What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 10/08/2024 22:47

Posted on 10/08/2024 22:47

Where to this time?

Dolgellau Nellie. Harlech and cycling down to Barmouth.

Best wishes to Oneputt.  Good to hear the twins doing well and enjoying their hobbies.

Freddy55 replied on 10/08/2024 23:04

Posted on 10/08/2024 22:08 by Takethedogalong

Get up to Skipton, then on to Long Preston. From there you can take a few scenic road routes across the Forest of Bowland area. We took one of the shorter ones and ended up in Sawley, which has interesting Abbey ruins, if that’s of any interest to you. The villages are lovely, we enjoyed our drive, and want to go back and explore more. Single track roads in places, but nothing to give concern. OS maps will give you some good ideas on where the villages are, the eateries, and the gradients. Very beautiful area.  

Posted on 10/08/2024 23:04

Thanks TDA 👍

milliehull replied on 11/08/2024 08:01

Posted on 11/08/2024 08:01

So sorry to hear that your brother is back in hospital OP. I hope he soon makes some improvement.

Rufs replied on 11/08/2024 08:32

Posted on 11/08/2024 08:32

Cracking morning, decided to take a swim at 0730 hrs whilst out on my bike, low tide is at 0900 hrs so plenty of deep water to facilitate a good swim, air temp was showing 18 degs and i guess the water temp must be something similar, dont know why we bother to go away really, so much on our doorstep, but a change is as good as a rest, or so they say, 1st lot of washing now on OH still in bed, one of the effects of the stroke is tiredness, but cant complain she is mobile, broken wrist seems to have healed quite well, another xray in 2 weeks time, she is about to start a trial for a new drug for osteoporosis, 2 year trial, injection every day, 200 needles delivered on Friday with drugs etc, just waiting for nurse to visit to give instructions on how we handle all of this, we are away for the month of September in the caravan, Cornwall,  might have to adjust my weight distribution to accomodate all the medical stuff.   undecided

has anybody walked this area of late

"Gaddings Dam is a fab place to go for a walk, swim, and picnic. It's a lovely walk to get there (there are a few routes up so you can choose the best way for your group - there is parking in nearby Todmorden but it will be a longer walk from there, nice route though!) "

although a lancashire lad i have never been to this place, it is supposed to be the UK's highest beach it is a disused reservoir , I guess it must have been around when i was a lad but probably used then as a water supply so no swimming i guess

DSB replied on 11/08/2024 09:17

Posted on 10/08/2024 20:25 by Oneputt

Great photos Corners

Another lovely sunny day here inEast Norfolk.  This morning went to Lowestoft to watch granddaughter play football in a preseason practice match against a team of boys.  Sophie scored the first goal of a 1-1 draw

Spent the afternoon pottering in the garden which is coming on splendidly 

Unfortunately brother was taken into Winchester hospital late Thursday night

Posted on 11/08/2024 09:17

Sorry to read about your brother OP.  All good wishes,

David

DSB replied on 11/08/2024 09:22

Posted on 11/08/2024 09:22

We spent yesterday travelling from Northumberland down to Bridlington - our final site before returning home for a few nights - to drop off the caravan and prepare for the journey without the caravan to the Outer Hebrides!!  In the meantime, it's looking good for the weather these next few days...

David

Takethedogalong replied on 11/08/2024 12:22

Posted on 10/08/2024 23:04 by Freddy55

Thanks TDA 👍

Posted on 11/08/2024 12:22

I have screen shot our route for you Freddy, from Skipton. We were staying in a cottage near Gargrave at the time. Red is route we did, bottom point is where Sawley is, and where we took a fast route back home, a March holiday, so daylight hours were shorter. Blue route is a longer option, and then the yellow arrows are other options, but how circular they are not sure. Enjoy👍

Sorry it’s so small, website had me reducing it.

Francis replied on 11/08/2024 12:48

Posted on 11/08/2024 12:48

Sounds like you’ve had a nice time away David although another long drive coming up for you to the Hebrides it’s even a long drive from where we are in Ayrshire up that way.

Home after a nice weekend at Ayr Craigie club site weather was ok yesterday site very busy but nice to be away to relax. Easy 30 minute tow home today and van now back on its space in the drive not sure when we will be able to get away again hopefully not too long. Lovey sunny warm day here today May cook on the Cadac later if it stays like this 

Freddy55 replied on 11/08/2024 13:14

Posted on 11/08/2024 12:22 by Takethedogalong

I have screen shot our route for you Freddy, from Skipton. We were staying in a cottage near Gargrave at the time. Red is route we did, bottom point is where Sawley is, and where we took a fast route back home, a March holiday, so daylight hours were shorter. Blue route is a longer option, and then the yellow arrows are other options, but how circular they are not sure. Enjoy👍

Sorry it’s so small, website had me reducing it.

Posted on 11/08/2024 13:14

That’s excellent, thanks for going to the trouble TDA, much appreciated 👍

DEBSC replied on 11/08/2024 15:29

Posted on 11/08/2024 15:29

We have just been out to Westward Ho! for lunch with our Son and family and two of our other granddaughters, son’s favourite pub. Nice lunch for us all together, It wasn’t too busy in there as everyone was on the beach, the beach and village was packed. Only room for one car at a time on some of the roads there, never been a problem just to wait, (my parents lived there for 30 years) not today however! saw three idiots drive up and half along the pavement rather than just wait a few moments. One nearly knocked into granddaughters wheelchair. Some just have no patience. Before that we called in at a shopping Outlet for the girls to look at dresses for an up coming family wedding, only one of them was successful, she got a nice dress. Son gone off home now as thinking it might be a busy journey back. We are at home now, feet up and a cuppa.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook