Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

dennisps replied on 06/03/2019 17:44

Posted on 05/03/2019 21:12 by dennisps

I filled up and used the card on Tues 26 Feb, so one week ago today... no emails of Pump King receipt, and nothing on the website under my account! And no money taken from my account yet!

How long does it normally take for things to appear!?

Posted on 06/03/2019 17:44

To answer my own question, I got the receipt through from Pump King today for the transaction last Tuesday, so took just over a week for that to get processed!

TheTallGuy replied on 06/03/2019 21:47

Posted on 06/03/2019 21:47

My experience so far:

- Following my lament on this thread last week the card coincidentally (finally!) arrived the next day;

- I was able to register the card straight away, and get my new PIN (which bore no resemblance to anything on the card);

- I tried it out on Saturday by drawing 25 litres; after a couple of unsuccessful swipes by the cashier the card was accepted, and my new PIN worked;

- he did insist on a reg. no & mileage, which I provided;

- the email receipt arrived this morning, for the anticipated amount (no. of litres x PK price), and appears on my PK account.  It's broken down as a VAT invoice, but the overall amount is correct;

- I can see the amount on my bank account as a pending transaction, to be debited tomorrow.

As such it's a case of 'so far so good'. I'll be keeping an eye out for any double-dipping, and I'm annoyed at both having to wait over two months for the card, and subsequently (as revealed above) missing out on the prize draw, but now I have the card the system seems to work.

I could have saved a further penny per litre by going to Asda, but that would have been slightly out of my way, and I'd have had to wait another hour for it to open - not worth it for 25p.

Next step is to try replacing my registered debit card with a credit card, and seeing how that goes.

Hope the system is starting to work for others, and that it continues to settle down smile

Jim007 replied on 07/03/2019 13:54

Posted on 07/03/2019 13:54

Got my card a few days ago and tried it on Sunday keeping the receipt to check as mentioned by others. Yesterday I got my bill and they have charged me more than the pump price!

I've emailed them asking for a refund but not hopeful.

I think the club should at  warn everyone they might be getting overcharged by using this offer!

WillDeBeast replied on 07/03/2019 14:09

Posted on 07/03/2019 13:54 by Jim007

Got my card a few days ago and tried it on Sunday keeping the receipt to check as mentioned by others. Yesterday I got my bill and they have charged me more than the pump price!

I think the club should at  warn everyone they might be getting overcharged by using this offer!

Posted on 07/03/2019 14:09

You might think that the statement " In the unlikely event that the forecourt fuel prices are cheaper than the Pump-King fuel prices, members are guaranteed to save a minimum of 1 pence per litre on any fuel type." would mean that you would always get the best price by using your PK card. 

But it seems that you have to check the pump price against the PK price and decide whether the use the PK card or not.

Goldie146 replied on 07/03/2019 16:51

Posted on 07/03/2019 13:54 by Jim007

Posted on 07/03/2019 16:51

But how much have they taken from your bank account, or have you not checked that yet?

Peter Johnson replied on 07/03/2019 17:06

Posted on 07/03/2019 17:06

Update on my PK experience. My second fill-up payment has gone through OK at discounted price and no double dipping. The saving at my local Esso in Shrewsbury is still  6p/10p for regular/premium diesel this week.

So it’s working fine for me so far and the discount matches up to the claims.

I might add that I didn’t give mileage or reg. Just tell the person on the counter that you don’t need it when they ask. I used to have fuel cards for work use. Filling in mileage/reg is optional depending on the rules for your personal card.

baileyvanman replied on 07/03/2019 22:14

Posted on 07/03/2019 22:14

Driven through the Stalybridge area of Tameside today. I passed an Esso garage and noticed the petrol and diesel prices differed by only a penny. Petrol was 117.9 and diesel 118.9. I was so surprised  I commented on it to my wife. Once passed the garage I looked in my mirror and the price for traffic coming the other way was 117.9 petrol and 128.9 diesel!

Perhaps even Esso aren't sure what to charge for their fuel!! 

JVB66 replied on 08/03/2019 15:43

Posted on 08/03/2019 15:43

On checking my bank account when we were in Pboro shopping and there is a credit of £5 from PK fuels surprisedcool

Jim007 replied on 08/03/2019 15:49

Posted on 07/03/2019 16:51 by Goldie146

But how much have they taken from your bank account, or have you not checked that yet?

Posted on 08/03/2019 15:49

They have taken the amount that they billed me ie more than they should have!

I sent them an email but they have not yet responded.

Reading their appalling Trustpilot reviews it looks like the the armed forces have removed them from their benefits

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook