Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

dennisps replied on 27/02/2019 15:49

Posted on 27/02/2019 15:21 by Pathfinder

i too have a discrepancy with pump king offer see below 

the very first top up using the card 

I have the till receipt for £58.17 and they debited my account for £58.35 

Rory Spurway (Pk Fuel Limited)

Feb 12, 16:46 WET

As you are aware Pump King My Esso Card operates on weekly fixed prices.

The rate of saving is an average across teh whole country but will vary from fuel station to fuel station as they charge different prices.

Occsaionally a station will be charging at the same or slightly lower than the Pump King fixed weekly price. Customers are advised to check the forecourt price agaisnt the Pump King price for the week before making purchases, and to pay by alternative means if necessary, so that they are not disadvantaged.

Regards,

Rob

Posted on 27/02/2019 15:49

I filled up last night and used the card. The use of the card was on the basis of saving 1p on the pump price, as the current Pump-King price is more than the pump price at my local Esso. I will keep a close eye on what I am charged. I think the Club needs to comment on this, as they are saying we will save "a minimum of 1 pence per litre"!

WillDeBeast replied on 27/02/2019 17:34

Posted on 27/02/2019 17:34

So to sum up the current situation...

• I'm no longer clear what Ts&Cs apply (they've changed several times without the proper notice)
  • The weekly price seems less competitive
  • Some people are finding their PINs seem insecure, and the PIN cannot be changed
  • The card seems to be valid across Europe, but the terms of that are not clear
  • and now the caravan club promises of 'a minimum saving of 1p on pump price' are not being met.

replied on 27/02/2019 17:47

Posted on 27/02/2019 17:47

and now the caravan club promises of 'a minimum saving of 1p on pump price' are not being met.

Seems worse than that Jim. Yes life but not as we know it!

baileyvanman replied on 27/02/2019 17:48

Posted on 27/02/2019 17:48

Sounds like a job for trading standards to me!

Whilst I seriously considered signing up for this offer around 5/6 weeks ago I am soooo glad I didn't. My commiserations to those members who have signed up and are now, err....less than happy about the offer.

Interesting to note, in the latest CC magazine there doesn't appear to be any adverts for this shambolic offer. Have the Club management finally taken notice of the 1200+, mainly negative postings on this thread and taken action? 

Heaven help us if ever a force of 'van and MH eating Martians invaded our world and we turned to the Club for advice on protecting our assets. Methinks there would be a lot of bloated and overstuffed Martians about before we got a response from the Club!wink

Peter Johnson replied on 27/02/2019 19:21

Posted on 27/02/2019 19:21

As a first time contributor to this forum, although a CAMC member for several years, I feel it's worth telling people about my practical experience with this scheme. I was admittedly dubious after applying for a fuel card shortly after Christmas and being one of the thousands of members who didn't get one. The many doom-laden comments on this forum made me even more concerned. 

But after the chaotic launch, it appears Pump-King have got their act together. My card finally arrived in the week starting February 18 (I think a day later than promised) and it was a simple matter to activate it through my account on the PK website. I topped up with premium diesel  on February 23 at my local Esso station in Shrewsbury which had a pump price 10p a litre higher than last week's PK price of £1.348 sent weekly to my phone.  My receipt was for £71.67. I received an email from PK showing a grand total of £66.67 and this is confirmed in the my account section of the website. So a decent saving and thankfully the system appears to be working, at least for me so far.

I have just returned from a holiday in Cornwall having filled up today with regular diesel for the journey home. That Esso filling station had a 2p a litre cheaper pump price than most I saw in Cornwall but this week's PK price of £1.269 was another 4p cheaper still. This was a saving of just under £3 for a tank full of regular. I can't compare with supermarket prices because my home Sainsburys has closed its filling station for refurbishment and I didn't see any supermarket filling stations in Cornwall. 

Tinwheeler replied on 27/02/2019 19:50

Posted on 27/02/2019 19:50

"…I didn't see any supermarket filling stations in Cornwall."

What! Are you sure it was Cornwall you visited? 😁😯

Peter Johnson replied on 27/02/2019 20:11

Posted on 27/02/2019 19:50 by Tinwheeler

"
I didn't see any supermarket filling stations in Cornwall."

What! Are you sure it was Cornwall you visited? 😁😯

Posted on 27/02/2019 20:11

No we didn’t see one! We were coastal path walking on the Roseland Peninsula. But I think we could have filled up at Sainsburys if we had driven to the western side of Truro.

But my point is that Rowena’s claimed savings on her opening entry to this discussion seem to be borne out by my practical experience. It’s early days but my  Esso card experience is positive. I got a decent discount and the PK system seems finally to be working properly. I will be back on if things go belly up.

Tinwheeler replied on 27/02/2019 20:21

Posted on 27/02/2019 20:21

"No we didn’t see one! We were coastal path walking on the Roseland Peninsula. But I think we could have filled up at Sainsburys if we had driven to the western side of Truro."

Or a choice of two supermarkets if you'd gone to the slightly closer St Austell. What is thin on the ground in Cornwall is Esso garages which is part of the reason I haven’t applied for a card and, although you might be happy, I’m very pleased to have escaped the hassle incurred by others.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook