The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

brue replied on 23/02/2017 16:53

Posted on 23/02/2017 16:53

The club needs to throw out it's old stock of site photos and get some decent new ones. The latest sites directory still has old, out of date photos and some of the sites don't look inviting at all. There is one of Treamble Valley that just looks a mass of vans and another very old one of Hillhead with vans on pitches now used by tents....and more. frown

paulmold replied on 23/02/2017 16:55

Posted on 23/02/2017 16:13 by Julie Sewell

What a lot of marketing waffle - does anyone know how much this re brand will cost??  I have a young family and a caravan I am constantly frustrated that the caravan club wifi never works and the booking web site only works on a laptop and not a tablet.  

Maybe investing in the essentials on sites might draw in the younger folk.  

If the club truly want to embrace more people to enjoy the outdoors - perhaps we should have included the campers and let the tents in we could have renamed ourselves the caravan and camping.....Oops !!!!

Posted on 23/02/2017 16:55

There are already 29 club sites that accept tents, perhaps that number will increase without another rebranding.

Gabsgrandad replied on 23/02/2017 17:01

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:01

Quote - "As a motor caravan is now known as a motor home why can't a caravan be called a mobile home to reflect the new modern and use of the term?"

Cos I'm a caravanner and have been for forty years.I was a caravanner when I started and still am. My money has changed  a bit in that time (Couldn't alter that either!),  but I suspect the Caravan Club  wink will continue wasting it and spending it on irrelevant name making projects. Who is credited with it Grenville?  --  Or was it a "committee?" that Colin Crompton would have been proud of?

GTP replied on 23/02/2017 17:02

Posted on 23/02/2017 15:10 by Extugger

Just want to mention, in a very quiet whisper........the signage on the site is incorrect.....

It says: (Logo) Caravan and Motorhome Club, since 1907....

I thought it was Tuesday, February 22nd, 2017 ?? wink

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:02

I picked up on that...although not around in 1907....I'm confident in saying motorhomes did not exist in 1907....could this lead to a legal challenge.?

PhilH replied on 23/02/2017 17:02

Posted on 23/02/2017 15:34 by rkj52

I am not sure what all the comments are on here as Phil H is right, the so called club is no more that than by name and has not been a club for years.  It is a profit making organisation who has multi income streams, including sites, insurance, campsite guides, travel agency etc etc. Lets just use the correct terminology, the Director General is the CEO abd for surplus read profit on which they pay tax. They make investments (good or bad), such as the acquisition of Alan Rogers, and this yesr they have chosen to rebrand the organisation as you would expect from any marketing led CEO.

If one is willing to pay £49 a year to be allowed the right to book exclusive sites, and have a nightly discount on others, then pay up, if not just walk away from the so called membership. Just to not kid yourselves that the board of directors will listen to you any more than the board of a large national company would listen to you. They are growing the company and improving profits year on year, so they must be right and who can argue with that.

As I said before, it is a profit driven organisation so do not waste your time or patience in trying to change it. Like it stay, if you don't like it go.

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:02

Too much corporate bull yet again. Telling people to like it or leave is very negative and not at all useful to this discussion.

GodivaNige replied on 23/02/2017 17:04

Posted on 23/02/2017 16:53 by brue

The club needs to throw out it's old stock of site photos and get some decent new ones. The latest sites directory still has old, out of date photos and some of the sites don't look inviting at all. There is one of Treamble Valley that just looks a mass of vans and another very old one of Hillhead with vans on pitches now used by tents....and more. frown

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:04

Completely agree, if you take a look at the C&CC website and publications, there are images galore of families interacting, pursuing leisure activities, children playing etc The images have a completely different feel to them. Any young family ditching the package holiday in favour of a caravan purchase to partake in the ever increasing staycation trend, are going to look at this material and make the obvious choice in which club to join.

New photos needed, my rates are very favourable wink

janhsmn replied on 23/02/2017 17:05

Posted on 23/02/2017 16:44 by JayEss

Is that a serious response?  They aren't promising much are they?  It's also rather patronising 

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:05

I am glad it's not just me that through it was bordering on rude.  Let's face it there are to be no site or website improvements which is what is really needed.  I have been with the caravan club on and off across 45 years. We use it for the same reason my parents did, the pitches are well spaced, the facilities are reasonable and it's not full of clubhouses etc.  But the method of booking is appalling, and if you work and can't arrive on site until 6pm you have no chance of getting a decent pitch.  And to be honest in this day and age I would expect wifi at a much better price than offered. 

Takethedogalong replied on 23/02/2017 17:14

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:14

Well, 24 hours from the Club's very own go at Brexit, and one has been taking stock.

Did I feel the earth move? I did not.

Do I feel inspired? Sadly not.

Do I feel changed? Again, that's a no.

Do I have a handbook yet? Again, sadly that's a no.

Is the website working any better? Ho hum....more of the same really.

Am I really bothered about all this? Not really.

Life drifts merrily onward, maybe in a few years time I will recognise what this momentous day was all about, and I can say.....................

"I was there, it happened when I was a member"

brue replied on 23/02/2017 17:20

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:04 by GodivaNige

Completely agree, if you take a look at the C&CC website and publications, there are images galore of families interacting, pursuing leisure activities, children playing etc The images have a completely different feel to them. Any young family ditching the package holiday in favour of a caravan purchase to partake in the ever increasing staycation trend, are going to look at this material and make the obvious choice in which club to join.

New photos needed, my rates are very favourable wink

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:20

Good idea! The CMC needs to update it's image.

Time to throw out the Box Brownie I think....laughing

Metheven replied on 23/02/2017 17:24

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:24

The members could donate some photo's, oh wait I think this has been poo poo'd before, something to do with copyright innocent

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook