This forum

Milothedog replied on 02/11/2016 16:55

Posted on 02/11/2016 16:55

I have just returned to caravaning after a 25+ year break and have now done our first trip. I started using CT to ask a few questions and have had some great help from some members, Thank you for the help.

I must say though that there seems to be a few on here that are quite intolerante of newbies to the point of rudeness.in my opinion.and this is very off putting, I think in every post (apart from my introduction one) I have participated in there has been at least one reply relating to my post which I feel is just dam rude/arrogant.

Not too sure I will continue on here at the moment?

Just how I see it ?

Wherenext replied on 02/11/2016 17:12

Posted on 02/11/2016 17:12

Like most things in life, Milo, the minority end up spoiling it for the majority. There are indeed one or two on CT who appear to be rude but in the main it is a good source of information and most participants are friendly and helpful. Just turn the other cheek would be my advice.

Vicmallows replied on 02/11/2016 18:43

Posted on 02/11/2016 18:43

It is also very interesting to observe the difference that annonymity engenders.

The C&CC forum reguires the use of real names, and (so far) everything is conducted in a polite and cordial manner.

huskydog replied on 02/11/2016 18:46

Posted on 02/11/2016 18:46

It is also very interesting to observe the difference that annonymity engenders.

The C&CC forum reguires the use of real names, and (so far) everything is conducted in a polite and cordial manner.

Maybe with the C&CC there is just not enough members posting , the other night there were only 3 members on line ,and one of those was meSurprised

Pliers replied on 02/11/2016 18:51

Posted on 02/11/2016 18:51

I have just returned to caravaning after a 25+ year break and have now done our first trip. I started using CT to ask a few questions and have had some great help from some members, Thank you for the help.

I must say though that there seems to be a few on here that are quite intolerante of newbies to the point of rudeness.in my opinion.and this is very off putting, I think in every post (apart from my introduction one) I have participated in there has been at least one reply relating to my post which I feel is just dam rude/arrogant.

Not too sure I will continue on here at the moment?

Just how I see it ?

Ian, please keep posting. I've had wonderful advice from other CT members via this forum, also friendly chats and a bit of banter. Just ignore the posts you don't like!

johndailey replied on 02/11/2016 19:07

Posted on 02/11/2016 19:07

Keep reading and posting Milo. The majority on here are very helpful and seem to be good decent people.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 02/11/2016 19:14

Posted on 02/11/2016 19:14

MTD, look at it from this angle-how many posters seemed supportive/were positive/gave good advice?, compare them to the 'neg(s)' CT is not unique in the Trolls it attracts. Ignore the negs & rejoice in the positives. Keep on keeping on, that way you winHappy. By bailing you reduce the positivity that can be posted.

Vicmallows replied on 02/11/2016 19:22

Posted on 02/11/2016 19:22

Maybe with the C&CC there is just not enough members posting , the other night there were only 3 members on line ,and one of those was meSurprised

Yes, very true.  It is difficult to know whether annonimity is a factor in that or not.  Certainly the number of forum members has  grown a lot recently, but this hasn't translated into active contributers, perhaps because of this.

One thing I have noticed - and disapprove of - is a tendency to post the identical query on both CC and C&CC at the same time.  (Fair enough to ask on one, and if no satisfactory reply received, then post on the other a few days later).

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook