How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

ABM replied on 09/04/2022 21:17

Posted on 06/04/2022 18:18 by Wherenext

I actually think Simeone hates football. The man must be a joy to have around the dinner table at Christmas.undecided

Hope no-one in this country employs him.

Posted on 09/04/2022 21:17

With all due respect, WN, I think he might get along quite well at Crewe  --  T'Alex aint seen football in a coon's age   cry

( Brian really must stop watching these Westerns on telebox  )

richardandros replied on 10/04/2022 07:28

Posted on 10/04/2022 07:28

Well after some pretty dire results at home, this season, I was amazed that the Tigers won at Middlesbro' yesterday.  What a resultsmile

Although the local pundits are now saying that they are safe in the Championship this season, that's a bit premature - but on the other hand the chances of Barnsley winning all their next six games is a bit of a pipe dream (I hope!)

Let's see what the summer transfer window bringssmile

Pliers replied on 10/04/2022 20:26

Posted on 10/04/2022 20:26

Fantastic game today, some brilliant football from both sides, could have gone either way, right up to the final whistle.

Same again, next Saturday, but at Wembley this time. Expect Denham Club site might be lively 🙂⚽️🙂.

papgeno replied on 10/04/2022 23:15

Posted on 10/04/2022 23:15

Commiserations Brian that dastardly second season syndrome got the Alex good and proper.

ABM replied on 15/04/2022 16:35

Posted on 12/04/2022 22:29 by ABM

And it's done Artell no favours either ~~  Very sad end to his first managerial post

Posted on 15/04/2022 16:35

At least he can share his Easter Eggs with That Gentle Man from Burnley  wink

Pliers replied on 15/04/2022 22:10

Posted on 15/04/2022 22:10

We’re at Denham Club site for the FA Cup semi finals this weekend.

As expected, lots of others here for exactly the same. Great atmosphere and banter 🙂🙂🙂

Any other CT people going to Wembley for the games?

⚽️⚽️⚽️

papgeno replied on 16/04/2022 09:37

Posted on 16/04/2022 09:37

We might be there later if we can negotiate the play off semis, assuming that we manage to stay in the top six. Thats a lot of assumptions and given the way we played yesterday it’s not a given.

Town we’re second best all over the park again and lucky to get a point after leading twice and being pegged back twice. An absolute contrast to Monday night when they beat a decent Luton side in a match which descended in to a nasty affair after Luton’s top scorer missed a penalty. A weak referee had obviously left his red card at home!

City might struggle to win this one Pliers.

ITT Rog

Pliers replied on 16/04/2022 19:59

Posted on 16/04/2022 19:59

Just back at the ‘van, after the FA Cup semi final at Wembley.

Dissapointing result, but after gifting the Dippers 3, 1st half goals, a 3 : 2 result seemed almost respectable….🤔

Photo is the view from our seats, upper tier, good value.

Anyway, good luck to Liverpool in the final. 🙂

Rog, hope you get to the play off final, and when you do, I can certainly recommend Denham Club site to make a short break. It’s about a mile from the site to Denham station, trains 3 times an hour to Wembley Stadium, or into central London.

⚽️🙂⚽️

ABM replied on 16/04/2022 22:03

Posted on 16/04/2022 22:03

Just recovering from the shock of the year 'cos t'Alex  did not just crawl away & crystalize as some expected ! Instead they saw fit to ruin Wimbledon's Easter Egg Hunt !!

Seems almost as if the lads were playing for their jobs next season.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook