Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Tinwheeler replied on 05/03/2019 15:22

Posted on 05/03/2019 15:10 by lornalou1

just stating a fact that she's very slow at answering any thread on the forum. just my observation. innocent

Posted on 05/03/2019 15:22

Don’t blame Rowena. Blame her bosses.

WillDeBeast replied on 05/03/2019 15:39

Posted on 05/03/2019 15:05 by lornalou1

more chance of getting a reply from heaven than Rowena. undecided

Posted on 05/03/2019 15:39

This feels uncalled for.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 05/03/2019 15:44

Posted on 05/03/2019 15:44

This thread has legs👍🏻. . .’Son of Sun/Deps’ only another 8K+ to go😂😂

SeasideBill replied on 05/03/2019 20:39

Posted on 05/03/2019 15:10 by lornalou1

just stating a fact that she's very slow at answering any thread on the forum. just my observation. innocent

Posted on 05/03/2019 20:39

This is forum, not a helpline. If you want member assistance then contact the club directly. I did and I got a result. Personal slights are unhelpful and unnecessary. I’m sure the Club isn’t exactly relishing it’s involvement in this fiasco.

Am I the only one who is fed up with this tedious, never ending discussion? I got out of this debacle weeks ago. I can’t understand why so many people continue with the pain. The whole scheme is obviously a shambles, my advice is get your PKF account Deleted User via club officials and move on!

Milesy replied on 05/03/2019 21:06

Posted on 05/03/2019 21:06

I am doing quite well with the Esso card, it is working well. I draw fuel, recepit posted a bit later, on the pump king site, approved next to it, no problem you would think. 

Only thing is it isn't being taken from my payment card or bank account ! They have been told by email, useless trying to phone. 

So anyone had any unusual money going out of their account ?? 

dennisps replied on 05/03/2019 21:12

Posted on 05/03/2019 21:12

I filled up and used the card on Tues 26 Feb, so one week ago today... no emails of Pump King receipt, and nothing on the website under my account! And no money taken from my account yet!

How long does it normally take for things to appear!?

Surfer replied on 06/03/2019 09:28

Posted on 05/03/2019 20:39 by SeasideBill

This is forum, not a helpline. If you want member assistance then contact the club directly. I did and I got a result. Personal slights are unhelpful and unnecessary. I’m sure the Club isn’t exactly relishing it’s involvement in this fiasco.

Am I the only one who is fed up with this tedious, never ending discussion? I got out of this debacle weeks ago. I can’t understand why so many people continue with the pain. The whole scheme is obviously a shambles, my advice is get your PKF account deleted via club officials and move on!

Posted on 06/03/2019 09:28

No one is forcing you to read this thread.  You did so of your own free will.

Rowena has gone into hiding as she is the one that has to take all the flak.  However instead of hiding maybe she should answer some the questions regarding the misleading statements in her first post that started this thread. 

I stress that Rowena was only repeating what she had been told by Pumpkin and her bosses so no one is blaming her however she should be on this thread to answer many questions.

Firstly the misleading statement about the guaranteed average saving.  Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.  We have have to send off a copy of the receipt to Pumpkin to show if we were able to buy the fuel cheaper than than the Pumpkin price. 

Secondly the misleading statement that on average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. How was that calculated as it seems the average saving is now closer to 3p instead of 5p?

Thirdly the misleading statement that there are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  Considering we were threaten with fees etc because they tried to double dip plus in the current T&Cs there is an illegal processing fee of £75 if there is a hassle with the debit

Fourthly to launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel! Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw. Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

We registered our card in November and the prize draw should have taken place shortly after 31 December 2018, but no one has been notified that the draw has even taken place.

Lastly we have the issue of the T&Cs being constantly changed and no one being updated regarding the changes.  Will we ever be notified by Pumpkin of the changes to the T&Cs 

It would be nice if Rowena responded to the above questions as they have been asked many times previously in numerous posts.

JVB66 replied on 06/03/2019 09:41

Posted on 06/03/2019 09:28 by Surfer

No one is forcing you to read this thread.  You did so of your own free will.

Rowena has gone into hiding as she is the one that has to take all the flak.  However instead of hiding maybe she should answer some the questions regarding the misleading statements in her first post that started this thread. 

I stress that Rowena was only repeating what she had been told by Pumpkin and her bosses so no one is blaming her however she should be on this thread to answer many questions.

Firstly the misleading statement about the guaranteed average saving.  Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.  We have have to send off a copy of the receipt to Pumpkin to show if we were able to buy the fuel cheaper than than the Pumpkin price. 

Secondly the misleading statement that on average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. How was that calculated as it seems the average saving is now closer to 3p instead of 5p?

Thirdly the misleading statement that there are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  Considering we were threaten with fees etc because they tried to double dip plus in the current T&Cs there is an illegal processing fee of £75 if there is a hassle with the debit

Fourthly to launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel! Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw. Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

We registered our card in November and the prize draw should have taken place shortly after 31 December 2018, but no one has been notified that the draw has even taken place.

Lastly we have the issue of the T&Cs being constantly changed and no one being updated regarding the changes.  Will we ever be notified by Pumpkin of the changes to the T&Cs 

It would be nice if Rowena responded to the above questions as they have been asked many times previously in numerous posts.

Posted on 06/03/2019 09:41

I would think that Rowena is as frustrated as most of us by the what seem complete lack of anything positive from either those who she reports to, and those who were conned into accepting this shambles that has affected it seems quite a few members of this organisation and looking on line at other organisations in the same situation

Ps and remember CT is only part of Rowenas  job descriptionwink

RowenaBCAMC replied on 06/03/2019 12:28

Posted on 06/03/2019 12:28

Hi everyone, 

Apologies for not replying since Friday afternoon. I've had a couple of days off and only back in the office today. Just to clarify, I will always do my utmost to respond where I can. I don't always know the answers so it might take awhile to reply and I apologise for this but please be assured I am doing my utmost to get responses to people where I can and help wherever possible including reporting back to colleagues where issues have been posted to ask for this to be investigated urgently. 

I have spoken to my colleague this morning and can advise the below:

With regards to the prize draw, the prize draw has taken place as planned and individual winners have been contacted. 

We can confirm that the Terms and Conditions on the website are current and correct. During the transition from My Esso card to Pump King the Terms and Conditions needed to be amended as they had reverted back to an older version. This work was completed a few weeks ago. 

With regards to using your card in Europe, you will save the transaction or exchange rate charge in Europe but not the price off the pump as you do in the UK. As prices are not the same in the UK, Pump King would have to provide alternative prices to you. This may be a development for the future and we will keep you updated with any news. 

Please note, as referred to on all communications, the 5p and 8p is an average saving. This is based on 5 years price comparison. On some occasions you will save more and some you will save less. You will have a fixed price from Pump King each week so you can decide whether to use and this is sent via text message every week.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion. smile 

Surfer replied on 06/03/2019 13:47

Posted on 06/03/2019 13:47

Thank you Rowena for your post as it goes a long way towards answering some questions.

Isn't it mandatory that when T&Cs are changed that subscribers should be notified and given the opportunity to agree to the new T&Cs or reject them them and leave?  This has never happened and in our case the original T&Cs from November should still be in place for us and many others as we joined in November 2018.

Pumpkin was only founded in April 2018 so not sure how they managed to come up with the average over 5 years?  Currently over the past 5 weeks the average saving has been 0.03p.

One thing that we find strange is that since we signed up to this card the amount of UK spam mail has increased significantly.  These are genuine companies, but we have never ever had any contact with them and have been trying to find out whether my email details have been passed on to a third party.  The email address used for pumpkin is one that I seldom use and is not the same as the one I use for the CC.  Maybe this is coincidence? 

We have decided that we will not be using the card until things have settled down as the 3p saving is not worth the hassle!  

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook