The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

JVB66 replied on 23/02/2017 17:33

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:33

When at the show yesterday,it was obviose that there was quite a lot of "we cannot answer that" as the question asked had not been scripted?

I asked if the one of the reasons that the younger families are taking to tents,is because modern houses have space for a trailer and all the  modern kit that makes tent camping much more acceptable, and with a normal small family car,  the set up and running costs of other types of camping is that much higher, A  unable to answer that?

Q   Is the reason more sites are now accepting tents and installing "Pods,because of the trend for camping?

A It is a growing market we need to tap into 

So I would think the increase in c&cc membership is the upsurge in younger families camping in tents

Next "re brand" will be CMCC to let tenters become full menbers

GodivaNige replied on 23/02/2017 17:34

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:24 by Metheven

The members could donate some photo's, oh wait I think this has been poo poo'd before, something to do with copyright innocent

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:34

Not just copyright, if a commercial enterprise wants to use images with recognisable faces, a model release needs to be obtained.

Take a look at the images on the C&CC website, there is a model release for each and every one of those adults and children featured. 

Not simple to obtain lifestyle images like this, nor cheap, but they are extremely effective. Far more effective than a generic view of a bunch of white boxes in a field

replied on 23/02/2017 17:38

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:38

Rebranding always wastes money, old stationery - out, liveries on all sorts of articles- changed and what for? We've always known that the Caravan Club was for motorhomes too, didn't we?

For me it will always be the Caravan Club, whatever you decide to change it to, I'm sure that the majority of Members will also. Apart from anything else, it's a mouthful - The Caravan and Motorhome Club - doesn't exactly trip off of the tongue.

Most of all, I am peeved that the membership wasn't consulted BEFORE the changes were made. The questions that were recently asked had no reference in them about name changes! Did the people responsible for this not stop for one moment and consider the long history that the Membership prize and the fact that the previous name stated quite unequivocally that we are THE Caravan Club.

GodivaNige replied on 23/02/2017 17:50

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:38 by

Rebranding always wastes money, old stationery - out, liveries on all sorts of articles- changed and what for? We've always known that the Caravan Club was for motorhomes too, didn't we?

For me it will always be the Caravan Club, whatever you decide to change it to, I'm sure that the majority of Members will also. Apart from anything else, it's a mouthful - The Caravan and Motorhome Club - doesn't exactly trip off of the tongue.

Most of all, I am peeved that the membership wasn't consulted BEFORE the changes were made. The questions that were recently asked had no reference in them about name changes! Did the people responsible for this not stop for one moment and consider the long history that the Membership prize and the fact that the previous name stated quite unequivocally that we are THE Caravan Club.

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:50

• Do you not get that the Club needed to revive and modernise it's image, become more inclusive and attract the increasing leisure vehicle ownership to its doors? Whilst you and many many others posting here may have liked things just so, this approach was doing nothing for the future of the Club. My only concern is that the Club should have done this sooner, but it's better late than never.

PSK9 replied on 23/02/2017 17:53

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:53

Great News!

Owning a Motorhome,  I now feel more of a member than before.

My only wish was that this great club would learn from the other well known club and offer discounts to the over 60s.

Pensioners are poorer but do have more leisure time.

Please consider this.

JVB66 replied on 23/02/2017 18:02

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:53 by PSK9

Great News!

Owning a Motorhome,  I now feel more of a member than before.

My only wish was that this great club would learn from the other well known club and offer discounts to the over 60s.

Pensioners are poorer but do have more leisure time.

Please consider this.

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:02

According to latest Gov figures pensioners are better of finacialy than other areas of the population as can be seen also by the proliferation of the very expensive Motor Caravans now on the roadscool

percyvera replied on 23/02/2017 18:02

I think the fact that the number of comments made in the last few days, now at 1045, proves how controversial the new branding is. Surely the money it will cost for re-branding could have been better spent. If it had been put to a vote with the costing no doubt a huge number of members would have rejected it. I do not recall being asked for any feedback but then there are so many adverts in the magazine it usually goes in the recycling without being read. 

replied on 23/02/2017 18:02

Long overdue. Time it moved on to reflect todays market. Too many people stuck in their old ways not liking change. About time there was a new branding. Well done to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

GodivaNige replied on 23/02/2017 18:04

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:02 by JVB66

According to latest Gov figures pensioners are better of finacialy than other areas of the population as can be seen also by the proliferation of the very expensive Motor Caravans now on the roadscool

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:04

and free to cash in their pensions too wink

GodivaNige replied on 23/02/2017 18:05

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:02 by percyvera

I think the fact that the number of comments made in the last few days, now at 1045, proves how controversial the new branding is. Surely the money it will cost for re-branding could have been better spent. If it had been put to a vote with the costing no doubt a huge number of members would have rejected it. I do not recall being asked for any feedback but then there are so many adverts in the magazine it usually goes in the recycling without being read. 

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:05

Speculate to accumulate

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook