Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Peter Johnson replied on 28/02/2019 17:52

Posted on 28/02/2019 17:52

Just checked prices at my nearest filling station on the A5 in Shrewsbury (an Esso outlet) and the PK savings today are 6p a litre for regular diesel and 10p for premium diesel. Still not as cheap as Asda if I do a five mile round trip further into town. But as I like to fill up with premium occasionally to give my camper van's engine a clean up - as recommended by Honest John - using the PK card is a money-saving option for me as Asda doesn't offer premium fuel. 

My first top up in Shrewsbury last week using the PK card has gone through our bank account OK at the discounted price and no evidence yet of double dipping. The shambolic introduction of this scheme was appalling. Hopefully things are now working for those of us who never got one of the original cards and simply have one of the latest batch. But it's early days yet and it will take time to build confidence among club members.

Wanderer19TB replied on 28/02/2019 18:05

Posted on 28/02/2019 18:05

Filled up my motorcycle last weekend with premium 97 .Saved 11p a litre , just had e mail to confirm price on this new card. Used the old card twice on the car and this worked. However card not used for standard petrol no saving.

Shires999 replied on 28/02/2019 20:47

Posted on 28/02/2019 15:57 by StevieMcC

I needed cheering up today, so thought I'd have a go with one of my newly issued cards.  I fill up at Esso regardless, so armed with a new card, and after checking the registration was all in order on the website - checked the pin was still the same as that embossed on the card tongue-out and away I went.  Β£112 diesel in the tank and handed over the card with a wry smile... no surprise, yet another non-acceptance!  So card number 3 consigned to the shredder!

As a side note, I have requested (via the club, as pk don't acknowledge or reply to any communication), a copy of the data that was used to derive the claimed average savings of 5p / 8p per litre, as based on everything I've experienced myself and read on this site, there is nobody getting that level of saving, and the claimed average means there must be far more getting in excess of those levels.

I'd better not hold my breath though!!

Posted on 28/02/2019 20:47

The PIN is not on the card. Well not on mine anyway. It's only viewable on the website after logging in.

TheTallGuy replied on 28/02/2019 21:07

Posted on 28/02/2019 21:07

So after my slightly ranty post yesterday, what happened to pop through the letter box today but a nice shiny orange Esso card! laughing

Registering the card seems to have gone fine, and there are no hints of the new PIN embossed on the face of the card (but spookily it is an anagram of the old one - putting that down to coincidence!)

Next step is to actually try a fill-up and see if the card is accepted....

(and consider whether to change my payment card details to a credit card - one step at a time)

Justus2 replied on 01/03/2019 06:03

Posted on 28/02/2019 17:08 by MJ730

Just checked my last use of the card and discounted price has been taken from my credit card not the debit card originally used.So far still works for me.

Mike 

Posted on 01/03/2019 06:03

Thanks for the info. very useful. I've just Deleted User my debit and replaced it with a credit card on the PK site. Far better for me and how it should have been from day one.

Alanj76 replied on 01/03/2019 12:59

Posted on 01/03/2019 12:59

My new card arrived about a week ago I plucked lup courage this morning and tried new pin guess what it was wrong pin again what a waste of time there must be only a handful of members it works for.  it took lady on the till to get it cancelled,think I’ll ring bank to make sure nothing goes through.

MJ730 replied on 01/03/2019 14:34

Posted on 28/02/2019 17:50 by

Check debit card account again tomorrow.

Posted on 01/03/2019 14:34

Just checked and nothing taken from debit card

Mike

RowenaBCAMC replied on 01/03/2019 15:29

Posted on 28/02/2019 12:35 by WillDeBeast

I don't know that the 1p was ever in the contract that PK published. but it is certainly on the 'Terms and Conditions' section at the bottom of this page https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/membership/member-offers/fuel-card/

Posted on 01/03/2019 15:29

Hi everyone,

In the event that the Esso forecourt price is cheaper than the Pump King price, please retain your receipt and email a copy to customer.service@pump-king.co.uk. Pump King will credit you 1p per litre to your account. 

JVB66 replied on 01/03/2019 15:35

Posted on 01/03/2019 15:35

After 3 emails to pump king asking where the promised £5 "credit was to be shown on my account and 3 replies that their accounts dept had been asked to chase up ,there is still no sign of the  £5  yell

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 01/03/2019 16:17

Posted on 01/03/2019 15:35 by JVB66

After 3 emails to pump king asking where the promised Β£5 "credit was to be shown on my account and 3 replies that their accounts dept had been asked to chase up ,there is still no sign of the  Β£5  yell

Posted on 01/03/2019 16:17

I’ve got a £fiver I’m not using JV if things have got a little tight at chez JV, I’ll throw in a box of food too if it’ll helpπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ». Hey, I’m there for you😎

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook