Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

WillDeBeast replied on 10/03/2019 11:19

Posted on 10/03/2019 09:47 by Navigateur

. . . and only applies in parts of the world that implement GDPR.

I wonder if anyone has yet been defrauded other than the occasional double-charging of a sale?

Posted on 10/03/2019 11:19

Sooner or later, someone is going to lose a card, or have it cloned.

It's not clear what the limit of your liability is then.

WillDeBeast replied on 10/03/2019 11:37

Posted on 18/01/2019 16:37 by RowenaBCAMC

Hi everyone, The My Esso Card website has been unavailable temporarily due to site maintenance and during this time has defaulted to the Pump King website.  Please note you can still access your My Esso Card account by visiting https://pump-king.co.uk/welcome and can continue to use your My Esso Card. 

PK Fuel Limited and My Esso Card apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Posted on 10/03/2019 11:37

Really?  I think we all know that its never coming back up!

I realise that Rowena is in a difficult position, but statement like this erode trust in this offer, and in the club as a whole.

WillDeBeast replied on 10/03/2019 11:47

Posted on 05/02/2019 16:49 by RowenaBCAMC

Hi Surfer,

Pump King Fuel Card, PK Fuel Limited and Caravan and Motorhome Club DO NOT store your data when registering for a Pump King fuel Card.  This is managed by Braintree Payments Limited (a subsidiary of PayPal) Braintree Payments is a Level 1 PCI DSS compliant service provider meeting industry standards and guidelines.

Learn more about Data Security here. Find out more www.braintreepayments.com.

Posted on 10/03/2019 11:47

I'm content with braintree being used as the payment engine, but it seems extremely unlikely that PK are not retaining any personal data.

Even if PK do not retain debit card numbers, they are clearly retaining email and phone numbers.  Probably addresses too.

Tinwheeler replied on 10/03/2019 11:56

Posted on 10/03/2019 11:56

The thought that the whole scheme was little more than a data gathering exercise was voiced near the beginning of the thread. 

Milesy replied on 10/03/2019 12:07

Posted on 10/03/2019 09:47 by Navigateur

. . . and only applies in parts of the world that implement GDPR.

I wonder if anyone has yet been defrauded other than the occasional double-charging of a sale?

Posted on 10/03/2019 12:07

Does being charged on a card other than the one listed count as fraud ?

Ok it was the original one I signed up with but have been and amended details a few times and it shows the correct numbers of card to be debited but they debit the wrong card !

Emails seem to make no difference to them, and I would like to know which club officials set this up, and what the club or the officials get from it ? 

A bit more transparency is needed I do think and a proper statement from the club stating their involvement in all this. 

WillDeBeast replied on 10/03/2019 12:11

Posted on 10/03/2019 12:11

I had been hanging on to my card, hoping that PK would get their house in order.  I've decided that's unlikely in the near future and have cancelled my card/account.

If PK get things like this wrong, I have very limited faith in their ability to protect my personal data.

My trust in the club has also been severely dented.  Not just for promoting the deal (we all make errors of judgement from time to time) but for failing to get under the skin of some very serious issues.

Watendlath replied on 10/03/2019 13:05

Posted on 10/03/2019 13:05

Can Rowena, Laura, Tolga or anyone else involved with this card and PumpKing give a CAST IRON GUARENTEE that when the account is closed ALL data held by PK and others the data is shared with have destroyed all that data and it will not be used for any purpose?

I have emailed PK numerous times and yet to get an answer!

Rufs replied on 10/03/2019 13:09

Posted on 10/03/2019 11:56 by Tinwheeler

The thought that the whole scheme was little more than a data gathering exercise was voiced near the beginning of the thread. 

Posted on 10/03/2019 13:09

really, i would like to know how many people can PROVE that they have had unsolicited emails/texts or what ever since they lodged their personal info with PK, I certainly have not, apart from the many txts yesterday that were clearly a software glitch, and how many have had their bank hacked. Terrible promotion and yes the club should be ashamed, but there is a lot of fake information being banded around, like i dont recognise your statement above and being a card holder I have followed this post closely, but i am always open to being proved wrong.  

Tinwheeler replied on 10/03/2019 13:18

Posted on 10/03/2019 13:18

You may not recognise it, Rufs, but I remember it.

Btw, I haven’t said there was any substance to the idea.

Surfer replied on 10/03/2019 13:33

Posted on 10/03/2019 13:09 by Rufs

really, i would like to know how many people can PROVE that they have had unsolicited emails/texts or what ever since they lodged their personal info with PK, I certainly have not, apart from the many txts yesterday that were clearly a software glitch, and how many have had their bank hacked. Terrible promotion and yes the club should be ashamed, but there is a lot of fake information being banded around, like i dont recognise your statement above and being a card holder I have followed this post closely, but i am always open to being proved wrong.  

Posted on 10/03/2019 13:33

Although I cannot prove it, after joining Pumpkin and within two weeks there was a definite increase in the amount of spam email into my Inbox and it was not the usual drivel about making things bigger. 

It is also an email address I only use for companies which I think are well known and reputable.  The email address used was not the same one as the one used for logging into the CC website.  Coincidence?

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook