How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

papgeno replied on 02/05/2022 18:29

Posted on 01/05/2022 18:48 by Pliers

Looking as though you might be swapping spots with your pals from Leeds, next season, Rog. βš½οΈπŸ™‚βš½οΈ

Posted on 02/05/2022 18:29

That would be a result made in heaven Pliers. A post from one of your club employees who is loosely related by marriage was tagged on Facebook on Saturday  from Elland Road I nearly replied saying surely you mean Bellend Road 😑

Town’s unlikely win at Coventry means we can’t finish lower than fourth now so we’re assured of a home second leg. However I’m pretty sure that Town have never won a home leg in the playoffs ever and we’ve been in a few.

Having said that this team have laid quite a few ghosts to rest this season so we won’t rule anything out.

UTT Rog

Oneputt replied on 03/05/2022 09:01

Posted on 03/05/2022 09:01

Well, we’ve managed to maintain our record of the most relegated team from the PL.  I can’t see anyone beating our 6 demotions any time soon

Pliers replied on 03/05/2022 19:05

Posted on 03/05/2022 09:01 by Oneputt

Well, we’ve managed to maintain our record of the most relegated team from the PL.  I can’t see anyone beating our 6 demotions any time soon

Posted on 03/05/2022 19:05

Chin up, Oneputt. I’m sure the canaries will soon be back. πŸ™‚

⚽️⚽️⚽️

Pliers replied on 04/05/2022 09:06

Posted on 03/05/2022 22:01 by nelliethehooker

Now that 'pool have made it to the final will you be joining them, Pliers?

Posted on 04/05/2022 09:06

Doubt it, to be honest. It’s a big ask to get it good result there, but, fingers crossed…..πŸ€žπŸ™‚βš½οΈ

papgeno replied on 04/05/2022 18:03

Posted on 04/05/2022 18:03

Think of the amount the Canaries will have made in prize money per promotion and the parachute payments for each relegation £££££££

Talking of money I renewed our three season tickets the other day, spent the thick end of £700.

Even if we don’t get promoted it’ll still be far and away the cheapest tickets in the Championship next season my ticket works out at just £13 per match and those of the SIL and GS were even cheaper πŸ˜€

UTT Rog

Pliers replied on 05/05/2022 13:52

Posted on 05/05/2022 13:52

That’s really good value, Rog, especially for next season’s Premier League games 🀞.

A pal who watches Town was telling me that Town have promised to hold season ticket prices for three years for those who kept them during lockdown, He’s well pleased .πŸ™‚

As for City, we didn’t go to the match, we’ve been to Real 3 times already and have seen all the main sights of Madrid. But watching it on TV last night, we went from “should have gone” to  “glad we didn’t bother” in the space of 10 mins. 😱

Another big game on Sunday, not good for the nerves!

βš½οΈπŸ™‚βš½οΈ

papgeno replied on 06/05/2022 17:01

Posted on 06/05/2022 17:01

That result must have been very painful. It’s one thing to know you’re going lose  well before full time but to be turned over in added time is something else entirely.

With regard to season tickets you’re right the club made a price promise to hold prices for three years for anyone who renewed during the pandemic. Even without that our prices are extremely reasonable . I was reading that a non league team like Bradford Park Avenue charge £14 on the gate for home matches, and at a National League team like Notts County it would cost you £20 to get in.

Hopefully we be watching football in the greedy league for peanuts next season although personally I’m not fussed if we don’t get promoted. This season has been excellent so far.

UTT Rog

moulesy replied on 07/05/2022 17:38

Posted on 07/05/2022 17:38

Wow! What an afternoon!  For the first time in over 50 years I haven't been to watch The Gas all season, one of a group of supporters who pledged not to go while we had a manager who came in with 2 assault charges hanging over him and showing complete disrespect for the staff and players he inherited. (Our ticket money has been going to the supporters club to finance the junior teams and development squad instead.)

But now I have to eat humble pie and admit that Joey Barton, along with all the players he brought in have done the job and on an unbelievable last day of the season we've made it back into League 1. (I suppose it would be churlish to say that we should never have lost our place last year!)

And what a way to do it,  turning round a 5 goal deficit to overcome Northampton who were ahead of us on goal difference. And to think that at New Year we were 17th and looking at a possible return to the National League.

So, happy days! And yes, Joey, I admit I was wrong and look forward to many trips back to The Mem next year! smilesmilesmilesmile

Pliers replied on 07/05/2022 18:15

Posted on 07/05/2022 18:15

Fantastic result, Moulesy πŸ™‚

And, as a Man City fan who had to tolerate Joey Barton’s somewhat strange behaviour when he played for us, I never thought for one minute that he could ever manage anything.
Very wrong 😱 Enjoy next season βš½οΈπŸ™‚βš½οΈ

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook