The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

Extugger replied on 23/02/2017 15:10

Posted on 23/02/2017 15:10

Just want to mention, in a very quiet whisper........the signage on the site is incorrect.....

It says: (Logo) Caravan and Motorhome Club, since 1907....

I thought it was Tuesday, February 22nd, 2017 ?? wink

Goldie146 replied on 23/02/2017 15:15

Posted on 23/02/2017 15:15

Maybe this isn't the time and place to ask, but how did a red flag on the old logo symbolise caravanning?

Surfer replied on 23/02/2017 15:16

Posted on 23/02/2017 15:16

As a motor caravan is now known as a motor home why can't a caravan be called a mobile home to reflect the new modern and use of the term?  

I can feel another rebranding exercise coming!  wink

Fysherman replied on 23/02/2017 15:25

Posted on 23/02/2017 15:15 by Goldie146

Maybe this isn't the time and place to ask, but how did a red flag on the old logo symbolise caravanning?

Posted on 23/02/2017 15:25

It represented a pennon, the symbol of caravanning (and camping)

Often found being proudly flown from awning guy lines.

The club still uses (used) it for the Red Pennant overseas touring insurance to represent confidence, security and belonging to an organisation with a history of service to members.

Then they throw it away for an ice cream logo.

rkj52 replied on 23/02/2017 15:34

Posted on 23/02/2017 12:34 by PhilH

"The same club but better" is the claim but far from reality.

No longer a club but a corporate organisation which contrary to all its talk no longer listens to its members.

They've now got members falling out amongst themselves, how's that better ?

Large amount of money spent with very little if any input from the paying Membership, how's that better ?

Like it or not we're stuck with it, NO ONES LISTENING.

Happy caravanning everyone. Sorry happy caravanning and motorhoming, I'll get used to eventually.

Posted on 23/02/2017 15:34

I am not sure what all the comments are on here as Phil H is right, the so called club is no more that than by name and has not been a club for years.  It is a profit making organisation who has multi income streams, including sites, insurance, campsite guides, travel agency etc etc. Lets just use the correct terminology, the Director General is the CEO abd for surplus read profit on which they pay tax. They make investments (good or bad), such as the acquisition of Alan Rogers, and this yesr they have chosen to rebrand the organisation as you would expect from any marketing led CEO.

If one is willing to pay £49 a year to be allowed the right to book exclusive sites, and have a nightly discount on others, then pay up, if not just walk away from the so called membership. Just to not kid yourselves that the board of directors will listen to you any more than the board of a large national company would listen to you. They are growing the company and improving profits year on year, so they must be right and who can argue with that.

As I said before, it is a profit driven organisation so do not waste your time or patience in trying to change it. Like it stay, if you don't like it go.

Mr Fat replied on 23/02/2017 15:45

Posted on 23/02/2017 15:45

We are staying at Ferry Meadows and on Tuesday morning the wardens were busy replacing the signs on the toilet block and service points following the re-branding. They are now a slightly different shade of green. The 5mph signs have also changed colour. Wardens have new uniforms. I don't have anything against changing the name but I do think that replacing perfectly good signs is a huge waste of money. When we woke up to a flooded awning this morning after the hardstanding pitch flooded, and having to wade through the standing water on the roads, I would have much preferred that they spent the money improving the drainage and the pitches on the site. 

CROMLYN replied on 23/02/2017 15:46

Posted on 23/02/2017 15:46

As a member for 40 years I am very disappointed to see that there is no Green or Red (proper red) in the new branding.

I think that Green epitomises the outdoor and 'green' ethos of the club and I just hope that we will not have all the signage etc on the sites in the new colours.

This is a very big change to introduce without any consultation with the members and makes me feel that it is not MY club anymore and that I have no input into how it is run.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook