How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

papgeno replied on 13/03/2022 18:53

Posted on 12/03/2022 19:45 by nelliethehooker

I see the Lions and the Robins did you a big favour today, Rog. For the 9 teams below you there's still a lot to play for, with only 4 points separating them. Although that could change tomorrow depending on the Hatters/QPR result.

Posted on 13/03/2022 18:53

Yes the Lions v Boro result in particular was very useful. QPR are well in the mix after their match today and we have to play them and the Hatters at home so two more massive six pointers.

The match at Millwall won’t be easy though and a point will be a good result I think 

Come on you Terriers

UTT Rog

papgeno replied on 15/03/2022 12:49

Posted on 15/03/2022 12:49

The match against Millwall tomorrow night just got a whole lot tougher. I’ve just discovered that the referee will be the same incompetent who chalked off a perfectly good goal and denied us not one, not two but three cast iron penalties against the Blades a few weeks ago.

I can’t pretend to understand why the EFL though it a good idea to send him all the way from his home on the Isle of Wight to West Yorkshire for that. He’ll be much nearer home tomorrow.

UTT Rog🀞

papgeno replied on 17/03/2022 09:28

Posted on 17/03/2022 09:28

Well all good things come to an end πŸ˜’ Town were beaten by the better team. Both goals scored by a player we had on loan from Arsenal 10 years ago. He was a raw 17 year old then and I’ll bet Stoke are wishing they hadn’t loaned him to Millwall.

Onwards to Saturday and another massive match. The ground should be pretty full, they’re selling a seat anywhere in the stadium for a tenner.

UTT Rog

papgeno replied on 17/03/2022 20:50

Posted on 17/03/2022 20:50

Huddersfield Town football club never cease to amaze me. I’ve just watched a short video in which the club have  promoted their latest community initiative .

The club have created a special inclusion room in one of the boxes in the family stand which can be used to enable families with special needs children to come to the match, something they might not have been able to do in the past.

They have taken the box next door and adapted it for wheelchair use, including replacing the windows which look onto the pitch to give an unrestricted view. The head of supporter services thinks it’s the best view in the stadium .

One of the players who has a sibling with special needs is really chuffed because his parents will now be able to come to matches, and one of the coaching staff with a child in similar circumstances is also very pleased.

Well done HTAFCπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Takethedogalong replied on 19/03/2022 17:20

Posted on 19/03/2022 17:20

Up the BoroπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ we’re off and playing. All gate receipts are going to support UkraineπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

papgeno replied on 25/03/2022 12:20

Posted on 25/03/2022 12:20

Town were second best all over the pitch last Saturday. This always seems to happen when there is a cheap ticket promotion to try and fill the stadium.

Pliers replied on 06/04/2022 00:25

Posted on 06/04/2022 00:25

Just back from the CL game v Atletico Madrid.

Photo is the pre match “display” πŸ€”, and the game wasn’t much better!
2nd leg will not be easy. Neither will the big game on Sunday.

Not good for the nerves πŸ™‚βš½οΈπŸ™‚

Wherenext replied on 06/04/2022 18:18

Posted on 06/04/2022 00:25 by Pliers

Just back from the CL game v Atletico Madrid.

Photo is the pre match β€œdisplay” πŸ€”, and the game wasn’t much better!
2nd leg will not be easy. Neither will the big game on Sunday.

Not good for the nerves πŸ™‚βš½οΈπŸ™‚

Posted on 06/04/2022 18:18

I actually think Simeone hates football. The man must be a joy to have around the dinner table at Christmas.undecided

Hope no-one in this country employs him.

papgeno replied on 08/04/2022 21:37

Posted on 08/04/2022 21:37

Back down to earth and squeaky bum time in the Championship.

Luton are the visitors to the JSS on Monday night ( thanks for nothing Sky).

This triggered a memory from the dim distant past. I remember watching a cup final between Luton and Nottingham Forest when  one of the Forest wingers broke his leg, this was before the days of substitutes.

Just goes to show how the memory plays tricks. I though that the player’s name was Len white and Luton went on to win against the ten men of Forest.

I googled it and discovered that the player was actually Roy Dwight and Forest held on to win 2-1. Mind you it was 1959πŸ€“

It’s a big 6 pointer on Monday

UTT Rog🀞🀞🀞

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook