How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

Pliers replied on 24/05/2022 11:23

Posted on 23/05/2022 17:41 by Wherenext

Well done to Man City and Pliers who must be "over the Blue Moon."

They did make it hard for themselves though. Must have been a nervous 70 minutes or so.

Good luck to the Terriers.

Posted on 24/05/2022 11:23

Good Heavens, don’t they put you through it. 😱  
Played some brilliant football all season, then were awful on the final day. A bit like how we managed to blow it in the cup competitions. πŸ€”
Never mind….  
Philippe Coutinho had a vey good game, best player on the pitch by far. 
Good luck to Town, and to the Dippers in their very big game.  
We’re booked on the ferry to Santander, Friday evening, hopefully will get to watch some sport in the bar. 
βš½οΈπŸ™‚βš½οΈ

papgeno replied on 24/05/2022 13:07

Posted on 24/05/2022 13:07

Well done City. My OH’s family were all City fans they’d be well chuffed.It looked as though Gerard’s lot had done the dippers a big favour but three goals in six minutes to turn the match round is true class πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thanks for the “ good luck “ wishes and UTT

Rog⚽️⚽️⚽️

papgeno replied on 27/05/2022 14:17

Posted on 27/05/2022 14:17

Just thought I’d mention that the club chairman, his wife and 11 other supporters set off on their bikes yesterday to cycle to Wembley to raise money for a memorial garden at the JSS for a young Town fan who sadly passed away a couple of months ago after a long fight with cancer.

Also it’s a big double header this weekend, the Huddersfield Giants are at the Tottenham stadium tomorrow in the Challenge Cup final.

”What little town is emptied of its folk this pious morn?”

Hopefully this bit doesn’t come true “ and little town thy streets forever more will silent be, for not a soul to tell why thou art desolate can e’er return”

UTT Rog πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Wherenext replied on 27/05/2022 21:01

Posted on 27/05/2022 21:01

I'm never sure when a Grecian Urn is mentioned whether I'm thinking of Keats or Morecambe.undecidedsmile

Good luck to the Town but as a club that was favoured with fighting relegation at the beginning of the season it will have been an exceptional one whatever happens.

papgeno replied on 28/05/2022 11:57

Posted on 27/05/2022 20:15 by nelliethehooker

Hope you all return singing and dancing in celebration, Rog.

Posted on 28/05/2022 11:57

Thanks however I’m not sure I’ll be singing or dancing having driven there and back, especially with a 4-30 kick off (well done Sky🀬)

If it goes to extra time and penalties it’ll probably be the early hours before we get back.

papgeno replied on 28/05/2022 12:05

Posted on 27/05/2022 21:01 by Wherenext

I'm never sure when a Grecian Urn is mentioned whether I'm thinking of Keats or Morecambe.undecidedsmile

Good luck to the Town but as a club that was favoured with fighting relegation at the beginning of the season it will have been an exceptional one whatever happens.

Posted on 28/05/2022 12:05

You’re right it’s a quotation from Keats’ Ode on a Grecian Urn. I’m not sure about  Morecambe did he get the right words but in the wrong order.

You’re also spot on it’s been an excellent season and I’m not over fussed if we don’t go up. However if you believe in omens, Town were widely tipped to be relegated five years ago, and the underdogs against Reading, and look what happened πŸ˜„

Win or lose hopefully we’ll have a good day out.

UTT Rog

Wherenext replied on 28/05/2022 13:03

Posted on 28/05/2022 13:03

"What does a Grecian Urn?"

"I don't know. What does a Grecian Urn Eric?"

"About 5 drachma per hour Ern."

Not quite up to Keats' level and not much funnier either.😁

ABM replied on 29/05/2022 18:47

Posted on 29/05/2022 18:47

Well according to BBC Sport the 'Urn' that Forest picked up will be worth about 170 MILLION  to them money-mouth !  I hope Rog and  the others had a thoroughly enjoyable day despite the result and the hordes of cyclists on the London streets today  -- totally ignoring the traffic lights as usual !!

papgeno replied on 30/05/2022 12:40

Posted on 30/05/2022 12:40

Not the result we wanted and it would be easy to say “we wuz robbed” and we were by a fat unfit referee given the game as a retirement present. VAR was supposed to prevent the sort of travesty we saw yesterday. All the reviews I’ve seen agree we should have had two penalties late on.🀬🀬🀬

Rant over. Yes Brian I  had a grand day, spent some quality time with my eldest grandson, who I don’t see as much of as I’d like. He lives and works in London now.

I took a picture of the SIL and my two grandsons sitting outside a pub in Archway and sent it to my OH. She texted back is that your lunch? I texted back no its just pudding. Not very funny

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook