The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

PITCHTOCLOSE replied on 23/02/2017 18:06

Posted on 23/02/2017 11:59 by The Ovaltineys

Has Rochelle ever given a concrete example of a single change.?

All I ever hear are words - I always thought actions speak louder than words.

What about a categoric right - no ifs or buts -  to stay on site later on a Sunday.

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:06

i agree so long as i can stay on site longer on a fri

The Ovaltineys replied on 23/02/2017 18:18

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:18

Hooker, I'm sure most working families would have no problem with your suggestion as they are likely to arrive late.

. If the CC want to attract more families they have to break away from the farce of a 12.00pm  departure

frabro replied on 23/02/2017 18:24

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:24

I 've looked at a lot of the posts and find very few supportive of this rebranding , new logo and the large sums of money it no doubt has already cost and  will continue to cost on unnecessary changes to signage etc. All this is foisted, and yes I hear warm words about consultation, well it certainly passed me by, on members on the grounds of diversity,

adapting to changing demands and to open up the great outdoors to a new audience. You'll forgive me for a degree of scepticism . Rebrands in business usually are generated when the business is starting to fail , is loosing market share, diversifying or widening its product base. None of these apply in this case, and the new logo, which doubtless costs large sums to design and choose is mediocre at best. Our previous logo expressly defined what the club did .  The costs of this senseless and unwanted rebranding would have much better spent on investing  in sites, more serviced pitches , wifi on sites like Troutbeck etc. 

Unicorn replied on 23/02/2017 18:38

Posted on 23/02/2017 09:49 by Mr H

Logos and branding are very powerful tools used by organisations to create a following and ultimately secure a market share. They are tampered and messed around with at their peril. Look at Royal Mail some years back, branding itself Consignia.

Could not agree more. Having worked on the corporate identity of a major retailer I learnt that any change had to be subtle. Customers sometimes unwittingly, get comfort from the brand name knowing their standards of service etc. Corporate branding, like the red pennant, take years to establish and are worth a fortune, and should be guarded fiercely and if deemed redundant then phased out rather than dropped.Could you imagine what would happen if the AA and RAC changed their branding to include cars,lorries,vans,buses,coaches,motorbikes,caravans and motorhomes etc etc. Brand loyalty is very emotive as can been by the number of posts so far. I hope the club has made the right choice but it's not for me.

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:38

Well we are not happy at all with this new logo. As paying members of the Caravan Club were we balloted? No were we asked to vote for the design of a new log? No. It's nondescript people won't know what it means. Looks like a heart . No we won't be displaying it on our vehicle or caravan 

replied on 23/02/2017 18:41

Posted on 23/02/2017 11:40 by RochelleCC

Hi win,

The story of our logo was to showcase our new brand values, and to show that it's not just about a name change, but a shift in our culture.

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:41

The story of our logo was to showcase our new brand values, and to show that it's not just about a name change, but a shift in our culture.

Failed there then. As the video regarding the new logo did none of that. It explained nothing and meant nowt to me. 

And as for 'The Club is constantly refreshing and improving its offering to members and customers with new sites, facilities and how we transact and communicate with members', I have seen precious little, sorry no, communication from the CC with regard to these recent changes, the fantastic regeneration buzz words, the situation regarding Mildenhall and its ongoing usage or otherwise, or the new AS that has mysteriously appeared on the website. So where is this improving communication system? Seems like more empty words to me I am afraid.

Kiaboy replied on 23/02/2017 18:52

Posted on 21/02/2017 09:12 by RochelleCC

Hi JVB,

The change in name and logo were based on your feedback and in consultation with your representatives on the Committee. Together, we’re embarking on a journey of investment in the future of our Club.

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:52

Quote from Rochelle Staff reply

Not my feed back.... I wasn't even consulted, the club needs to spend its "members money" on the sites that need refurbishing I have complained to the management for years regarding pitches but was told you have had to use the money allocated with CARE, this waste of members money is NOT CARE the people responsible should be relieved of their posts.

The website is a mess (which I have also mentioned to the web team) and so is the App. This club is going the WRONG way IMHO too much "fluffy stuff" being done and no real improvements..

Oldgirl and Staffy replied on 23/02/2017 18:57

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:55 by bvmc

Very sad to see money has been wasted on a re-brand of the Caravan Club. Does anyone else think that the new logo is ugly?  

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:57

To me the design and colours of the logo give it an 'aggressive' look.  It certainly gives no indication of being a family friendly leisure organisation.

Junezhubby replied on 23/02/2017 18:57

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:24 by frabro

I 've looked at a lot of the posts and find very few supportive of this rebranding , new logo and the large sums of money it no doubt has already cost and  will continue to cost on unnecessary changes to signage etc. All this is foisted, and yes I hear warm words about consultation, well it certainly passed me by, on members on the grounds of diversity,

adapting to changing demands and to open up the great outdoors to a new audience. You'll forgive me for a degree of scepticism . Rebrands in business usually are generated when the business is starting to fail , is loosing market share, diversifying or widening its product base. None of these apply in this case, and the new logo, which doubtless costs large sums to design and choose is mediocre at best. Our previous logo expressly defined what the club did .  The costs of this senseless and unwanted rebranding would have much better spent on investing  in sites, more serviced pitches , wifi on sites like Troutbeck etc. 

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:57

Maybe the club is pre empting what it can see starting to happen. Maybe it can see the cc&c growing it's membership while their's shrinks.

Maybe it can see the licence changes affecting the caravan/ motorhome balance. The future for the club is not guaranteed by staying the same. Like the whole holiday industry as already mentioned is changing. The Internet has made it as easy to organise a trip to Cambodia as easy as a trip to Cornwall. 

Maybe they can't give all the answers because they don't have them yet. They have admitted as much but they know they have to get young people into a lifestyle that can be expensive to set up. 

Maybe a bit of support would be better than negativity. 

Yes it means big changes but it could well be adapt or slowly die a lingering death.

To be honest I'm a member of both clubs, & believe most people are, this clubs  sites are generally better and I prefer not being allocated a particular pitch. Also the pricing is easier not changing every week depending on how well it's selling.  

So maybe a better image does work despite all the contrary views on here.

Let's all enjoy the journey and embrace the changes. Maybe we're getting a communal firepit on sites soon laughing

Bugs replied on 23/02/2017 19:02

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:18 by The Ovaltineys

Hooker, I'm sure most working families would have no problem with your suggestion as they are likely to arrive late.

. If the CC want to attract more families they have to break away from the farce of a 12.00pm  departure

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:02

You seem overly concerned & critical for a non-member Ovaltineys?

Are you thinking of actually joining the Club?

Cheers

Bugs

peedee replied on 23/02/2017 19:14

Posted on 23/02/2017 17:50 by GodivaNige
  • Do you not get that the Club needed to revive and modernise it's image, become more inclusive and attract the increasing leisure vehicle ownership to its doors? Whilst you and many many others posting here may have liked things just so, this approach was doing nothing for the future of the Club. My only concern is that the Club should have done this sooner, but it's better late than never.

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:14

It is not only about attracting new customers, it also about retaining or persuading existing members to stay or make more use of Club facilities.  Over the last couple of years I have found myself making less and less use of what the Club offers and I am sure I am not the only one.

peedee

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook