJ. There is plenty of scope for posters to let off steam in the existing threads without having this hideous negativity duplicated in thread after thread across the board.

Tinwheeler replied on 23/02/2017 19:34

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:32 by The Ovaltineys

One thing I will give the CC credit for is that the forum ( with all its problems ) is far livelier than the CCC,

Can you suggest any other forums?  laughing

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:34

Let me think.....

Bugs replied on 23/02/2017 19:35

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:27 by DRAGJOHN

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:35

Hi Dragjohn

From the beginning, the Community Manager asked that posts about the Club's announcement were kept to the two discussions which she opened - otherwise there would be duplicate discussions all over the forum.

So nothing sinister about duplicate discussions being closed, its just to maintain some sort of order in line with the Community Guidelines.

Cheers

Bugs

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook