How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

Takethedogalong replied on 01/03/2022 22:31

Posted on 01/03/2022 22:31

Yes🥳🥳🥳🥳 Quarter finals, bring it on. They were absolutely fantastic tonight, thoroughly out played Spurs. 

papgeno replied on 02/03/2022 14:01

Posted on 02/03/2022 14:01

Well done Boro. 
Having watched the Posh v City match I am really concerned that our unbeaten run will come to an end on Friday. I thought that the Posh played well and City found them difficult to break down until Mahrez came up with a bit of magic.

I was hoping that the match might go into extra time to tire a few legs but McCann rotated well and they’ll be raring to go. Hopefully they’ll run out of steam in the second half.

UTT Rog⚽️⚽️

Pliers replied on 02/03/2022 17:27

Posted on 02/03/2022 14:01 by papgeno

Well done Boro. 
Having watched the Posh v City match I am really concerned that our unbeaten run will come to an end on Friday. I thought that the Posh played well and City found them difficult to break down until Mahrez came up with a bit of magic.

I was hoping that the match might go into extra time to tire a few legs but McCann rotated well and they’ll be raring to go. Hopefully they’ll run out of steam in the second half.

UTT Rog⚽️⚽️

Posted on 02/03/2022 17:27

Totally agree, Posh played very well. Watch out for their speedy wing play and long throws🙂.

Enjoyed the game. Found the reception given to Oleksandr Zinchenko quite emotional. Every fan, ground stewards, police etc gave him a terrific ovation at the final whistle, never experienced anything like it before.

And, yes, we did have time to visit the wonderful cathedral, and found Catherine of Aragon’s burial place. Very low key, for an English queen, but I suppose that was the idea at the time.

Good luck for Friday, we’ve another big game on Sunday, getting nervous already. 😱

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Pliers replied on 02/03/2022 17:34

Posted on 01/03/2022 22:31 by Takethedogalong

Yes🥳🥳🥳🥳 Quarter finals, bring it on. They were absolutely fantastic tonight, thoroughly out played Spurs. 

Posted on 02/03/2022 17:34

Brilliant result🙂. Will be watching the draw for the 6th round with fingers crossed for a home tie against Boreham Wood⚽️⚽️⚽️

nelliethehooker replied on 03/03/2022 20:14

Posted on 03/03/2022 20:14

Home ties for the Championship teams in quarterfinals!!

'Boro v Chelsea....just what you wanted, tda?

Forest/Hudderfield v Liverpool.....not really the draw that you wanted, Rog!

Away again, Pliers, but you have missed the other big 2.

Pliers replied on 05/03/2022 20:23

Posted on 03/03/2022 20:14 by nelliethehooker

Home ties for the Championship teams in quarterfinals!!

'Boro v Chelsea....just what you wanted, tda?

Forest/Hudderfield v Liverpool.....not really the draw that you wanted, Rog!

Away again, Pliers, but you have missed the other big 2.

Posted on 05/03/2022 20:23

Yes, an interesting draw. Don’t think we’ll go to the match at Southampton, probably just watch it out TV.

But, we could always take the ‘van down and have a short break in Dorset, tempting…..🙂

nelliethehooker replied on 05/03/2022 20:40

Posted on 05/03/2022 20:23 by Pliers

Yes, an interesting draw. Don’t think we’ll go to the match at Southampton, probably just watch it out TV.

But, we could always take the ‘van down and have a short break in Dorset, tempting…..🙂

Posted on 05/03/2022 20:40

Sounds like a plan, albeit an expensive one the way fuel is going up.

Big match tomorrow, local derbies don't always go the way of form, so there must be some trepidation about the result.

papgeno replied on 06/03/2022 12:27

Posted on 04/03/2022 21:44 by nelliethehooker

And The Terriers go marching on....some charge this one. Will they be able to stay second in the table, do you think, Rog?

Posted on 06/03/2022 12:27

I’m not sure NTH, I know points on the board are good but Bournemouth have four games in hand and are only one point behind. In fact as soon as they step on the pitch if we’re not playing, they’re back above us on goal difference . On the plus side they did throw three points away yesterday and got the manager and a player sent off😀, and we’re still second for now.

The Posh looked a totally different team to the one which played you midweek Pliers. The match was over after 7 minutes  to all intents and purposes. Town went two up and then switched into game management mode. It was a very professional performance even adding a third in the second half, Peterborough didn’t have a shot on target until time added on!

We’ve a tough game at the City Ground tomorrow night but there’s a big incentive for both teams with a home tie against the dippers for the winners, fingers crossed we’re still unbeaten at a quarter to ten.

UTT Rog

Pliers replied on 06/03/2022 19:23

Posted on 05/03/2022 20:40 by nelliethehooker

Sounds like a plan, albeit an expensive one the way fuel is going up.

Big match tomorrow, local derbies don't always go the way of form, so there must be some trepidation about the result.

Posted on 06/03/2022 19:23

Brilliant performance in the 2nd half 🙂

City, tearing cockneys apart, again….⚽️⚽️⚽️

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook