The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

GodivaNige replied on 23/02/2017 16:12

Posted on 23/02/2017 16:12

Just back from the show and whilst there, along with the better half, we spent a good half hour chatting to a couple of staff manning the CAMC stand. We both gave our blessing to the rebrand and had a good chat about how it was being received at the show. In the time we were hanging out on the stand we witnessed numerous new members being signed up.

This much I can pass on from our chat today...

There will be no revoke of the rebrand.

The club know that in recent times they have been losing new leisure vehicle owners to the C&CC, they have seen the C&CC increase its membership whilst the CC membership has been in decline, the rebrand is in response to this trend.

The average age of CC members is considerably higher than that of the C&CC, with this in mind the Club felt a need to modernise in an effort to balance this out to sustain future growth

There has been considerable growth in the sale of leisure orientated vehicles, for example VW T6 conversions and activity style caravans. The Club are looking to attract this new breed of owner by way of modernising it's appearance and outlook

There have been surveys carried out, not exclusively with current members but with leisure vehicle owners and potential owners in general. The overriding response being that the Caravan Club was considered as stuffy, outdated and regimental. The Club want to change this perception.

Julie Sewell replied on 23/02/2017 16:13

Posted on 23/02/2017 16:13

What a lot of marketing waffle - does anyone know how much this re brand will cost??  I have a young family and a caravan I am constantly frustrated that the caravan club wifi never works and the booking web site only works on a laptop and not a tablet.  

Maybe investing in the essentials on sites might draw in the younger folk.  

If the club truly want to embrace more people to enjoy the outdoors - perhaps we should have included the campers and let the tents in we could have renamed ourselves the caravan and camping.....Oops !!!!

Metheven replied on 23/02/2017 16:18

Posted on 23/02/2017 16:12 by GodivaNige

Just back from the show and whilst there, along with the better half, we spent a good half hour chatting to a couple of staff manning the CAMC stand. We both gave our blessing to the rebrand and had a good chat about how it was being received at the show. In the time we were hanging out on the stand we witnessed numerous new members being signed up.

The club know that in recent times they have been losing new leisure vehicle owners to the C&CC, they have seen the C&CC increase its membership whilst the CC membership has been in decline, the rebrand is in response to this trend.

The average age of CC members is considerably higher than that of the C&CC, with this in mind the Club felt a need to modernise in an effort to balance this out to sustain future growth

There has been considerable growth in the sale of leisure orientated vehicles, for example VW T6 conversions and activity style caravans. The Club are looking to attract this new breed of owner by way of modernising it's appearance and outlook

There have been surveys carried out, not exclusively with current members but with leisure vehicle owners and potential owners in general. The overriding response being that the Caravan Club was considered as stuffy, outdated and regimental. The Club want to change this perception.

Posted on 23/02/2017 16:18

Have to agree with all of this smile

Fysherman replied on 23/02/2017 16:31

Posted on 23/02/2017 16:31

To the young ' uns caravans are not cool. (research conducted with 25 fellow university students last year)

They tell me MH's on a VW Transporter are cool but because they cannot afford them most don't go camping at all they go on a flight to the med for £30 or a flight to Mexico for £300.

Despite being taken all over Europe in both MH's and caravans for years my now grown up daughter thinks all camping is naff. This idea of risking everything just to appeal more to the young people is a risky one.

I really think that by wazzing off (technical term) existing loyal members the club has shot itself right in the foot and will drive members to the other club or they just won't bother and use the independent sites

janhsmn replied on 23/02/2017 16:35

Posted on 23/02/2017 16:35

I asked on Facebook for a plain English reply to what changes us members would see on the ground apart from new signs, this was the response, I will let you make up your own mind 

Hello Janet.
Previously the imagery was mainly that of the sites themselves which a lot of our members are already aware of. We are not stopping this however we are also adding imagery of local attractions and scenes of outstanding beauty a stones throw away from the sites - hence using the word inspiration in our new branding. In addition to this we are building up more member offers with companies providing outdoor adventures for our members to utilise and create your own experiences.
I hope this is a little more plain English for you. ^Dean

The Ovaltineys replied on 23/02/2017 16:36

Posted on 23/02/2017 16:36

and will drive members to the other club

It looks like I'm a trailblazer    laughing

Coventrykid replied on 23/02/2017 16:40

Posted on 23/02/2017 16:12 by GodivaNige

Posted on 23/02/2017 16:40

Thankyou for reporting this back to us. Perhaps if this had been communicated by the Committee to the members in last month's magazine a lot of upset would have been avoided. 

JayEss replied on 23/02/2017 16:40

Posted on 23/02/2017 16:40

I don't disagree that the other club is more attractive to younger campers and most of this is down to the stuffy image of this club. 

However surely nobody seriously thinks that a new name and logo will change the image?  It's the whole culture of the club that has to change. There needs to be a can do approach. Better communication, listening to members, passing updates out in a timely fashion etc. The last year or so has been dire and this rebrand could have been more exciting if there was some meat on the bones. 

It's just smoke and mirrors at the moment and I hope some proposals are due very soon indeed. 

One thing that really needs sorting out is the IT side. It's shockingly bad at the moment. 

JayEss replied on 23/02/2017 16:44

Posted on 23/02/2017 16:35 by janhsmn

I asked on Facebook for a plain English reply to what changes us members would see on the ground apart from new signs, this was the response, I will let you make up your own mind 

Hello Janet.
Previously the imagery was mainly that of the sites themselves which a lot of our members are already aware of. We are not stopping this however we are also adding imagery of local attractions and scenes of outstanding beauty a stones throw away from the sites - hence using the word inspiration in our new branding. In addition to this we are building up more member offers with companies providing outdoor adventures for our members to utilise and create your own experiences.
I hope this is a little more plain English for you. ^Dean

Posted on 23/02/2017 16:44

Is that a serious response?  They aren't promising much are they?  It's also rather patronising 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook