How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

nelliethehooker replied on 11/05/2022 21:53

Posted on 10/05/2022 19:17 by Wherenext

"I am only going to say dis wonz Monsieur Nellie. Wrecks 'em are NOT my local team. U understand?"wink

I still wouldn't trust Joey Barton as far as he could throw himself Moulesy. Waiting for someone to give him a reason for pulling the pin out of the hand grenade. 

Posted on 11/05/2022 21:53

I did say "local" team, WN, not your team in the proper sense. However Stockport managed to win tonight, so it looks like the playoffs after all. Guess you wouldn't have been gracing them with your presence even if you had been home.

papgeno replied on 14/05/2022 12:01

Posted on 14/05/2022 12:01

All to play for at the JSS on Monday night now. I don’t know what happened to VAR but it seems it’s only for the final. I wonder if it’s something to do with state of Luton’s stadium. To say Kenilworth Road has seen better days would be the understatement of the century, perhaps they couldn’t fit the technology into such a small place!

I heard probably the silliest bit of punditry ever last night. Town could well have had a penalty within 15 seconds of kick off, but the ref bottled it. One the of the “experts” said it was probably too early in the game for the ref to give it. I didn’t know you had to have played a set amount of time before you could be awarded a penalty. Unbelievable Jeff! The ref was from the elite greedy league squad who seemingly are lost without VAR.

UTT Rog

nelliethehooker replied on 16/05/2022 21:50

Posted on 16/05/2022 21:50

Well you got the only goal, Rog, so Wembley bound, and find out tomorrow who you will play, although I guess Forest are favourites for that game.

Pliers replied on 16/05/2022 21:51

Posted on 14/05/2022 12:01 by papgeno

All to play for at the JSS on Monday night now. I don’t know what happened to VAR but it seems it’s only for the final. I wonder if it’s something to do with state of Luton’s stadium. To say Kenilworth Road has seen better days would be the understatement of the century, perhaps they couldn’t fit the technology into such a small place!

I heard probably the silliest bit of punditry ever last night. Town could well have had a penalty within 15 seconds of kick off, but the ref bottled it. One the of the “experts” said it was probably too early in the game for the ref to give it. I didn’t know you had to have played a set amount of time before you could be awarded a penalty. Unbelievable Jeff! The ref was from the elite greedy league squad who seemingly are lost without VAR.

UTT Rog

Posted on 16/05/2022 21:51

Get in ⚽️⚽️!
Wemberleeee, 🙂🙂🙂🙂.

Recommend the Club’s Denham site for a long weekend, with fast trains to the stadium station.

Enjoy.🙂⚽️🙂

papgeno replied on 16/05/2022 23:44

Posted on 16/05/2022 21:50 by nelliethehooker

Well you got the only goal, Rog, so Wembley bound, and find out tomorrow who you will play, although I guess Forest are favourites for that game.

Posted on 16/05/2022 23:44

Yes we were dreadful in the first half but the best team by far in the second.

The JSS was full to capacity and bouncing at the end. I didn’t know what the referee was doing at the end he came across to the tunnel before blowing and when I looked the back Lino from the far side wasn’t far behind him. Then I realised they had correctly predicted the pitch invasion which followed. 

Amazing scenes at the final whistle at least 5,000 people on the pitch.

Forest look favourites to join us at Wembley and I think they’re favourites for promotion as well, but you never know.

UTT Rog😄😄😄

papgeno replied on 16/05/2022 23:50

Posted on 16/05/2022 21:51 by Pliers

Get in ⚽️⚽️!
Wemberleeee, 🙂🙂🙂🙂.

Recommend the Club’s Denham site for a long weekend, with fast trains to the stadium station.

Enjoy.🙂⚽️🙂

Posted on 16/05/2022 23:50

Wasn’t a classic but good old Jordan Rhodes has still got the poacher’s instinct .

I haven’t seen the stadium that full since we were last in the greedy league. We’ll see if the Blades can turn it round tomorrow. If it is a Yorkshire derby then the last time we played them at Wembley it went to penalties and all 11 players from both sides took one with our keeper scoring and their keeper blasting over the bar. The shoot out took nearly as long as extra time.

UTT Rog⚽️⚽️⚽️

papgeno replied on 20/05/2022 09:03

Posted on 20/05/2022 09:03

Crivens, the M1 is going to be busy on Sunday week. I wasn’t looking forward to trying to book tickets on the infamous Ticketmaster web site after reading the nightmare stories on the Town fans forum, but once I had registered membership with the club’s website it was relatively uncomplicated. 

As the SIL has to work on the Monday taking the caravan down sadly isn’t an option, and since my other GS wants to go with us, we’re driving down to Islington where we can leave the car outside his house and thence on the Tube to Wembley. Not going down the M1 it’ll be the A1 for us.

UTT Rog

Pliers replied on 20/05/2022 20:28

Posted on 20/05/2022 20:28

“Crivens” 🙂, not heard that since I worked in scenic Grangemouth! 
Good luck, and enjoy the game. Your grandsons will certainly love the Wembley trip.
Big game for City on Sunday, v the Seals. (picked that one up from a Baggies fan I worked with some years ago). 
Had a good season, whatever happens…..🙂⚽️🙂

papgeno replied on 21/05/2022 17:20

Posted on 20/05/2022 20:28 by Pliers

“Crivens” 🙂, not heard that since I worked in scenic Grangemouth! 
Good luck, and enjoy the game. Your grandsons will certainly love the Wembley trip.
Big game for City on Sunday, v the Seals. (picked that one up from a Baggies fan I worked with some years ago). 
Had a good season, whatever happens…..🙂⚽️🙂

Posted on 21/05/2022 17:20

That is a new one. We’ve always called them Aston Vanilla.

Living in London my eldest grandson  goes to Wembley quite a lot. For some reason he’s into boxing .He was at the very first Cup final there and I gave him some brass to buy an extra programme to keep pristine as I thought it might become a collector’s item.

The youngest one was there for Town’s last appearance five years ago but this year should be a bit special, he’s just recovering slowly from long covid which has kept him away from the JSS for most of the season. He managed to go to the home leg of the semifinal and that was his first match since the start of the season 

I’m sure we’ll have a good day out, I’m not confident of a win however 

UTT Rog

Wherenext replied on 23/05/2022 17:41

Posted on 23/05/2022 17:41

Well done to Man City and Pliers who must be "over the Blue Moon."

They did make it hard for themselves though. Must have been a nervous 70 minutes or so.

Good luck to the Terriers.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook