The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

Annsman replied on 23/02/2017 13:43

Posted on 23/02/2017 13:43

I suppose the new name represents more about what the club is about. As a motorhome owner there was always this perception, and it probably was only that, that motorhomes were interlopers and only tolerated because you had to!  Once or twice I have had members on sites whinge that "there were of us around these days!"  

Anyway what's in a name!  There will be those that will never get over losing the empire so this will really blow their minds! :)  As others have commented on as long as the basics are looked after who cares what the badge looks like.

JVB66 replied on 23/02/2017 13:53

Posted on 23/02/2017 13:53

Daveflt   The logo you have superimposed on your avatar is as visible as the way the new club is to most wink

Navigateur replied on 23/02/2017 14:04

Posted on 23/02/2017 14:04

Ah!  The Empire.  Looks like after BR-Exit we are going to need it again.  A bit like what is likely to happen to the proper logo in a few years time.

sj123 replied on 23/02/2017 14:19

Posted on 23/02/2017 14:19

I just feel that the colours chosen are too weak for the logo to stand out.

Yes include motorhomes, but did we really need a very, very expensive relaunch.? Will we ever find out the true cost?

We need more sites at a fair price, and a WI fi system that people can afford.

I just think having been to the NEC yesterday, it was a very over the top event.

yorksman replied on 23/02/2017 14:19

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:54 by RochelleCC

Hi Bakers,

We'll be making the announcement at 10.30 at the NEC, and streaming the announcement live on Facebook. I'll then upload the video to Club Together.

Some might say you're getting a sneak preview wink

Posted on 23/02/2017 14:19

Facebook is evil

yorksman replied on 23/02/2017 14:30

Posted on 21/02/2017 11:57 by RochelleCC

Thanks Ian,

We’re always making improvements to the Club, which means that fees increase by a small amount each year. These exciting changes mean that some routine updates have been brought forward, but the overall cost is proportionate to the significant benefit it will bring to our image and profile.

Your membership and site fees won't be increasing any more than usual - we've still got a price freeze on 500,000 pitch nights this year!

Posted on 23/02/2017 14:30

just had an email from cc&c 25% midweek discount, 10% weekend
Member-Exclusive Offers
Arrow
20% off ACR stays
20% off for families
Other Offers
Arrow
30% off grass pitches 25% off mid-week breaks
15% off weekend escapes 10% off - Ultimate offer

looks more exciting than a name change and price hikes to me

ask66 replied on 23/02/2017 14:36

Posted on 23/02/2017 14:36

Hi all, just adding a comment in general support of the new logo and name.  I'm not in favour of over-frequent rebranding, but comparing the old and new logos & typefaces, I do think the old look was rather dated.  The new look is fresh, clean and modern.  Motorhomes are increasingly popular and so I think this is a good time to make a change which could well encourage younger people and motorhome owners.

If you think branding and style don't matter, just look at old newspapers, magazines, packaging etc to see how things change over time.  It would be a brave company (or club!) that completely ignored this.

Of course it's not all about branding - the site facilities and pricing need to be right.  Personally I find many club sites cramped, overpriced, and not always in the best locations.  I usually prefer CLs.  But there are a lot of potential new members out there with plenty of money to spend - let's hope our 'new-look' club can encourage them to join!

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook