The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

2plusthedog replied on 23/02/2017 23:01

Posted on 23/02/2017 23:01

Rebranding is a very poor decision. A club like the Caravan Club is for its members and was/is already known to anybody with ANY form of RV.

What it is NOT is a trendy profit chasing organisation, as it seems now unfortunately to be veering towards, increasingly obsessed with image (at great expense) and being 'on message'.

What the club actually DOES for its members is the key issue, not the window dressing. The club also belongs to its members who appear to have had little real part in the decision making outside of committees who fail to represent membership opinions when based on the feedback on these pages alone.

Sorry guys, this one is a bad call.

GodivaNige replied on 23/02/2017 23:18

Posted on 23/02/2017 22:54 by lowsas

Good reply, glad to see a younger member who understands the concerns of what appears to be a large section of the membership. 

ROCHELLE can you please respond to the many requests from the members to advise us what the financial outlay of the rebranding exercise is to allow us to relax and say well done or otherwise have a hissyfit

At present you are cherry picking the posts you are replying to without giving the  reqesting members what they would like to know

I f you are unable to respond, could you please pass this query to the Board for an informed response. I appreciate you are the link person between website feedback and the decision makers

Thanks

Posted on 23/02/2017 23:18

The Club won't be at liberty to disclose financial information until such time as the current year accounts have been audited and released prior to the AGM

You can ask as often or as hard as you like, you will not get the figure you are requesting because quite simply, a; spending within the budget allocated for the rebrand has likely not yet been completed and b; within the Clubs code of conduct, it will be written that financial information is not available for public consumption until such time as the Club accountants have signed off the year end. Until such time, this information will be strictly confidential.

lowsas replied on 23/02/2017 23:33

Posted on 23/02/2017 23:18 by GodivaNige

The Club won't be at liberty to disclose financial information until such time as the current year accounts have been audited and released prior to the AGM

You can ask as often or as hard as you like, you will not get the figure you are requesting because quite simply, a; spending within the budget allocated for the rebrand has likely not yet been completed and b; within the Clubs code of conduct, it will be written that financial information is not available for public consumption until such time as the Club accountants have signed off the year end. Until such time, this information will be strictly confidential.

Posted on 23/02/2017 23:33

Thank you for your response, sounds believable altthough tied up in legislation. I would still like to hear a response from the CC/CAMC rather than a fellow member on this issue

Graemebf replied on 23/02/2017 23:43

Posted on 23/02/2017 23:43

I posted the following under the heading Democracy last night, as this is just office statements and the Post was blocked, what sort of Fascist institution are we now in, that tries to block free speech?

Where was the democracy in the new Logo, it's great to include Motorhomes but why spend a fortune so some idiot can design something from Monster University? The old Logo was recognisable as a brand, was tweakable and had a green identity. What is worrying is that this has been foisted on us, is this an attempt to turn the club into a private company and be sold? If so look at the state of the AA & RAC.

The Logo should be scrapped and any attempt to stop this being a members club.

GodivaNige replied on 23/02/2017 23:50

Posted on 23/02/2017 23:33 by lowsas

Thank you for your response, sounds believable altthough tied up in legislation. I would still like to hear a response from the CC/CAMC rather than a fellow member on this issue

Posted on 23/02/2017 23:50

No legislation as such, only that financial information available to rank and file members of the Club will be limited to just the annual statement, which will be audited and prepared following the year end and prior to the AGM. Only the Board will have unfettered access to ongoing financial issues. An organisation such as the CAMC has to protect itself from financial exposure by keeping ongoing financial information confidential, until such time as auditing has taken place and the Finance Committee has prepared its report.

lowsas replied on 24/02/2017 00:02

Posted on 23/02/2017 23:50 by GodivaNige

No legislation as such, only that financial information available to rank and file members of the Club will be limited to just the annual statement, which will be audited and prepared following the year end and prior to the AGM. Only the Board will have unfettered access to ongoing financial issues. An organisation such as the CAMC has to protect itself from financial exposure by keeping ongoing financial information confidential, until such time as auditing has taken place and the Finance Committee has prepared its report.

Posted on 24/02/2017 00:02

Thanks again, you are probably correct but I would like someone from the CC \CAMC to explain this to myself and many others asking the same question

SurreySimon replied on 24/02/2017 00:06

Posted on 24/02/2017 00:06

I am not an old member but I have been a Club member for over 20 years, and our family since 1973 when you had to have someone propose you to become a member, you couldn't just join in those days.

I am disgusted by this stupid trivial waste of money. We the members are paying for this, how much is this costing the Caravan Club? Signage, cost of logo branding, stationery, business cards, you name it..... The company I work for went though this a couple of years ago and it cost several hundreds of thousands, I would estimate at least £500K plus, can someone confirm the final cost??

Why, what is the point after 110 years??? The new logo is horrible, a child of 3 years old could have done a better job. It really is rubbish awful colours etc what is it supposed to represent???? I hope the Club didn't pay for this crap!!! I certainly won't be putting my recently received stickers in my caravan windows, they are horrible, no colour and no style really awful.

Why weren't members asked to vote on whether they wanted this??? Maybe we were but after over 20 years membership I didn't pick this up.

This is supposed to be a Cliub for MEMBERS not a brand! If I didn't want to use the Club sites network and the excellent Red Pennant service I would CANCEL my membership in protest

The recent changes to the magazine puts it on a par with the other club which is rubbish! Both magazines now get a cursory glance and end up in the dustbin! The revised magazine really is awful compared to how it used to be, smaller and packed full of rubbish adverts. Why can't we go back to basics... En-route magazine for members.... It was great and we used to read it cover to cover, maybe you should take a look back in time?

What a disgrace, the management are clearly on an ego trip and aren't fit to manage the Club! Grenville showed his wonderful caravaning skills when he trashed the back of his caravan on national TV. Says it all, the management of the Club aren't fit to manage it !!

I am DISGUSTED at the waste of money, rubbish logo and apparent disregard of members... This is supposed to be a Club!

GodivaNige replied on 24/02/2017 00:11

Posted on 24/02/2017 00:02 by lowsas

Thanks again, you are probably correct but I would like someone from the CC \CAMC to explain this to myself and many others asking the same question

Posted on 24/02/2017 00:11

I doubt very much you will get a the response you are seeking. The Board will likely distance themselves from forum politics as per any other organisation with a £100 million turnover. A budget for the rebrand will have been projected, voted on and agreed by the elected Board and whilst members consider themselves as owners of the Club, in reality, we are all just customers.

karenandbill replied on 24/02/2017 00:21

Posted on 21/02/2017 10:54 by GodivaNige

To be fair, organisations don't ask customers prior to a rebrand. I rebranded my company last year, I didn't ask my customers if they were ok with this, I just did it.

Get real!

Posted on 24/02/2017 00:21

We are not customers!! We ARE the club. It is a member's club, not a business although it has to perform well, like any business. I am and never will be a customer.

DavidKlyne replied on 24/02/2017 00:25

Posted on 24/02/2017 00:25

I would argue that cost is a secondary consideration. This statement no doubt will get howls of protest. People have to look at the situation in a more logical manner. The Club have decided that they could not maximise it's potential by staying the same so a decision was made to rebrand in order to move forward and to encourage a new segment of members to join the Club. There is a perception that motorhomers belong to a predominantly  older age group. Depending on what online groups you belong to/read you do start to discover that many owners of motorhomes are in fact much younger and often not Club members. It is this group that the Club want to attract because they will be the future of the Club. If you have decided this is a worthwhile mission and that it would be beneficial to the Club in the longer term then the cost has to be taken on the chin. It makes no difference whether it costs £10000 or a million. The important decision is the one on rebranding. Reading many of these posts I wonder if people never redecorate their homes, buy new carpets etc,etc. Of course we all do but we don't expect our relations to advise us against it on terms of costs?

As an aside I was at the NEC today and the new Club stand was very striking. However dotted around the show were still remnants of the old logo, for example where there was a Club offer on buying a new car so the examples were all on third part stands. It immediately struck me how old fashioned it looked compared to the new!!!

David

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook