The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

PhilH replied on 23/02/2017 12:34

Posted on 23/02/2017 12:34

"The same club but better" is the claim but far from reality.

No longer a club but a corporate organisation which contrary to all its talk no longer listens to its members.

They've now got members falling out amongst themselves, how's that better ?

Large amount of money spent with very little if any input from the paying Membership, how's that better ?

Like it or not we're stuck with it, NO ONES LISTENING.

Happy caravanning everyone. Sorry happy caravanning and motorhoming, I'll get used to eventually.

Sir Bruin replied on 23/02/2017 12:45

Posted on 23/02/2017 10:09 by Greatfalls

michris you have put this very well, and I fully agree with your comments. I also feel that this change is causing a rift between the Caravan and Motorcaravan owners that did not exist before. I also note the usual lack of response of the Senior Management Team, who should be ashamed of themselves for their arrogance in the way they have introduced this change.

Posted on 23/02/2017 12:45

I suggest that it is not the change (new logo and addition or the word, "motorhome" to the name) that is causing the rift. It is the attitude of some members.

Personally, I do not care if a motorhome is pitched next to me. I do not care that  I am in a club that has "Motorhome" in the name. I do not care what the logo looks like, or what it looked like before.  I don't give a pair of fetid dingo's kidneys that the change was made without consulting me.

For less than £50 per year, I get access to sites that I enjoy using because they are of (IMHO) a known and consistent standard.

I am astounded that such great consternation can be caused by so little.

LoisV replied on 23/02/2017 12:51

Posted on 23/02/2017 12:51

I would like to join others in expressing my opinion that this is a total waste of money!

Navigateur replied on 23/02/2017 13:04

Posted on 23/02/2017 13:04

I wonder if the new CT software can cope with over 999 posts on a thread.  We are about to find out . . . .  !

avondriver replied on 23/02/2017 13:11

Posted on 23/02/2017 13:11

To be honest I had to go back and look at what the old logo was - it makes not a jot of difference to me and as for the name - why would it matter? What irritated me was getting stickers through the post - along with personalised number plates I thought these had gone out of fashion many years ago. Anybody that really wanted them could have picked up some from a warden at the next site they visited. As for the nothing has changed point well, all great journeys have a first step. Lets wait and hope.

jackdaww replied on 23/02/2017 13:20

Posted on 23/02/2017 11:19 by jackdaww

i dont normally  use these terms , but feel moved to say ----

this is a MCU .

the M is for massive .

Posted on 23/02/2017 13:20

then i thought - perhaps its april 1st  ??

sadly it isnt....

Eurolandy replied on 23/02/2017 13:25

Posted on 23/02/2017 13:25

Anyone think the clubs management are behaving like politicians?

Remember who ever voted you in can vote you out!

The problem is, some politicians (mostly left wing) have turned to printing money to pay for such grand plans (remember the late seventies), but the Club cannot and has to use the money paid in by the members. Once it’s spent it’s spent, so no investment in sites etc. which we desperately need.

theviewfromthisside replied on 23/02/2017 13:28

Posted on 23/02/2017 13:28

I saw the eMail first, thought it was a spoof/scam and Deleted User it without reading. Then received a letter and fancy new stickers. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. What have they done? We’ve only been in the club 3 and a bit years. We’re motorhomers. We’ve never felt not included, but we might do now. We’re all doing the same stuff, be it in Caravans, Pop-ops, Motorhomes, Campervans, Tents, whatever. There really doesn’t seem to be any reason for changing the shop front, and we think this is a mistake of Consignia proportions. Think what else could have been done with the money.

Look chaps, two things: First, there’s an old engineers’ adage which says “If it ain’t broke, don’t try and fix it”. Secondly, when you reorganize or rebrand, you bleed, you bleed money, you bleed time, you bleed expertise, you bleed customer loyalty, you bleed brand recognition.

And that’s another thing – the logo – we’ve watched the video and couldn’t understand a thing. Surely someone could have come up with something better. And brown’s a terrible colour to use, really.

Metheven replied on 23/02/2017 13:34

Posted on 23/02/2017 13:34

The logo is good, spend my money how you see fit, caravan or motorhome pitched next to me is fine, being on my own on a CL is even better, I'm happy, life is good laughing

Boff replied on 23/02/2017 13:36

Posted on 23/02/2017 13:36

Has anyone else noticed. That 1000 posts but nothing is measurable. 

People have asked how much it's going to cost?   The answer via Rochelle is very little and it has been budgeted for. Not a single figure.

Apparently we will witness a step change.  We have all the soft lovely marketing words about adventure and inclusivity and being pioneers. But again nothing measurable.  So nothing anyone could look back on in 5 years and say yes that was achieved or no it wasn't.

It would be perfectly reasonable to state that we want the membership to increase by x % per year, or we want the average age of members to be reduced by 5 years and we are going to increase the number of available site nights by X thousands.  Trouble with all these and the numbers and the criteria don't really matter But what does mater is they are measurable and therefore the organisation could be held accountable and I don't believe that the leadership want that.

Much better to have a nice new logo and some fuzzy mission statement meanwhile it will be business as usual. 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook