What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 11/08/2024 16:34

Posted on 11/08/2024 13:14 by Freddy55

That’s excellent, thanks for going to the trouble TDA, much appreciated 👍

Posted on 11/08/2024 16:34

I doubt our little loop did such a beautiful place justice to be honest, but we had a 90 year old with us at the time, and she was getting tired. It was early March, 2020. The World was in the terrible first grip of COVID, and the lockdown started as we got home. It looks well worth much more exploring, wasn’t such a drive for us as I say, we were in a cottage at Eshton, so a quick drive to get onto the loop. If you don’t know it well, Skipton is a lovely place. Lots to see and do. If you fancy a different meal out, there’s an authentic American Diner called Billy Bob’s not far from Skipton, lovely burgers, hot dogs, shakes and delicious ice cream. Be warned though, it gets very very busy, and is a Mecca for families. Mum enjoyed it🤣

https://www.billybobsparlour.com/bookings/

Freddy55 replied on 11/08/2024 18:04

Posted on 11/08/2024 16:34 by Takethedogalong

I doubt our little loop did such a beautiful place justice to be honest, but we had a 90 year old with us at the time, and she was getting tired. It was early March, 2020. The World was in the terrible first grip of COVID, and the lockdown started as we got home. It looks well worth much more exploring, wasn’t such a drive for us as I say, we were in a cottage at Eshton, so a quick drive to get onto the loop. If you don’t know it well, Skipton is a lovely place. Lots to see and do. If you fancy a different meal out, there’s an authentic American Diner called Billy Bob’s not far from Skipton, lovely burgers, hot dogs, shakes and delicious ice cream. Be warned though, it gets very very busy, and is a Mecca for families. Mum enjoyed it🤣

https://www.billybobsparlour.com/bookings/

Posted on 11/08/2024 18:04

I’m tempted to take the blue route TBH, it looks more ‘out there’. Yes, we’ve been to Skipton a couple of times now. Last time we took the train to Carlisle, which was nice. We stayed at the club site nearby, Wharfedale. What we like to do is take a flask and sandwiches, find a likely spot, get the chairs out and soak up the surroundings - nature at its finest. Unfortunately, the other half is beginning to really struggle with her hip, so for now, walking any distance is off the cards. A bit limiting.

RedKite replied on 11/08/2024 19:31

Posted on 11/08/2024 19:31

Sorry to hear about your brother OP.

A very hot day here  41C phew just too hot so most of the day inside with fans going and now portable aircon on in bedroom, also it is 30C in our lounge/dining room phew and windows and shutters are closed as the air is very warm outside but now 32C outside a bit better but more to go, tomorrow is a bit cooler around 33/34C then Tuesday and Wednesday we have got thunderstorms both days which we need some rain and it will be cooler hooray also saves some garden watering hopefully.

Had to go to Cahors last week phew that was warm with all the old stone buildings holding the heat.

Take care in the heat folks and stay cool for the next couple of days in some areas of the UK.

Wherenext replied on 11/08/2024 21:18

Posted on 11/08/2024 21:18

Having trouble with the signal as CL slightly off beaten track. Lovely spot though. Stopped at Plas Brondanw, a HHA house. Made a pleasant stop for a cuppa and lunch. Having trouble downloading some photos so they'll have to come later. Francis, there's one of a 100 year old Bentley so stay tuned.

Harlech and Barmouth were absolutely bouncing. We didn't stop long in either unfortunately. Able to walk out from site and join up with the old. now converted, railway line that runs from Dolgellau to Barmouth. Walked up to the George III pub for a glass of cold cider. Here for 2 nights. Cycling tomorrow although some rain due early morning.

Takethedogalong replied on 11/08/2024 21:33

Posted on 11/08/2024 21:33

I’m trying to make sense of Olympic Closing ceremony. I’m sure it’s spectacular in the Stadium but it’s just not doing things for me yet🤷‍♀️

nelliethehooker replied on 11/08/2024 21:35

Posted on 11/08/2024 13:14 by Freddy55

That’s excellent, thanks for going to the trouble TDA, much appreciated 👍

Posted on 11/08/2024 21:35

Depending where you are staying in Harrogate you could head north initially towards Ripon but turn off just after Ripley  towards Pateley Bridge, then past Stump Cross Cavern to Grassington and onto Long Preston that way. Coming back to through Clitheroe and up over the Nick of Pendle to Sabden and then head for Skipton and back to Harrogate over Blubberhouses.

The climb out of Pateley Bridge make for an "interesting" tow !!😊

nelliethehooker replied on 11/08/2024 21:57

Posted on 11/08/2024 21:57

A quite hot day but the breeze kept it bearable. Had to do a long postponed but essential job this morning...cleaning out the buffering at the back of the house...yuck!! It was a great day for getting the wahing dried. Too warm to contemplate cleaning the car this afternoon as it had stood in the full sunshine all morning, and too many applies tomorrow to do it either, so hopefully I can get it and perhaps the caravan cleaned on Tuesday.

RK, please keep those temperatures, and the forthcoming thunderstorms over there. It is nice here to have a period of proper summer, even if It is only for a short while.

WN, enjoy your nights away. I don't think that we have visited Plas Brondanw, so one to add to the list for a future trip.

Good to read of the trips away taken by Francis, CS and David. 

CS there is a pleasant walk around Grimwith Reservoir not far from where you must be staying, just off the B6265 towards Grassington.  There is van with fine ice cream in the car park, just the job at the end of one s walk!!

milliehull replied on 12/08/2024 08:05

Posted on 12/08/2024 08:05

We watched the NYO on BBC Proms last night - 140  amazingly talented teenage musicians. I love their enthusiasm.

I am out this morning meeting friends for coffee at a local garden centre and then this afternoon I shall stay indoors in the cool. Stay safe and try to keep cool everyone.

DSB replied on 12/08/2024 11:07

Posted on 11/08/2024 12:48 by Francis

Sounds like you’ve had a nice time away David although another long drive coming up for you to the Hebrides it’s even a long drive from where we are in Ayrshire up that way.

Home after a nice weekend at Ayr Craigie club site weather was ok yesterday site very busy but nice to be away to relax. Easy 30 minute tow home today and van now back on its space in the drive not sure when we will be able to get away again hopefully not too long. Lovey sunny warm day here today May cook on the Cadac later if it stays like this 

Posted on 12/08/2024 11:07

Indeed, Francis.  It's more than 600 miles for us....  I once worked it out, that we could almost get from Home to Lyon, in France for a similar mileage... 😀😀

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook