How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

papgeno replied on 08/03/2022 11:50

Posted on 08/03/2022 11:50

That’s what happens when you make six changes to a winning team. Clearly we’re prioritising the league, although we’ve another tough game on Friday against West Brom.

Overall the club are in good shape. The B team are through to the knockout section of one cup competition and the women’s team have got to the final of their cup. The women’s development team put 12 past a South Yorkshire team at the weekend.

It’ll only cost me a couple of quid to watch the B team tomorrow night so if it’s not too cold I’m pretty sure I’ll pop down.

UTT Rog

ABM replied on 08/03/2022 22:24

Posted on 08/03/2022 22:24

I wonder if t'Alex have started organising the season ticket prices for League 2 { Division 3 North as I remember it frown }

ABM replied on 09/03/2022 12:21

Posted on 09/03/2022 12:21

Hmmmm undecided,  had a chat with some neighbourly Alex Fans this morning and we are wondering if the defenders have been to a  "Covid Awareness Course"  recently, 'cos they certainly appear to be 'social distancing x2'  these days  frown

Pliers replied on 09/03/2022 23:36

Posted on 09/03/2022 23:36

Brilliant sound and light show, pre kick off, tonight.

However, that was the highlight, game was pretty boring. Through to the next round, so never mind. ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Takethedogalong replied on 10/03/2022 18:18

Posted on 10/03/2022 18:18

I had a dream last night. In my dream, Chelsea were banned from playing in the FA Cup, because of Mr Abramovich. So the FA said, hmm…..we think Middlesbrough ought to have a bye into the next round……….🤞🤞🤞🤣🙏🙏🙏

nelliethehooker replied on 10/03/2022 20:48

Posted on 10/03/2022 18:18 by Takethedogalong

I had a dream last night. In my dream, Chelsea were banned from playing in the FA Cup, because of Mr Abramovich. So the FA said, hmm…..we think Middlesbrough ought to have a bye into the next round……….🤞🤞🤞🤣🙏🙏🙏

Posted on 10/03/2022 20:48

Could just be wishful thinking, tda, but one never knows, as stranger things have happened. However reading the latest on the situation it seems that the game will go ahead.

ABM replied on 10/03/2022 22:21

Posted on 10/03/2022 22:21

Quite possible Nellie, but perhaps behind closed doors, almost like two years ago since they are not allowed to sell tickets any more undecided but tickets already bought [ season tickets etc ] can still be used.  Well that's my understanding at 10:20 pm ! , it might have changed or even altered by 07:00 Friday 11th sealedwink

papgeno replied on 12/03/2022 09:09

Posted on 12/03/2022 09:09

At this rate the Chelski  players will have to travel to away matches in their parents’ cars like they did when they were kids.

Town were undone by another awful referee last night. Cruising at two up thanks to two goals courtesy of the Baggies keeper the clown with the whistle was conned by one of the home team. Looking at the replay he’s gone for a ball on the edge of the box our lad has his foot a bit high but the West Brom player actually heads the ball then  goes down holding his head as though he’s been kicked in the face. That’s simulation and he should have been booked.

Ah well  as they say that’s football . The unbeaten run in the league goes on to 17 and it’s off to the lion’s den to face Millwall on Wednesday before a big six pointer with Bornmuff next Saturday 

UTT Rog

nelliethehooker replied on 12/03/2022 19:45

Posted on 12/03/2022 19:45

I see the Lions and the Robins did you a big favour today, Rog. For the 9 teams below you there's still a lot to play for, with only 4 points separating them. Although that could change tomorrow depending on the Hatters/QPR result.

ABM replied on 12/03/2022 21:04

Posted on 12/03/2022 21:04

Listened to the Sunderland V Crewe  game on Radio Stoke and it seems that 'Alex were a shade hard done by around the time of them conceding the first goal but Referees do have their own views on interpretation of "Time Wasting "

No further comments needed  I think  wink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook