Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

WillDeBeast replied on 12/03/2019 21:50

Posted on 12/03/2019 15:31 by Caravan Han

Good afternoon everyone,

Following on from my message yesterday, I wanted to let you all know that we've added the 'Frequently Asked Questions' here or you'll find them under the 'Log In' button on the member offer page here. This covers most of the questions raised.

We are working with Pump King on the text message incident and will update you when we have answers on this and any other outstanding queries.

Thank you for understanding,

Hannah 

Posted on 12/03/2019 21:50

I couldn't see answers to my key questions:

• Why the Ts&Cs have been changed without us being given due notice
  • A better way to get the benefit of the 1p promise
  • What's our liability if our card is stolen or cloned?
  • If people have Deleted User their account, when will their data be erased?

roli replied on 13/03/2019 10:41

Posted on 13/03/2019 10:41

I have been monitoring pump prices since January and since getting my card a few weeks ago have only found 1 garage that the card would give me a saving on (all included Esso garages)  After reading all the problems on here I decided to close the account.  All the folks on here cant be wrong and the C&MC should distance itself from this organisation

lornalou1 replied on 13/03/2019 11:51

Posted on 13/03/2019 10:41 by roli

I have been monitoring pump prices since January and since getting my card a few weeks ago have only found 1 garage that the card would give me a saving on (all included Esso garages)  After reading all the problems on here I decided to close the account.  All the folks on here cant be wrong and the C&MC should distance itself from this organisation

Posted on 13/03/2019 11:51

Its only Esso garages that you can compare the pump prices against as it's an Esso promotion. comparing against any other is wrong. I've save from 4p upwards every time since December.

DSB replied on 13/03/2019 15:22

Posted on 12/03/2019 16:10 by Navigateur

How nice that so much time and effort has gone into preparing the FAQs.  It is well known that using FAQs is a method of trying to dodge the customer questions that are not included. Most of the information (all?) is already on this thread, but not all members use CT so it will help them.

Can I ask, Hannah, if Rowenna has left her position of dealing with CT and you are her replacement?

Posted on 13/03/2019 15:22

With regard to your last sentance.  The answer is No and No.  🙂

David

GJac replied on 13/03/2019 16:11

Posted on 09/03/2019 15:40 by EmilysDad

When this card was made  available I went through the signing process up to the point of finding out that it had to be linked to a bank account instead of a credit card account so never actually applied for it. I still got the texts though.  One a month I could quite happily ignore but today I received 48 😂😂😂

Posted on 13/03/2019 16:11

Exactly what I did.  Have you managed to get PK to delete your name, address, phone no and email address?  I was annoyed, no angry - to find that although I exited from the registration process - my personal details have not been Deleted User and cannot be Deleted User until I register a card!!!   At no stage did I agree to this.

Pathfinder replied on 13/03/2019 18:32

Posted on 13/03/2019 16:11 by GJac

Exactly what I did.  Have you managed to get PK to delete your name, address, phone no and email address?  I was annoyed, no angry - to find that although I exited from the registration process - my personal details have not been deleted and cannot be deleted until I register a card!!!   At no stage did I agree to this.

Posted on 13/03/2019 18:32

Same here and  with all the fiasco that went on, I cut up the card (2nd issue) without activating it. So I emailed PK, with a reply stating to register a card, so it looks as though I am in a none win situation in respect to having my details removed.

flatcoat replied on 13/03/2019 19:23

Posted on 13/03/2019 19:23

Given this must be the largest number of posts on any thread on the forum, I wonder if/when the club are going to distance themselves from this fiasco. I appreciate it is not of the clubs making but there is reputational damage by association and at some stage continued offering of this arrangement could bring legal implications. 

John4703 replied on 13/03/2019 21:30

Posted on 13/03/2019 21:30

I find the cad good. It gives me fuel cheaper than anywhere else near me.

I like the record of fuel bought and mileage was well.

GJac replied on 13/03/2019 22:29

Posted on 13/03/2019 18:32 by Pathfinder

Same here and  with all the fiasco that went on, I cut up the card (2nd issue) without activating it. So I emailed PK, with a reply stating to register a card, so it looks as though I am in a none win situation in respect to having my details removed.

Posted on 13/03/2019 22:29

Did PK acknowledge your request?   I've sent 3 emails - not one reply has been received to date.  

rambling robin replied on 14/03/2019 06:13

Posted on 14/03/2019 06:13

With reference to deletion of personal details a quick look at the Pumpkin Privacy Document reveals that they have created a loophole for themselves to effectively keep your data for as long as they like.

How Long We Keep Your Personal Data:-

We will retain your personal data, whether or not your account is active, for as long as we believe it necessary or desirable to fulfil our business purposes or to comply with applicable law, audit requirements, regulatory requests or orders from competent courts.

Pump king Privacy Document

They do of course mention erasure since that is essential in compliance with GDPR. I have requested erasure of personal data - as distinct to transaction records which are of course relevant.

If they do not reply I will refer to the ICO.

I am particularly angry that there is no provision to actually close off my account - it is Unsubscribed or Blocked. There is no mention of this limitation in the sign up process and I see this is a significant failure of the process of vetting this offer.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook