Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Mark Weir replied on 09/03/2019 18:10

Posted on 09/03/2019 18:10

There was a discussion this morning entitled Pump-King text messages addressing the text spamming this morning. Why was the discussion locked after 13 posts?

Moderator Comment - The thread was closed for two reasons, firstly it was posted in the wrong place and secondly we prefer to keep all posts on the same subject under one main heading, as in this thread here. This forum only has a limited number of moderators so we can;t be on hand 24/7, unfortunately this risks posts being made before we can get to them to take action. Whilst closed the original thread is still visible with the invitation to continue the discussion here.

Mark Weir replied on 09/03/2019 18:15

Posted on 09/03/2019 18:15

The Pump-King website was also down this morning sounds a little more serious than a rogue texting provider. Can we please gain confirmation no personal data was comprimised in this incident?

Tinwheeler replied on 09/03/2019 18:58

Posted on 09/03/2019 18:10 by Mark Weir

There was a discussion this morning entitled Pump-King text messages addressing the text spamming this morning. Why was the discussion locked after 13 posts?

Posted on 09/03/2019 18:58

Probably because this is the thread where the Esso card is being discussed and posts were appearing in both threads, plus the old Shell thread, causing confusion. (That’s why I posted the link in the other threads.)

I’m guessing, mind, as I’m not party to the moderators' thoughts.πŸ˜€

PS. It was also in the section for non-hobby related chat.

Tinwheeler replied on 09/03/2019 19:10

Posted on 09/03/2019 18:58 by Tinwheeler

Probably because this is the thread where the Esso card is being discussed and posts were appearing in both threads, plus the old Shell thread, causing confusion. (That’s why I posted the link in the other threads.)

I’m guessing, mind, as I’m not party to the moderators' thoughts.πŸ˜€

PS. It was also in the section for non-hobby related chat.

Posted on 09/03/2019 19:10

PPS. There is a reason given by the mod in the opening post.πŸ‘πŸ»

JVB66 replied on 09/03/2019 19:16

Posted on 09/03/2019 19:16

It was extremely disconcerting when the texts  started as I was driving to Norfolk on the A47 and ignored the first ,but when they continually kept coming I thought one of the family ,had a problem and was trying to contact ,as they knew  signal at the site where we are staying is not very contactable but texts will always get through, and stopping places are scarce on the A47,so it was a bit fraught until we found a safe stopping placeyell

WillDeBeast replied on 09/03/2019 19:28

Posted on 09/03/2019 18:15 by Mark Weir

The Pump-King website was also down this morning sounds a little more serious than a rogue texting provider. Can we please gain confirmation no personal data was comprimised in this incident?

Posted on 09/03/2019 19:28

Hmm.  Both the caravan club and PK pretended that the myessocard website was 'down for maintenance', rather than telling the whole story.  What makes us think they'd tell us the full story if there was a major breach?  Or to put it another way, if they assured you that all was well, would you believe it?  Would PK be competent enough to know if they'd been hacked?

I want to trust PK because I like saving money, but there is no way I'm givng them my new debit card details until the service is running well and I'm sure my details are secure.

GJac replied on 09/03/2019 20:07

Posted on 09/03/2019 20:07

The website wasn't just "down" - it had disappeared which was very worrying.  

My gripe was when I went to register online for the fuel card (after recommendation from Club employee at Feb NEC show ) 3 weeks ago, I entered my name, address, phone number and email address.  However, when I discovered the only option of card payment was a debit card, I exited from the registration process.  There was no option to delete the personal details I had already entered which did worry me at the time.  

And so today.....a deluge of texts.  Surely breaking all GDPR requirements as my personal details have obviously been stored by PK?

replied on 09/03/2019 20:27

Posted on 09/03/2019 20:27

Having been inundated with over 40 texts today from PK I have come to the conclusion that these people are not competent to manage my details.

On accessing the website to cancel my account I find that even if I cancel my account they keep my information with no way on the site to get them Deleted User (read small print in attached picture).

So, can someone from the Club Admin explain under GDPR rules, how do I contact PK to get my data Deleted User.

Navigateur replied on 09/03/2019 21:07

Posted on 09/03/2019 21:07

there have been problems with the third-party text deployment service used to notify users of next week’s fuel prices which may have resulted in multiple text messages being sent to some users.

May?

MAY??

M A Y ? ?

M  A  Y  ? ? ?

Is no-one listening out there?  It definately HAS!

Milesy replied on 09/03/2019 21:15

Posted on 09/03/2019 21:15

I had 69 texts today from pk in total, phone has never seen so much action!

The other worrying thing is I changed my card details over a month ago, 6 debits later and it is still being taken from the wrong account although it shows the 2nd card on the card details page !

I wonder why the club still promote such a hash up ? Who in the club organised this and put the shambles in place with their endorsement and branding ( it does have camc on the card). 

The price they are now quoting is above anything including Esso in this area, and I know I don't have to use it but it has been a work of art over the marketing of this, perhaps they want to get into politics !

And to quote an average price and saving over 5 years, really ! How about someone from the club publishing these figures for us all to see and work it out for ourselves ? But then please have only been a UK company for a few months so how do they get 5 years figures ?

Too many questions and not enough clarity coming forwards from anyone.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook