Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Surfer replied on 03/03/2019 11:22

Posted on 03/03/2019 10:21 by Popty 51

Hi all, last week the text from Pump-King (the ESSO card) stated the weekly price for diesel was £1.269, however my local ESSO garage had diesel at the pump price of £1.259, I mistakenly used my ESSO card & was charged the £1.269 & NOT the pump price, so no savings this time, wont make that mistake again, will shop around in future.

Posted on 03/03/2019 11:22

As per Rowena's post send the receipt off to Pump king and they should credit you with £0.01pm for every litre bought.  However this is a hassle so most people will probably not bother as they know communication with Pumpkin is zero!

StumpyLC replied on 03/03/2019 11:58

Posted on 03/03/2019 11:58

I was keen to join up with Pump King after seeing the potential savings quoted up to 8p / litre - that's 36p / gallon in old times!

Well what a disappointment - they are sending text prices each week since I joined in December after having all my personal details.

These process they quote have averaged 4p to 6p a litre more expensive than my local independent garages and supermarkets.

I use Super Unleaded in my Golf that does 34mpg - doing 500 miles a week, if I use my Pump King card, that is going to cost me £4 a week or £200 per year more on average than Tesco or Sainsburys!!! 

No saving - so please be aware its not what it seems and the club should be aawre of these false claims.  Unsubscribed and card cut up.

Surfer replied on 03/03/2019 12:08

Posted on 03/03/2019 11:58 by StumpyLC

I was keen to join up with Pump King after seeing the potential savings quoted up to 8p / litre - that's 36p / gallon in old times!

Well what a disappointment - they are sending text prices each week since I joined in December after having all my personal details.

These process they quote have averaged 4p to 6p a litre more expensive than my local independent garages and supermarkets.

I use Super Unleaded in my Golf that does 34mpg - doing 500 miles a week, if I use my Pump King card, that is going to cost me £4 a week or £200 per year more on average than Tesco or Sainsburys!!! 

No saving - so please be aware its not what it seems and the club should be aawre of these false claims.  Unsubscribed and card cut up.

Posted on 03/03/2019 12:08

I never knew that Tesco or Sainsbury sold Super or Premium unleaded?

JohnM20 replied on 03/03/2019 12:14

Posted on 02/03/2019 20:06 by Shockabilly

What an absolute joke this Esso Card lark is...it was promoted on the basis of 5p-8p savings per litre for card holders, well as far as I can make out I've saved absolutely nothing & been charged as per the pump prices...I've binned it!

Posted on 03/03/2019 12:14

What would be very interesting would be to know the data and formula used by Pump-King and/or the CaMC to make the suspiciously very inaccurate claim that "On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel."

There isn't a great deal of difference in price between one Esso station and another from what I can ascertain other than on motorways of which, in the whole of the UK, it would appear that there are only 15 Esso stations. I'm sure very few of us would use a motorway by choice to fill up. Based on this week's pricing, what is the highest saving to be made - excluding using motorway sourced fuel. Mine is £0.027 per litre on standard diesel. That is only about half the promoted "average". Yes, it's a saving if there is no hassle but a long way from what we were led to expect.

lornalou1 replied on 03/03/2019 14:30

Posted on 02/03/2019 13:15 by 4Star

Whether I decide to use it or not is to be seen but it would be nice to actually receive one of these cards. I've been waiting since 6th December and have not had either the first card or the replacement despite account confirmation and emails and texts to say that the card is on it's way. Reporting the lack of card by email is met by silence. I'd be a fool to use the card if it does arrive based upon this performance. It has been administered by a complete shower!

Posted on 03/03/2019 14:30

have they got your correct address as could have been posted and sent somewhere else. just a thought. worth checking.

lornalou1 replied on 03/03/2019 14:37

Posted on 02/03/2019 13:27 by dennisps

Assuming that there are 300,000ish cards issued to club members, then isn't it something like a 1/500 chance that 3 sequential digits on the card will match up with 3 sequential digits in the pin that you are given (assuming that the pin is randomly generated). So, we could expect there to be 600 cards out there where 3 digits are shown, and also about 30 cards where there is an exact match. Of course, my maths might be completely wrong!

Certainly my pin doesn't match 3 digits on the card.

Having said that, it should be possible to change the PIN number!

Posted on 03/03/2019 14:37

yes but how many credit/debit cards are there around the world and all using just 4 digits equated to probably millions that are the same.

lornalou1 replied on 03/03/2019 14:48

Posted on 03/03/2019 11:58 by StumpyLC

Posted on 03/03/2019 14:48

then what's the problem, just keep using Tesco and Sainsburys. nobody ever said you will save money over the supermarket price only the Esso pump price. I've saved money when using Esso fuel but wouldn't expect to save when using Shell fuel.

WillDeBeast replied on 03/03/2019 16:05

Posted on 03/03/2019 12:08 by Surfer

I never knew that Tesco or Sainsbury sold Super or Premium unleaded?

Posted on 03/03/2019 16:05

They do.  I filled up my mx-5 with Sainsbury super/premium unleaded yesterday.

But Asda and Morrison do not sell super/premium unleaded AFAIK.

4Star replied on 03/03/2019 17:41

Posted on 03/03/2019 14:30 by lornalou1

have they got your correct address as could have been posted and sent somewhere else. just a thought. worth checking.

Posted on 03/03/2019 17:41

Thanks, that's a fair point which could have been confirmed if they ever bothered to answer emails. Part of the confirmation of acceptance would surely be to confirm debit card billing address. Plus, first line of their T&Cs -  Address of CAMC member must match the address to where the fuel membership card will be sent. I have never not received membership cards, travel docs or Club Magazines. Your point is worth raising though.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook