Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Yertiz replied on 09/03/2019 21:28

Posted on 09/03/2019 20:27 by

Having been inundated with over 40 texts today from PK I have come to the conclusion that these people are not competent to manage my details.

On accessing the website to cancel my account I find that even if I cancel my account they keep my information with no way on the site to get them deleted (read small print in attached picture).

So, can someone from the Club Admin explain under GDPR rules, how do I contact PK to get my data deleted.

Posted on 09/03/2019 21:28

Post reported, in the hope that someone at the Club can answer your question Andyundecided

GodivaNige replied on 09/03/2019 21:41

Having been inundated with over 40 texts today from PK I have come to the conclusion that these people are not competent to manage my details.

On accessing the website to cancel my account I find that even if I cancel my account they keep my information with no way on the site to get them deleted (read small print in attached picture).

So, can someone from the Club Admin explain under GDPR rules, how do I contact PK to get my data deleted.

Posted on 09/03/2019 21:41

You will need to write to PK and formally request a copy of the information they hold about you, then request they delete it. They should confirm this has been done within one calendar month. If you continue to receive communication after you have requested your contact information is Deleted User, you can then make a formal complaint to the Information Commisioners Office who may then pursue legal action.

Anyone who genuinely is concerned about Pump King holding their debit card details and you wish to cease using their service, you should contact your bank and request the card registered with PK is blocked and ask for a new card to be issued. 

I did this today, then filmed a short time stamped video of me cutting up the Esso Card after I clearly filmed the card details prior to destroying it. This way, Pump King can’t claim my card has been used since this video has been recorded. 

WillDeBeast replied on 09/03/2019 21:49

Posted on 09/03/2019 21:49

The other worrying thing is I changed my card details over a month ago, 6 debits later and it is still being taken from the wrong account although it shows the 2nd card on the card details page !

I agree, that is very concerning.

rambling robin replied on 10/03/2019 06:43

Posted on 10/03/2019 06:43

GDPR Right to Erasure

What is the right to erasure?
Under Article 17 of the GDPR individuals have the right to have personal data erased. This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.

When does the right to erasure apply?
Individuals have the right to have their personal data erased if:

• the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which you originally collected or processed it for;
  • you are relying on consent as your lawful basis for holding the data, and the individual withdraws their consent;
  • you are relying on legitimate interests as your basis for processing, the individual objects to the processing of their data, and there is no overriding legitimate interest to continue this processing;
  • you are processing the personal data for direct marketing purposes and the individual objects to that processing;
  • you have processed the personal data unlawfully (ie in breach of the lawfulness requirement of the 1st principle);
  • you have to do it to comply with a legal obligation; or
  • you have processed the personal data to offer information society services to a child.

jodieandmeg replied on 10/03/2019 07:57

Posted on 10/03/2019 07:57

I too have been bombarded with text messages, every couple of seconds they come through. I have had to switch my phone off to stop them, which is not ideal. I too went onto their web site to cancel my account and found the same, couldn't delete my personal data. I have read a post from Club admin that this has now been sorted (text messages) but I am still getting them. Will be interesting to read their announcement Monday morning, I do hope it has been resolved. I contacted Pump-King via e-mail, but I'm still awaiting their reply.

Surfer replied on 10/03/2019 09:33

Posted on 10/03/2019 09:33

Firstly I think that we all need the reassurance that our data has not been compromised.

Secondly we need to know the process that needs to be followed as per the GDPR legislation to have our details permanently removed from the Pump King organisation and all other third party organisations to which our details have been passed on by Pump King Ltd and we need the assurance that the process has been completed.

Thirdly according to Pump King T&Cs;

9.Amendments

9.1These Terms and Conditions can only be amended if Pk Fuel Limited so agrees in writing by posting a notice on its website and / or by email notification to the Cardholder. Pk Fuel Limited will notify the Cardholder of any changes to these Terms and Conditions with 15 days' such prior written notice

Has any one ever had notification that the T&Cs have changed?

Lastly reggrding third parties needs clarification;

10.Third Parties

10.1 These  Terms and Conditions are between Pk Fuel Limited and the Cardholder. No one other than the Cardholder and Pk Fuel Limited (and Pk Fuel Limited successors and permitted assignees) shall have any right to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions.

10.2 Pk Fuel Limited may transfer its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another organisation.  The Cardholder may only transfer their rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another person with Pk Fuel Limited's prior written consent.

The above questions have been asked previously but PK Ltd and the CMC have avoided answering them.

Rufs replied on 10/03/2019 09:37

Posted on 10/03/2019 09:33 by Surfer

Firstly I think that we all need the reassurance that our data has not been compromised.

Secondly we need to know the process that needs to be followed as per the GDPR legislation to have our details permanently removed from the Pump King organisation and all other third party organisations to which our details have been passed on by Pump King Ltd and we need the assurance that the process has been completed.

Thirdly according to Pump King T&Cs;

9.Amendments

9.1These Terms and Conditions can only be amended if Pk Fuel Limited so agrees in writing by posting a notice on its website and / or by email notification to the Cardholder. Pk Fuel Limited will notify the Cardholder of any changes to these Terms and Conditions with 15 days' such prior written notice

Has any one ever had notification that the T&Cs have changed?

Lastly reggrding third parties needs clarification;

10.Third Parties

10.1 These  Terms and Conditions are between Pk Fuel Limited and the Cardholder. No one other than the Cardholder and Pk Fuel Limited (and Pk Fuel Limited successors and permitted assignees) shall have any right to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions.

10.2 Pk Fuel Limited may transfer its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another organisation.  The Cardholder may only transfer their rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another person with Pk Fuel Limited's prior written consent.

The above questions have been asked previously but PK Ltd and the CMC have avoided answering them.

Posted on 10/03/2019 09:37

of course you are right but i am afraid this is like flogging a dead horse

Navigateur replied on 10/03/2019 09:47

Posted on 10/03/2019 09:47

. . . and only applies in parts of the world that implement GDPR.

I wonder if anyone has yet been defrauded other than the occasional double-charging of a sale?

brue replied on 10/03/2019 10:49

Posted on 10/03/2019 10:49

I would imagine those who've used the card will have their details retained for accounting purposes. Anyone who is worried about their debit card details itself being retained would just need to cancel with their bank and ask for a replacement. I am not inferring the transactions are unsafe.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook