Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Watendlath replied on 08/03/2019 17:00

Posted on 08/03/2019 17:00

PRIVACY POLICY - important! Rowena please read and action.

After two weeks and 4 emails I still don't have a response from PK confirming that they have destroyed old card details, so I decided to check out the privacy policy using the address contained within their T&Cs which we are assured are up to date.

The address is http://pump-king.co.uk/pump-king-privacy-policy.pdf

What do you see? Not a privacy policy but some spurious screen web screen - for some reason this forum will not allow a copy function from the screen so I cant show it!

If we can't access the privacy policy ourselves can I ask Rowena to look into this and tell us when the privacy policy is visible or at least a copy of that policy posted on the thread.

4Star replied on 08/03/2019 18:00

Posted on 08/03/2019 18:00

60 working days after original account confirmation and my card has been delivered! Now need to pluck up the courage to try it out. Minimum spend obviously.

carol61love replied on 08/03/2019 18:35

Posted on 05/03/2019 21:12 by dennisps

I filled up and used the card on Tues 26 Feb, so one week ago today... no emails of Pump King receipt, and nothing on the website under my account! And no money taken from my account yet!

How long does it normally take for things to appear!?

Posted on 08/03/2019 18:35

Our first one took 3 weeks to come out, last one was out in a week.

WillDeBeast replied on 08/03/2019 18:37

Posted on 08/03/2019 18:25 by Watendlath

Thanks WillDeBeast. The address I quoted was a straight copy/paste from the T&Cs. The difference is the capitalisations. Why am I not surprised it was not straightforward.

Rowena - no need to do anything, thanks. 

Posted on 08/03/2019 18:37

Just PK doing their usual bang-up job of testing!

I found it using the google site: search - it's a really useful tool! https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&q=site%3Apump-king.co.uk

Linksdale replied on 08/03/2019 20:09

Posted on 08/03/2019 20:09

In view of all the bad experiences and 100’s of adverse comments on this forum I feel obligated to record my own experience. I used my card for the first time on 4/3, invoice received  6/3, payment hit the bank 7/3 so no complaints with that. There are no supermarket fuel outlets within 11 miles of my home and only two petrol stations in my town, a BP and luckily enough, an ESSO. This weeks prices are --  BP £1.40, Esso £1.46, Pump King £1.35. ∴ My savings on 47ltrs were £2.70 v BP and £5.33 v Esso. Fingers crossed it continues.

Tarmyn replied on 09/03/2019 09:28

Posted on 09/03/2019 09:28

Haven’t received Esso fuel prices for this coming week ,has anyone got them ?Is there anywhere online to check them.

Navigateur replied on 09/03/2019 11:05

Posted on 09/03/2019 11:05

Just came through now. Three times - all the same.  Pretty good going as I still do not have a card from applying early December.

At £1.26 for diesel I could make a profit buying from Asda and selling it on at their rate!

UPDATE: In time it took to type this post it has sent another twice, so FIVE SMS messages in total - so far!

Now six!  Beats "Double dipping" the bank account!

Shall I press send or wait a few seconds more?

Glad I waited - now SEVEN

Justus2 replied on 09/03/2019 11:08

Posted on 09/03/2019 11:08

Ive just had FIVE texts telling me the prices.. and counting !!!! Hahahaha !

Now SIX ... you gotta love the efficiency eh ???? LOL 

Eight !!!! 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook