Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

dennisps replied on 02/03/2019 13:27

Posted on 02/03/2019 09:34 by JohnM20

Whilst many of us appear to have 75% of our pin numbers embossed onto our card there are also a few who claim their number is NOT on their card. If this is the case, have PK realised the error of their ways and supplied later cards without the number? I think those of us with the number on their cards should be supplied with a replacement card.

We all know that we will get no response from PK so perhaps Laura or Rowena will come to our rescue or is that asking too much?

Posted on 02/03/2019 13:27

Assuming that there are 300,000ish cards issued to club members, then isn't it something like a 1/500 chance that 3 sequential digits on the card will match up with 3 sequential digits in the pin that you are given (assuming that the pin is randomly generated). So, we could expect there to be 600 cards out there where 3 digits are shown, and also about 30 cards where there is an exact match. Of course, my maths might be completely wrong!

Certainly my pin doesn't match 3 digits on the card.

Having said that, it should be possible to change the PIN number!

WillDeBeast replied on 02/03/2019 13:42

Posted on 02/03/2019 13:25 by Navigateur

+1 exactly!

The automated response to the "replacement card" e-mail number 2 comes from zendesk.com. So there is another finger already in the pie.

Posted on 02/03/2019 13:42

That's actually good news, as it means PK are using a proper customer service tracking tool.  MUCH better than them simply having an email client.

However, it'll only be as good as the configuration, training and staffing.

Shockabilly replied on 02/03/2019 20:06

Posted on 02/03/2019 20:06

What an absolute joke this Esso Card lark is...it was promoted on the basis of 5p-8p savings per litre for card holders, well as far as I can make out I've saved absolutely nothing & been charged as per the pump prices...I've binned it!

redface replied on 02/03/2019 21:55

Posted on 02/03/2019 21:55

Would 'our' club be so kind as to comment on all this?

Particularly relating tothe evidence provided by Shockability

JVB66 replied on 02/03/2019 22:07

Posted on 02/03/2019 21:55 by redface

Would 'our' club be so kind as to comment on all this?

Particularly relating tothe evidence provided by Shockability

Posted on 02/03/2019 22:07

When having a look on line it is not just  cc members that have been having problems with this promotion,  but it seems members of other "clubs/organisations that have become involved, are having the same problemsundecided

Surfer replied on 03/03/2019 08:51

Posted on 02/03/2019 20:06 by Shockabilly

What an absolute joke this Esso Card lark is...it was promoted on the basis of 5p-8p savings per litre for card holders, well as far as I can make out I've saved absolutely nothing & been charged as per the pump prices...I've binned it!

Posted on 03/03/2019 08:51

When the card is swiped at the service station you will not see the discount however when your account is debited you will then see the discount!

WillDeBeast replied on 03/03/2019 09:03

Posted on 02/03/2019 20:06 by Shockabilly

Posted on 03/03/2019 09:03

You should be charged the rate that was sent to you in the text.  That may be higher or lower than the pump price.

The receipt you get at the filling station will show the pump price - but that's largely irrelevant - look at your receipts on the pump-king site to see what you've really been charged.

WillDeBeast replied on 03/03/2019 09:57

Posted on 03/03/2019 09:03 by WillDeBeast

You should be charged the rate that was sent to you in the text.  That may be higher or lower than the pump price.

The receipt you get at the filling station will show the pump price - but that's largely irrelevant - look at your receipts on the pump-king site to see what you've really been charged.

Posted on 03/03/2019 09:57

Forgot to say, this isn't how I'd expected the card to work.  I'd expected to be able to use the PK card at any Esso garage and relax in the knowledge that I'd be charged the lower of the fixed price or (pump price - 1p).  This idea of paying by having the check the price, pay by separate means and then send an image of the receipt to PK is clunky and poor.

Popty 51 replied on 03/03/2019 10:21

Posted on 03/03/2019 10:21

Hi all, last week the text from Pump-King (the ESSO card) stated the weekly price for diesel was £1.269, however my local ESSO garage had diesel at the pump price of £1.259, I mistakenly used my ESSO card & was charged the £1.269 & NOT the pump price, so no savings this time, wont make that mistake again, will shop around in future.

JVB66 replied on 03/03/2019 10:35

Posted on 03/03/2019 10:21 by Popty 51

Hi all, last week the text from Pump-King (the ESSO card) stated the weekly price for diesel was £1.269, however my local ESSO garage had diesel at the pump price of £1.259, I mistakenly used my ESSO card & was charged the £1.269 & NOT the pump price, so no savings this time, wont make that mistake again, will shop around in future.

Posted on 03/03/2019 10:35

You should have been charged 1p a litre less than the pump price with your card according to the TCs ,

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook