How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

papgeno replied on 19/02/2022 20:53

Posted on 19/02/2022 20:53

Spot on Nellie. As you said it’s points on the board and many of the teams around us still have to play each other and  Fulham. However as  our manager said after the match, he’s not getting carried away with the league position because other teams still have matches to play.

UTT Rog

ABM replied on 19/02/2022 21:56

Posted on 19/02/2022 21:56

Don't think t'Alex will be flavour of the month on the south coast anymore since, after yesterdays and last nights rain the match officials waited 'til lunchtime today before having the ground checked over for soggy porridge yell of which I believe there was plenty !! Still it gave Portsmouth's coach drivers experience of the latest not so Smart motorways under foul conditions 

Pliers replied on 20/02/2022 09:35

Posted on 19/02/2022 20:53 by papgeno

Spot on Nellie. As you said it’s points on the board and many of the teams around us still have to play each other and  Fulham. However as  our manager said after the match, he’s not getting carried away with the league position because other teams still have matches to play.

UTT Rog

Posted on 20/02/2022 09:35

Off topic, but Town related.

On Man City’s “Blue Moon” fanzine, Town’s away kit was recently  voted the most beautiful football shirt ever see.

And who could argue, certainly not me ⚽️⚽️⚽️.

Wherenext replied on 20/02/2022 11:39

Posted on 19/02/2022 21:56 by ABM

Don't think t'Alex will be flavour of the month on the south coast anymore since, after yesterdays and last nights rain the match officials waited 'til lunchtime today before having the ground checked over for soggy porridge yell of which I believe there was plenty !! Still it gave Portsmouth's coach drivers experience of the latest not so Smart motorways under foul conditions 

Posted on 20/02/2022 11:39

Look on the bright side Brian. T'Alex didn't lose.

I see Kane gave a wonderful audition for the City number 9 job yesterday. Plays like a dork all season and then decides he better pull his finger out unless he'll be stuck with Totteringham.

ABM replied on 20/02/2022 19:21

Posted on 20/02/2022 11:39 by Wherenext

I see Kane gave a wonderful audition for the City number 9 job yesterday. Plays like a dork all season and then decides he better pull his finger out unless he'll be stuck with Totteringham.

Posted on 20/02/2022 19:21

Come on WN,  you know better than that ~~  There's absolutely NO Bright  side in Gresty Road these days  cry

Pliers replied on 20/02/2022 22:14

Posted on 20/02/2022 11:39 by Wherenext

Posted on 20/02/2022 22:14

Wow, Harry certainly put a shift in!

But I really enjoyed watching one of my favourite players, Son Heung Min, have a brilliant game. What an absolutely wonderful player.

It was freezing at the match, but you really can’t beat watching live sport at that level. 🙂⚽️🙂

ps, really love those Town away shirts……🙂⚽️🙂⚽️🙂 I worked in Huddersfield for years, at what was the ICI plant, so must be entitled to wear one….? 🙂

ABM replied on 20/02/2022 22:35

Posted on 20/02/2022 22:35

Must be entitled to wear one....?  smile

Not in Lancashire unless you work in an Intensive Care Suite Pliers sealed

papgeno replied on 21/02/2022 18:06

Posted on 20/02/2022 22:14 by Pliers

Wow, Harry certainly put a shift in!

But I really enjoyed watching one of my favourite players, Son Heung Min, have a brilliant game. What an absolutely wonderful player.

It was freezing at the match, but you really can’t beat watching live sport at that level. 🙂⚽️🙂

ps, really love those Town away shirts……🙂⚽️🙂⚽️🙂 I worked in Huddersfield for years, at what was the ICI plant, so must be entitled to wear one….? 🙂

Posted on 21/02/2022 18:06

Of course you can wear one. I was interviewed and accepted for a laboratory job at ICI back in the day but couldn’t pass the medical. They wouldn’t entertain anyone with allergies😱

I think I mentioned when the shirt came out it’s dedicated to the NHS and a donation was made for every one sold. I believe the light blue stripe references the light blue of the NHS logo. Normally Town wear it with matching dark blue shorts but in the last two away matches they’ve worn it with the home strip white shorts in an effort to make things better for supporters with Colour Vision Deficiency.

UTT Rog⚽️⚽️

nelliethehooker replied on 21/02/2022 20:15

Posted on 21/02/2022 20:15

Rog, great to read both that they are giving a donation to NHS, and that they must have listen to those supporters with CVD.

papgeno replied on 21/02/2022 22:55

Posted on 21/02/2022 22:55

Until I read about it I thought that it was only red and green that caused problems. The six nations match between Ireland and Wales was the example used in one report which I read. Apparently people who suffer from CVD also have a problem with blue.

Town’s third strip is a kind of very light blueish green shirts, described as mint, with the same coloured shorts. And this was a problem in the match against Derby County who play in white shirts and black shorts. So the club are taking this into account when deciding what combination of shirts and shorts to wear away from home.

The home kit is the traditional blue and white stripes and this year the shirt is a retro design to commemorate the fact that it’s 100 years since Town won the FA Cup. The names of the players in that team are embroidered inside the back of the neck just to add a bit of extra interest.

I can bore for England 😳

UTT Rog

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook